Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• FinnyFinny Band Wagon
    looks so clean man! i love it!
  • Wow, that thing came out so great after all that hard work!
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Wow! I see now, but still looks Really Awesome! Told you all that elbow grease would pay off. Even more so, cause it was all you! Congrats!
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    For random bits, like the trim at the bottom of the rear glass, how was that done? You just had good clean parts on hand for it? I wonder cause I do eventually plan on getting some of the ick scrubbed off of my car and that trim bit has all the black plastic peeled off of it, and the same in other places. Just wondering what can be rebuilt and what just happens cause of NOS parts.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Looking awesome man!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thank you Finny and Truckslammer. That means a lot to me.

Gracias Paul. Even though you live no where near me, I felt like your were next to me supporting this project. Thanks for the support!

Greenteagood: First I cleaned them with soap and water. Then I sanded them with 220 I believe to give something for the coating to adhere to. Make sure you choke back on the paintable rubberized coating. It's likes to go on heavy. After that I painted it with regular paint after the coating dried.

Thank you you for the kind words Vladi!

I haven't been in town for the last couple of weeks therefore, no work has been done to it. I will be gone for a couple of months. Can't wait to get back to working on it though.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Lookin' Sharp!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Lookin' Sharp!
    Thank you!

Haven't been posting lately but I do catch up with everybody's threads on here when I have a chance. I haven't been living at home so no work has been done. But I have been buying parts here and there.

135.jpg
    136.jpg
    137.jpg
    138.jpg
    Some pics to keep the thread alive.
    139.jpg
    140.jpg
    141.jpg
    142.jpg
    Ohh and I finally took the stupid rice can off. Lol.
    143.jpg
    Thanks for looking!
  • Love the exhaust....who makes that? Model#?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    arries289 wrote: »
    Love the exhaust....who makes that? Model#?
    It's an HKS exhaust for an EF. Part number: LES-H05 and I believe it's to short for the wagon. The middle pipe needs to be extended 6 inches or so.

Did the exact same with mine. Wish it was a tad bigger in diameter for my application, but sounds great considering the price, modification needed and other EF non - wagon option exhausts left on the market.
  • NOS old school Yakima fairing? Nice! What's the story on that?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    sohawk wrote: »
    NOS old school Yakima fairing? Nice! What's the story on that?
    Yea man NOS fairing. I made have over paid for it but I really wanted it. Lol. I found it on eBay.
    Prennro wrote: »
    Did the exact same with mine. Wish it was a tad bigger in diameter for my application, but sounds great considering the price, modification needed and other EF non - wagon option exhausts left on the market.
    Awesome! I'm very excited to install it.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So its been almost a year since I've messed with the old girl. I will start daily driving it soon but first I need to fix a couple issues. First off the wagon would feel like it would turn off if you stepped on the pedal to hard so after some digging I checked the spark plugs and one of them had oil all over them. So I saw the seals were bad and switched out the valve cover with a valve cover that had good seals on them and it seemed to have fixed the bogging issue. But now my cooling fans don't want turn so I tested the fans and their working once power is hooked up to them so I'm going to check grounds, sensors, relays and stuff. Brake master cylinder isn't doing to great either so that is going to be switched out. My A/C isn't cold either but it's not a priority right now but other than that, its running pretty smooth. Thanks for looking.
    51.jpg
    SPW wrote: »
    So its been almost a year since I've messed with the old girl. I will start daily driving it soon but first I need to fix a couple issues. First off the wagon would feel like it would turn off if you stepped on the pedal to hard so after some digging I checked the spark plugs and one of them had oil all over them. So I saw the seals were bad and switched out the valve cover with a valve cover that had good seals on them and it seemed to have fixed the bogging issue. But now my cooling fans don't want turn so I tested the fans and their working once power is hooked up to them so I'm going to check grounds, sensors, relays and stuff. Brake master cylinder isn't doing to great either so that is going to be switched out. My A/C isn't cold either but it's not a priority right now but other than that, its running pretty smooth. Thanks for looking.
    51.jpg

