PNW Build: LHT/JRSC 90' RT4wd

15678911»

Comments

• beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    Dyno time video...
    148.jpg
    I really need higher compression pistons and a camshaft designed for supercharger purposes... Here are the results 190hp 145tq to the wheels @7250 rpm 7psi.
    149.jpg
    Picked up my wagon and she died half way home, F@€K!...
    150.jpg
    Waiting in this hot ass weather Damm tow truck company better hurry up. At least the shop I had my car dyno'd at paid for the tow.
    151.jpg

152.jpg
    1hr later and the waiting game continues.
    153.jpg
    Finally...
    154.jpg
    She's back at TrackForged and waiting on the final diagnosis so we'll see what's the problem.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Daaamn that sucks man...
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Aww man, I was excited to see this thing make such a flat torque curve. Also, could you rev it a bit higher? The power seems to be climbing, and I have heard that getting it to 7500 on stock valvetrain is not excessively dangerous, but do not qoute me on that.
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    Tadas wrote: »
    Aww man, I was excited to see this thing make such a flat torque curve. Also, could you rev it a bit higher? The power seems to be climbing, and I have heard that getting it to 7500 on stock valvetrain is not excessively dangerous, but do not qoute me on that.

You can push it to 7.5k with no worries with stock.

Waiting update with results of what happened..
    Vladi wrote: »
    Daaamn that sucks man...
    I was so fustrated but driving my wagon for just a bit kept me motivated to keep pushing and looking forward to a better tomorrow/issue fix.

Tadas wrote: »
    I have no doubt I would've passed the 200hp mark but im really looking into purchasing high compression pistons and custom SC purposed camshaft/valvetrain specific for my build by Rocket Motorsports. Was planning on going with Bisimoto but will try Rocket Motorsports. When all installed i'll go to another tuner English Racing in Camas Washington and tell them to run my set-up to 7500 or close to my engine spec limits based on my installed components.
    1.png
    snowbrd wrote: »
    You can push it to 7.5k with no worries with stock.

Waiting update with results of what happened..

Issue: RPM signal started to fade then died followed by a check engine light then engine stall. BTW I was sitting in traffic at the time.
    Diagnosis: charging system output 9.3v instead if a steady 12.5v - 13.5v.
    Fix: Alternator replacement.

Video of engine idle post new alternator and exhaust note during idle.
    216.jpg
    Acura EL 1.6 valve cover...

Before
    129.jpg
    After
    130.jpg
    Recaro LX's
    221.jpg
    Them basket weave head rest straight old school
    222.jpg
    Custom sonnnnnn........
    131.jpg
    Top down
    132.jpg
    Side view
    133.jpg
    Driver side
    134.jpg
    Passenger side
    135.jpg
    Fitment issue... Dammm wasted money on them caliper brackets from fastbrakes.com
    136.jpg
    Full pad contact isn't happening
    137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg
    Top view
    140.jpg
    Bottom view
    141.jpg
    Now that's more like it... Check the fitment and them spoon rotors/calipers!
    142.jpg

168.jpg
    Back view with EK knuckles, EF wagon hub, 99-2000 civic si wheel bearing and 3mm rotor spacers.
    143.jpg
    EF knuckle
    144.jpg
    Ek knuckle
    145.jpg

146.jpg

The issue now is with the Ek knuckle combo fitment has too much positive camber even when adjusting to max - camber on front UCA. The EK knuckle has a different bend compared to EF knuckle as shown in previous pictures. I either have to source a longer front LCA and see what happens or re-evaluate front caliper set-up. If anyone has tips on DC2 twin block spoon caliper 4x100 EF RT4wd wagon fitment configuration please let me know cause i really want the upgrade to work.

Who on the site has done a 4x100, 11inch rotor, twin block spoon caliper/rotor upgrade? which knuckle, LCA and UCA configuration did you/they use?

Getting that work
    147.jpg
    Front wheels mounted. Had to use 3mm rotor spacers and 3mm wheel spacers for wheel/caliper/rotor fitment. Need to paint that rotor hat and wheel spacer black for a better look.
    148.jpg
    CD1Racing Rear disk conversion kit installed. I still need that parking brake bracket....
    149.jpg
  • Nice stuff. My thought on the valve cover though is that a bit of light file work looks tremendously better than sanding. It gives it that nice machined edge look. Where sanding no matter how stiff the backer board is it still looks rounded. That's just all personal preference though.

Love the way those Nissin spoon calipers look. I wonder if I can cram those under some RPF1, probably not.

Super Jealous of those seats though, if you come across another set, hit me up.
  • Damn love the wheel and brake set up! clean clean clean
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    Damn that is beautiful, I'm running EK front Hub/Knuckles with 262mm rotors and have the same camber problem even at max adjustment on the adjustable camber, I'm hoping the rotor and caliper can be transferred onto the EF Knuckle/Hub for the right combo.
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    What about using a DA knuckle? That should work.
  • SnuggieSnuggie Band Wagon
    Thats probably the dopest wagon I've ever seen. I just got done skimming over every page and now I'm sad that I have to wait for updates on this monster.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on this build?
  • When I did my JRSC build I settled on 10.5:1 comp pistons after a long talk with the guys at CP-Carrillo and I used a stage 2 NA cam but eventually read that a stage 1 NA cam it likely the best option as the stage 2 might actually lose power due to blowby. 10.5:1 was rather aggressive, and reading through some old SC threads on D-Series and superhonda 10.0 seems to be the DD sweet spot.

The work you do looks spectacular. Can't wait to see it as a finished project...but when are they ever really finished. :)
    Damn, It’s been 2 years and 3 months since I logged in...
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Yeah man, the time goes by quick. I am doing the rebuild as well, read up stuff watch some boostedbois videos with wagons and get back at it!