PNW Build: LHT/JRSC 90' RT4wd

So I finally decided to document my build >>

Owned/modified since: June 2011
Year: 1990
Make: Honda
Model: Civic Wagon RT4wd

Upgrades:
-Previous owner replaced D16A6 with D16Y3.
-Ksport CHD010-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System (F)12kg [new spring rate replacement spring] (R)9.8kg [swap'd from F > R].
-Ksport CKHD01-3 Honda Civic/CRX 1988-1991 Rear Camber Kit.
-Skunk2 51-6-05-5660 Pro Series Front Camber Kits.
-Ksport LCHD01 Honda Civic/CRX 1989-1991 Lower Control Arms.
-SPC 69250 toe adjustment kit (rear).
-Front sway bar came with the car but prob came from a 89-91 civic/crx aftermarket company, installed by previous owner.
-Front adj tower strut brace came with the car but prob came from a 89-91 civic/crx aftermarket company, installed by previous owner.
-No name rear adjustable c-pillar bar.
-Megan rear adjustable tower strut brace, Part Number: MR-SB-HC88RU.
-Suspension Techniques STQ-51140 88-91 civic/crx rear sway bar.
-Energy Suspension master kit, Part Number: 16.18102.
-VIP performance rear differential mod(must have).
-DC header modified.
-Magnaflow exhaust.
-Magnaflow high flow cat.
-Nardi steering wheel, wood grain.
-Nardi shift knob, wood grain.
-VIP style cup/cigarette holder, wood grain.
-White rear metal venetian blinds, 8 slates.
-OEM civic wagon floor mats, blue.
-No name hood bra.
-5 panel wink mirror.
-Bazooka base tube, Amplified double ended(2x 8in woofers)
-Alpine CDE-122 unit
-4 alpine type-r 6.5in coax speaker.
-Alpine mini amp 45W RMSx4 @4ohms PN# KPT-445.
-OEM rear speaker pods.
-Rota Shakotans 15x8, 0 offset. [old set but sill on car]
-Federal Formoza FD1, 165/50 R15 [old set but sill on car]
-Passenger fender mirror, Victory brand.
-Volvo 740GL lip.
-Yakima Basket.
-Thule cross bars.
-89 CRX DX seat swap, best mod to date. [In my opinion a better look/feel then the DA integra seat swap]
-OEM passenger mirror delete plate.
-OEM honda roll down shade for both rear windows. White with blue honda symbol when pulled down to block sun.
-Rare 16 valve Rover D16Y valve cover, came from Honda Civic MB1 LS/Rover 416 SLI Auto ***

Measurements from ground to bottom of door handle F & R: (F)25 3/4in and (R) 26 1/2in. Any lower front setting header will meet asphalt while driving at times with this setup. Suspension damping adjustment set to the max.

Tire size: 165/50/15 Federal Formoza FD1 with measurements above you will tuck in the front and have a 1.5 finger gap in the rear.

536.jpg

537.jpg

538.jpg

539.jpg

540.jpg

541.jpg

542.jpg

543.jpg

544.jpg

545.jpg

546.jpg

547.jpg

548.jpg

549.jpg

Comments

• beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    New Wheels: BBS RT 3-Piece 4x100 (F) 16x9 +15 offset w/2.5in lip (R) 16x9.5 +9 offset w/3in lip.
    Tires: Yokohama S Drives (F)195/45 R16 (R) 205/45 R16

2.5 inch
    5.png

3 inch
    550.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    ok im liking the spikes on the BBS rims..
  • wago_90wago_90 Wagonist
    Did you get that 16 valve, valve cover from an old rover? I've been looking for one. wagon looks great.
    From my research the 16 valve Rover valve cover was only available on a Honda Civic MB1 LS/Rover 416 SLI Auto(Europe) equipt with the D16Y3 engine which was only available in europe. The previous owner performed the motor swap and prob purchased the engine from a local tuning shop or ebay which i've seen D16Y3's for sale with the same Rover valve cover. I've tried searching for the valve cover itself but never seen it for sale any where in the US craigslist/ebay and all. I personaly have both SOHC and DOHC Rover valve covers. I'll post a picture of both SOHC/DOHC (both rare in the US) Rover valve covers which doesn't have honda written on it and only states the word "16 valve" for the SOHC and "DOHC 16 valve" for the DOHC valve cover.
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    Looks awesome! I can't wait to make my basket that big
    $100 dollars for both rack and cross bars from a friend cant beat that price.
  • gar07gar07 Band Wagon
    sweet ass wagon ;)
    wago_90 wrote: »
    Did you get that 16 valve, valve cover from an old rover? I've been looking for one. wagon looks great.

