Comments

• 16 pages of boner.
    What he said!!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    What he said!!
    Lol you guys. Thanks!
    DRMORTY wrote: »
    Keep up the good work.. Cant wait to see it!
    Thanks man. We have a couple of wagon guys in the area. Maybe a wagon meet of some sort would be cool.

She's put back together and cleaned out the inside. It had lots of sand from sandblasting. I also two toned the mirrors, painted the radiator tie bar, and hood hinges. Just need to touch up some over spray and sand the fenders down and we should be ready for paint next week.234.jpg
    235.jpg
    236.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Koni's came in. Going to save up a little more for the GC tophats. 281.jpg
  • Looks so fresh, I can't wait to have my wagon look so clean as this.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    bigdzysays wrote: »
    Looks so fresh, I can't wait to have my wagon look so clean as this.
    Thanks man!

Well I reached my bandwidth with photobucket so all my images are blocked. :hopelessness: I'm switching to flickr and reposting every picture I've posted on this thread. :offended:
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    vrmousey wrote: »
    Finally made it to the end of your thread! Great work all around! Makes me want to get in the garage and work on my wagon! Sorry about the cracked paint :(

I usually pop a manual tranny open if it's not in the car, just to check out the synchros, feel the bearings for slop or gritty spin, and clean the crap off the magnet. If the synchros look ok, you should be able to get a bearings/seals rebuild kit for under $120 online. If the bearings look and feel good, then all you have to do is seal it back up! no gasket - honda factory uses a grey RTV silicone, I use red :)

Another cheap insurance policy at that point might be a throwout bearing - and take a good look at your clutch and flywheel if you don't want to replace them while it's all apart, get a good look anyway!

You've got the factory serice manual - it has a walk thru on how to rebuild the trannny! The first one is a little intimidating, yes. But it really isn't that hard, it's more procedure. Especially easy if you're only replacing bearings and seals...

Wish I had more posts - I can't share a link to my pics of my 89 2wd wagon's manual (cable) tranny while it was open! 374.jpg

Wow! it worked! ok so that's my 89 2wd cable tranny - the manuals all have the same "guts" for the most part, just different gear ratios.

The 89 tranny will have BIG aluminum shift forks - just like inside my wagon's new 92-95 VX tranny (yes, my tranny is powdercoated!):
    375.jpg

I'm going for the high mpg's with this tranny in my Skiddy! (I did the HASPORT conversion mount kit - not cheap, but great quality!)
    I'd be happy to offer any advice - but it looks like you'll figure it out from what I've read so far! Then again, I'm available either way!

Subscribed! Great build!

Thanks,
    Victor
    That's strange. I totally missed your comment! Thanks Victor! Don't worry to much about the primer. It ended up not being to bad. I got everything extra straight so it can only look better. and great tips. I'm going to have to crack it open and check it out while it's out. I'm going to be completely honest with you. I don't know much at all about mechanics. But now that I have another car I can daily drive and leave the project car at home sitting, hopefully I can learn a thing or two when I start to work on the mechanics side of the wagon. If I get stuck, expect some PM's from me haha. Anyways, your tranny looks great powder coated in that creamish color. Can't wait to see more from your wagon build.
  • Can't wait to see this painted! here's a quick shot of mine after paint, it's a lil dusty though.

307.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Grifty wrote: »
    Can't wait to see this painted! here's a quick shot of mine after paint, it's a lil dusty though.

307.jpg
    Me to! Touching up a couple things before paint. Man that looks sharpe! Same b37-m?
  • SPW wrote: »
    Me to! Touching up a couple things before paint. Man that looks sharpe! Same b37-m?

Yep sure is B37M :)
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Painted the gas cover red. I think it looks neat.
    314.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Almost ready for paint.
    404.jpg
    405.jpg
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    what mudflaps are these(in the pic near the beginning)?? I've been looking for a set FOREVER...VERY nice wagon, dude!
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    more please!!!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    ZombieMike wrote: »
    what mudflaps are these(in the pic near the beginning)?? I've been looking for a set FOREVER...VERY nice wagon, dude!
    Thanks man! Those are optional wagon rear mud flaps. I BELIEVE not 100% sure were offered in the US. You may wanna look on eBay. That's where I got mine.
    BillBoard wrote: »
    more please!!!
    Not much more but we're ready for paint! Booth won't be available until Tuesday unfortunately.
    422.jpg423.jpg
    This is going into the wagon after paint. Lol.
    424.jpg
    SPW wrote: »
    Thanks man! Those are optional wagon rear mud flaps. I BELIEVE not 100% sure were offered in the US. You may wanna look on eBay. That's where...

yea ive scoured ebay and internet in general but can only find fronts...or rears that have 4wd on them....I NEED some just like yours BADLY.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man! Those are optional wagon rear mud flaps. I BELIEVE not 100% sure were offered in the US. You may wanna look on eBay. That's where...

yea ive scoured ebay and internet in general but can only find fronts...or rears that have 4wd on them....I NEED some just like yours BADLY.
    They are kinda tough to find. They pop up every once in a while. I'll keep a eye out.
    They are kinda tough to find. They pop up every once in a while. I'll keep a eye out.

Yea im seeing the difficulty first hand....Thanks!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    You got it!

My instructors forgot my LR13 Reducer and RM 5335 glamour clear. :disturbed: But it is cleaned from contaminants. Just a quick blow of air and some tack rag before paint tomorrow.
    45.jpg
    im so excited!!
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    Awesome! Keep it up dude, that's going to be a beautiful wagon very soon. I'm a little jealous. ..

Thanks,
    Victor
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote: »
    im so excited!!
    Me to!
    vrmousey wrote: »
    Awesome! Keep it up dude, that's going to be a beautiful wagon very soon. I'm a little jealous. ..

Thanks,
    Victor
    Thanks man. Now the fun part comes. Find where all the bolts go haha.

Finished painting most of the car today with the exception of bumpers. I had two small runs but other than that, it turned out awesome for being my first time. I ended doing 2 blue ground coats, 2 b37m coats, and 3 clear coats. I have no pics of it with clear on. I ended up dropping and killing my phone after clear. But I will use a REAL camera to get some shots.
    52.jpg
    53.jpg
    54.jpg Selfies. Lol.
    55.jpg
    56.jpg
    57.jpg
    Mini video if you'd like to watch:
    [video]https://flic.kr/p/qwuUBj[/video]
  • Man, that, is AWESOME!!!
    man, that, is awesome!!!

woot! Woot!
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    The paint is going to look amazing
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks guys. I took some shots of the wagon outside. It was kinda gloomy outside today. Couldn't receive that good sunlight.
    72.jpg
    73.jpg
    Close up on the fender.
    74.jpg
    So instead of buffing the car, my instructors gave me the option of sanding the whole car down with 1000 grit and re-clearing it. I hate buffing honestly. You run into the danger of burning through the edges, your taking away clear and it's more maintenance. No bueno. Doing it this way will take just as long as cutting and buffing and it will give a showroom finish, a glass like finish.
    75.jpg
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge...
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Looks so good.
  • woooohweee, these updates have me sweating. Good stuff dude! I just started in the auto-body program at my local community college this semester, can't wait to work on my cars in our shop!
    Yummy! Love the color. great choice!
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Very nice sir!