PNW Build: LHT/JRSC 90' RT4wd

Comments

• PrennroPrennro Council Member
    This is going really well. The engine bay looks amazing. Virtual high five on the fabrication, especially because nothing fits the wagon!
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Oh my excuse me while I grab some tissues. That is a beautiful bay
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    love the yellow VC... And also that is a serious steering wheel collection you have going--- may i have one?
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    Prennro wrote: »
    This is going really well. The engine bay looks amazing. Virtual high five on the fabrication, especially because nothing fits the wagon!
    Thanks bro I really appriciated it... Watched your video and mannnn! that whine sounds so sweet. This coming saturday if everything works out would be the first attempt to starting my wagon after a year+ of down time. I really can't wait to hear 1st successful start up, that JRSC whine after a couple revs and just straight out driving to the gas station for my 1st fill up and walking to my wagon after paying the cashier just staring and smiling with happyness.
    sohawk wrote: »
    Oh my excuse me while I grab some tissues. That is a beautiful bay
    lol Just letting you know i aint done yet so stay tuned for more bruh.... My idea's mixed with a themed based engine bay that I curently visualized and see to this date aint the end for sure.
    BillBoard wrote: »
    love the yellow VC... And also that is a serious steering wheel collection you have going--- may i have one?
    I've always loved the company Spoon Sports and all I'm trying to do is mimic spoon with my idea's and little touches here and there. I think i've achived/executed my goal but i aint done yet that's for sure... As far as my steering wheel collection MmmmmmmmNO hahaha lol honestly for right now i'm into collecting hard to find Honda Access steering wheels and i don't see my self letting any of them go expect one of my four spoke steering wheels cause its in really bad condition. I'm still trying to source a local company that can re-wrap it with OEM quality in mind. Here's a teaser plus one to my collection >>
    64.jpg
    This is how it's going to look mounted. Don't mind my dusty cabin, i still haven't installed my lower center console with my gathers tape deck/honda car phone combo and getting rid of my cup holder you see there.
    65.jpg
    Just picked up a pretty damm clean Honda of America leather shift knob from a thailand EF chassis enthusiast.
    66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg
    K&N crankcase/vent filter for my oil catch tank.
    69.jpg

70.jpg
    LHT manifold return line fill Tee installed at the highest point of the system as per instructions.
    71.jpg
    Radiator coolant line tuck to OEM coolant tank for that custom look/OEM++ feel. Gonna use some sticky backs so i can hide the zip ties.
    72.jpg

73.jpg

74.jpg
    Just picked up a Gathers CD/7-band EQ deck.
    10.png

105.jpg
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    beastmode wrote: »
    Just picked up a Gathers CD/7-band EQ deck.
    10.png

105.jpg

Kind of looks like the LCD is broken...or maybe its the picture?
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    Kind of looks like the LCD is broken...or maybe its the picture?

Its the picture...
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    I was gonna say, bum deal unless you knew in advance.
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    I was gonna say, bum deal unless you knew in advance.
    Well right now my main concern is 1st turn key/start this Saturday and if everything goes right I'm going to concentrate on my audio situation. Gonna install my Gathers tape deck/Honda car phone/lower center console combo. Been thinking about it and I'm just going to install a bluetooth module within the handset and be done with it just so it works in a sense. I do have the complete harness for the Honda car phone tho... Was planning on swaping out the Honda car phone with my Gather CD/7-band EQ deck when not at shows or when ever i feel like it. I like to have options as you can see from my collection of parts and accessories...
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    The EQ is sick!
    Grifty wrote: »
    The EQ is sick!

Got me some OG keys now I need to cut a spare.
    121.jpg
    Using that Hamp Synergy oil filter and purchased a spare.
    1.jpeg

122.jpg
    1st initial start up was a success.
    123.jpg

1.mp4
    Tanabe medallion exhaust is super quiet.
    124.jpg
    Tanabe Revel VLS gauges hooked up and this is how they look during start up. Boost, Wideband air/fuel, Oil temp & Oil press from left to right.
    2.mp4

3.mp4
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it pull
  • Please please please do a write up on the car phone!
    sohawk wrote: »
    Looks and sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it pull
    When I pick up a gopro i'll for sure take a vid driving around town. Drove my wagon today and man.... no power steering and getting use to my clutch feel again is a must! If I was in traffic my left leg would get a thorough work out like a mothaf___a!
    bigdzysays wrote: »
    Please please please do a write up on the car phone!
    Coming soon sir just be on a look out for my write up.