Rover SOHC valve cover
    648.jpg

Rover DOHC valve cover
    649.jpg
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    Wicked price! I just bought a welder so I'm going to play around with it and extend mine
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    beastmode wrote: »
    Rover DOHC valve cover
    649.jpg

Is this for a DOHC ZC D-series?
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    Is this for a DOHC ZC D-series?

Yes, 1 of 3 valve covers you could use.
  • wago_90wago_90 Wagonist
    yeah man I have been looking since I bought mine i saw one a long time ago on another forum but was out of my price range. cool to see it on a wagon. thanks for the up close.
  • Great mod list! In4BBS's. :)
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    What is a D16y3 similar to? Is it vtec or non-vtec? Similar to a D16y7?

I'm just wondering what motors the valve cover will fit.
    vtecn8ive wrote: »
    What is a D16y3 similar to? Is it vtec or non-vtec? Similar to a D16y7?

I'm just wondering what motors the valve cover will fit.

D16Y3 = non-vtec OBD1. D15 and D16 valve covers are interchangable but you have to keep in mind the configration, oil fill location/spark plug location & bolt hole location. Once locations are verified that's when you can narrow down your options and choose which valve cover you want.
    Great mod list! In4BBS's. :)

In two weeks bro, I can't wait myself. I keep staring and wiping down my wheels almost every damn day....cost so much but beautiful as f*#k. I love my wheels and they aint even mounted yet. lol
  • knottyyknottyy Wagonist
    Lookin good man, lots of new stuff going on! I'm excited to see how it all turns out. We won't be matching brothers anymore though:( ha ha
    Built D16Z6 bottom w/built Y8 head fresh 0 miles. Still collecting my misc turbo parts to complete the install. Hopefully everything will be in and tuned by end of summer. Here's a quick pic will post specs later tonight.
    24.jpg
    Got my tires at the shop >> Yokohama S.Drives (F) 195/45 R16 (R) 205/45 R16. Mount, balance, fender roll and suspension adjustment this friday!
    121.jpg
  • WagonhoeWagonhoe Wagonist
    The wagon looks sweet man. I personally like how it looks with the 15's. Why did you decide to go to 16's? I am personally trying to decide if I want to go with 15's or 16's.
    Next upgrade i'll perform some time this week >> Rear Hatch grab Bar
    149.jpg

150.jpg
    Wagonhoe wrote: »
    The wagon looks sweet man. I personally like how it looks with the 15's. Why did you decide to go to 16's? I am personally trying to decide if I want to go with 15's or 16's.

Clearance issues header hitting asphalt with extra passengers and weight is the reason why i'm moving up to 16's. 15's work too but 195/45 on my next set of tires.
    My wood grain VIP style cup/cigarette holder.
    161.jpg

After an hour at SE Portland pick-n-pull junk yard had to munch on some $1.00 taco's at the taco truck.
    162.jpg
  • Where did you find the rear hatch pull bar? or is it custom from another car/truck/suv?
  • Yo b your civic wagon is hekka ill bra.. im up in ptown all the time we should meet up sometime g? wait til my shit is semi ready to roll though its a hoodride rightnow fa sho ha..
    No time to fine tune suspension today. Suspension adjustment/fender roll took longer then expected and made an appointment next week Wednesday to finish up. Need to complete: A tad bit more front fender pull, front camber dial-in, lower front a bit 1/8in, a tad bit more rear fender pull, rear camber dial-in, rear height lowering by 1/2 inch or so and toe adjustment Here are a few pics i took with my iPhone right when i got home. No rubbing noticed and seen when checked tires as soon as i got back home. Here are a few pictures i took with my iPhone at night, i need a real camera.

205.jpg

206.jpg

207.jpg

208.jpg

209.jpg
    Where did you find the rear hatch pull bar? or is it custom from another car/truck/suv?

http://www.mycarworx.com/legacy_outback.html - rear grab bar
  • VLxTurtleVLxTurtle New Wagonist
    Im in love with this build man, any other future plans besides the rear bar?
    knottyy wrote: »
    Lookin good man, lots of new stuff going on! I'm excited to see how it all turns out. We won't be matching brothers anymore though:( ha ha

Hey bro i'm jus tryin to keep up with you lol..... nah jus kiddin but im still gonna be rockin the blinds every now and then jus to mix it up. What's up with both front L/R fenders and non-ripped blue seat skin i sold you, installed yet? You haven't added anything to your build post for a while, must be waiting to buss on the scene soon with something major huh?!?!? We gotta connect when im up there before the show in kent washington on the 2nd of june import face-off. I should be there on the 1st i'll hit you up.
    Yo b your civic wagon is hekka ill bra.. im up in ptown all the time we should meet up sometime g? wait til my shit is semi ready to roll though its a hoodride rightnow fa sho ha..

No doubt with it to kick-it and let me know when your car is ready i'm down cruz around with some other wagons. When's the next time you gonna be out and about in portland?