That valve cover looks great! Glad to see it on! Keep on getting the gremlins fixed to make her more enjoyable!
  • SPW wrote: »

Were you able to install that HKS exhaust?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    That valve cover looks great! Glad to see it on! Keep on getting the gremlins fixed to make her more enjoyable!
    Thanks Paul! Can't wait to get it back on the road.
    Were you able to install that HKS exhaust?
    Not yet. Soon though.
    So I have a CEL. I turned the ignition on, pull downed the passenger side carpet from under the dashboard and observed the LED light on the top of the ECU. I reset the ECU to see if the code pops up again and it did. It flashed once for about a second and nothing else. I tried 2 other ECU's to see if they did the same thing and the same thing happens. My question is what's the ECU trying to say? Would it be 1-Oxygen content or 10-Intake air temperature? Also, I thought the LED on top of the ECU was supposed to repeat itself?
  • I just picked up the same exhaust! Can't wait to get it on. If you get yours done first throw up some pics for us, I'm curious if we will have to do any hanger adjustments to get it to line up correctly.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    superhatch wrote: »
    I just picked up the same exhaust! Can't wait to get it on. If you get yours done first throw up some pics for us, I'm curious if we will have to do any hanger adjustments to get it to line up correctly.
    As soon as I get some cash flowing in I'm throwing this guy in. I'll definitely get some pics up.

Washed the wagons up.
    59.jpg60.jpg61.jpg62.jpg
    63.jpg64.jpg
    65.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Wagon is almost ready to be daily driven! Just need to replace the master brake cylinder. Threw the roof rack on today.
    99.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I dropped off the wagon at the muffler shop today and asked them to do what they thought was best. They did some cutting. The wagon is super duper quite!
    117.jpg118.jpg
    119.jpg
    Exactly where I cut and spliced my hks hatch exhaust for my Wagon. Nice.
  • SPW wrote: »
    I dropped off the wagon at the muffler shop today and asked them to do what they thought was best. They did some cutting. The wagon is super duper quite!

Looks good. How much did the muffler shop charge for the muffler work?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Exactly where I cut and spliced my hks hatch exhaust for my Wagon. Nice.

Nice! It sounds super awesome.
    Looks good. How much did the muffler shop charge for the muffler work?

A fair amount.

I pulled the engine today.

29.jpg
    30.jpg
    31.jpg
    32.jpg
    Got around to switching out the pedal assembly too.
    33.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Well I got the pedals officially bolted on. It was a pain in the butt! I had to zip tie the steering column so it would stop getting in my way.
    39.jpg
    40.jpg
    Also removed the auto shifter assembly.
    41.jpg
    My original plan was to take out the motor, clean it up, do some maintenance, hook up the manual tranny, paint the engine bay, throw it back in and daily it but I figured if I gone this far I might as well go the extra mile. So I'm thinking of sticking a B series in it. With that said, I'm going to purchase a daily driver and leave the wagon sitting for a couple more months. Meanwhile, I'm going to refurbish/replace suspension and braking components.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Got the wheel shipped from Vladi. Thanks again!
    80.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    94.jpg
    Engine bay is close to being cleared out. Just have brake booster, harnesses and little thing here and there to remove. Next step is to paint the wheel wells and get the new bushings installed asap so I can get this engine bay prepped and painted. Thanks for reading!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Engine bay is gutted out for the most part and started some undercoating fun with a new tarp. It's a lifesaver! It's getting to hot in FL already.
    164.jpg
    165.jpg
    166.jpg
  • Looks good! You are going whole hog on that!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    arries289 wrote: »
    Looks good! You are going whole hog on that!

Thanks man. I felt like if I've gone this far I might as well tidy up some other stuff.

Time to replace these crusty bushings!
    184.jpg