And another one straight from my poland connect...
    292.jpg
    Delivery took a couple weeks from the land down under austrailia...
    293.jpg
    Kickin it at the shop today...
    294.jpg
    On the left side...
    295.jpg
    So sharp...
    296.jpg
    Back2Back...
    297.jpg
    I am in need of a map sensor adapter so i can read pressure/vac off the manifold post supercharger and start tuning. LHT performance is currently 0 bin of there signature map sensor adapter at the moment. Still searching for another company who supplies this part.
    366.jpg
    On a side note I love the color my exhaust manifold!
    367.jpg
    It's about time for that footwork upgrade. DC2 calipers, 4x100 11" rotors and blue lugs all .
    14.jpg
    Fastbrakes.com 11" rotor upgrade caliper brackets.15.jpg
    Spoon Sports sw388's 15x6.5 +35.16.jpg
    Now I'm just waiting on my CD1 Racing RDC kit, rotor shims for rotor to caliper fitment and order of Yokohama s.drive 195/50/15 tires.
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Nice, one thing I'm planning on doing before I put the rear brake upgrade from Lowflyin' on is to do a stop test and see if I record any different stopping distance. I know those there will probably just lock things up even quicker but it would be interesting to see if they can cut down on the distance. Just gotta find a time that I can make some noise on a straight stretch without getting the cops called on me.
    This is pretty, oh so pretty. Those blue calipers behind those black wheels are gonna pop! Can't wait to see the mounted results.
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    Damn, nice additions!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    This is going to look great!
    Nice, one thing I'm planning on doing before I put the rear brake upgrade from Lowflyin' on is to do a stop test and see if I record any different stopping distance. I know those there will probably just lock things up even quicker but it would be interesting to see if they can cut down on the distance. Just gotta find a time that I can make some noise on a straight stretch without getting the cops called on me.
    The RDC kit would definitely improve stopping distance and would be interested to see your findings. An open road or a deserted industrial area for sure would work fine as testing grounds. Hopefully you got some friends with free time to help you record this test.
    Prennro wrote: »
    This is pretty, oh so pretty. Those blue calipers behind those black wheels are gonna pop! Can't wait to see the mounted results.
    Yeah I can imagine it already myself plus if I remember right there was a couple members I believe on the east coast with this similar set-up. These wheels are so light I couldn’t believe it but on the other hand I’ve never owned light weight wheels anyway.
    usdm420 wrote: »
    Damn, nice additions!
    Thank you sir…
    SPW wrote: »
    This is going to look great!
    Got some of my inspirations from Type One’s EF9 which was featured on Best Motoring International - Roarin Vtec, The Battles a@10,000rpm DVD. I for sure aint done with the suspension as a refresh will be coming in the future of the build. I just don’t know when yet…maybe in 1.5yrs be it that my current suspension set up is still feels fresh the last time I drove her bound/rebound wise I feel.

195/50/15 Yokohama s.drive’s installed…
    43.jpg

44.jpg
    Side view…
    42.jpg
    Looks awesome! I do love how light weight those are, even beating the RPF1 by at least a pound I think for the same size.
    Looks awesome! I do love how light weight those are, even beating the RPF1 by at least a pound I think for the same size.
    At 8.5lbs each without tires these wheels are definitely a choice to cut mass weight... Big difference between my BBS RT's vs sw388's like night and day!

Picked up some brand new air filters.
    210.jpg
    Finally sourced a MAP sensor adapter from Motorvations Motorsports.
    211.jpg
    212.jpg
    Blackworks 4-bar map sensor...
    213.jpg

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg
    Found a close match to mimic spoon sports caliper blue.
    217.jpg

218.jpg
    Thats the color code right there...
    219.jpg
    My Recaro LX's finally arrived just needs a good cleaning then she's good to go...
    220.jpg

221.jpg
    That fish net head rest is definitely period correct...gotta love it!
    222.jpg
    Nice recaros!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Looking good Jason, love everything about this thing :)
    Nice recaros!
    Thanks I've been searching for these Recaro LX's ever since i seen them in an EF about a year ago. Here's the picture that started it all. There is a video of this sedan from thailand/malaysia on youtube. If you look closely the rear seat covers are the same material as the front recaro's... ?..!..?..! and he got a full roof sliding rag top which is f__ckin sick! He be "pullin up to the scene with the roof missing" - 2chainz voice "im different" lol... >>
    2.png
    Vladi wrote: »
    Looking good Jason, love everything about this thing :)
    Its been along time coming thats for sure. Over a year of down time aint easy for a me but i keep looking forward towards the finish line which is what keeps me motivated to keep pushin to reach my goal.

About to get towed to TrackedForged for dyno tuning...
    330.jpg

331.jpg

332.jpg
    Picked up some non OEM wagon specific window visors in black(bottom) and purple(top).
    333.jpg
    EF Civic plates...
    334.jpg
    At TrackedForged...
    335.jpg
    Preparation to get that work...
    336.jpg
    Mustang dyno...
    337.jpg
    She's finally at that point to find out how well all these aftermarket parts compliant each other power wise....
    338.jpg
    So awesome! can't wait to see the numbers and a vid of this beast! Those are the baddest seats I've seen as well. As do you, I Love the oem look.

Jim from motorvations is the one who did my tuning. Great guy and has some cool custom stuff as they relate to us jackson users.
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    In for some numbers! Badass man
  • Oh man finally! Can't wait for numbers. I was also looking at the visors...lemme know what you think since you have some in hand. I thought from the pics that the black might be too dark.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Those recaro's look perfect in the wagon, they were sold a lot in Opel Manta's (Pretty sure you dont have them in the USA, worth googling imo!) in the 70's and 80's, some even with funky rainbow-stripes.
    Purple wagon visors will look cool on your wagon too.

But first, videos!
    That's not how the air filter goes.