Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Vladi wrote: »
    Sucks that the basecoat split man!
    Will it be painted before Xmas?

No problem man! I havent been able to activly browse the forums lately (new job) so thats why I mssgd you last week, need to start prioritizing the CivicWagon forums before Facebook and gf time again lol!
    Haha Facebook slowly taking over. But nope :( I have winter break for the next 2 weeks and won't be able to finish it up since school is closed.

So this happened.
    286.jpg
    287.jpg
  • So excited for this! Awesome buy man!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man. I traded my truck for it. It survived the 1:00 drive pretty well. But yesterday night when I went to drive it, put it into first, it would just bog even if I floored it. So today checked spark plugs and ignition coil they were good. I had a feeling it was a fuel related problem so I checked one of the fuel filters at the tank. Sure enough it was filled with crap. Changed it out runs a lot better but still hesitates when you press on the gas 3/4 through. I'm going to change the other filter up next to the carburetor and fuel pump when I have monies.

Few pics of the 3rd gen.
    300.jpg
    301.jpg
    302.jpg
    303.jpg
    304.jpg
  • Nice man, looks like a solid wagon! Can't wait to see what your plans are for it.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Cool wagon!
  • Nice find and seriously clean!
  • Nice find man!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks guys. I had to jump on this. They don't pass by to often. I saw one of these about 2 years ago on Craigslist. Won't be doing much only the necessary changing plugs, plug wires, brakes, rotors, shocks, axles, oil change, and stuff to freshen it up since it's my daily. It's doing great so far.

As far as the 4th gen, I sanded all the primer off and going for another coat. Sucks a lot but whatcha gunna do. Won't be priming til after winter break.

New bumper!
    353.jpg
    354.jpg
  • tizontizon Band Wagon
    That linkage pin is a b**ch aka the b*tch pin. Find a bigass hammer and a punch to remove it. Hard part is that you are under the car with no room to swing hammer
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    tizon wrote: »
    That linkage pin is a b**ch aka the b*tch pin. Find a bigass hammer and a punch to remove it. Hard part is that you are under the car with no room to swing hammer
    I've heard about that pin. People really hate it. Lol.

Got wheel covers for the 3rd gen.
    342.jpg
    Also got a tranny for the wagon.
    343.jpg
    344.jpg
    I'm guessing pl3-9000 means it's a crx si tranny? Is there anything I should change before i mount it?
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    Finally made it to the end of your thread! Great work all around! Makes me want to get in the garage and work on my wagon! Sorry about the cracked paint :(

I usually pop a manual tranny open if it's not in the car, just to check out the synchros, feel the bearings for slop or gritty spin, and clean the crap off the magnet. If the synchros look ok, you should be able to get a bearings/seals rebuild kit for under $120 online. If the bearings look and feel good, then all you have to do is seal it back up! no gasket - honda factory uses a grey RTV silicone, I use red :)

Another cheap insurance policy at that point might be a throwout bearing - and take a good look at your clutch and flywheel if you don't want to replace them while it's all apart, get a good look anyway!

You've got the factory serice manual - it has a walk thru on how to rebuild the trannny! The first one is a little intimidating, yes. But it really isn't that hard, it's more procedure. Especially easy if you're only replacing bearings and seals...

Wish I had more posts - I can't share a link to my pics of my 89 2wd wagon's manual (cable) tranny while it was open! 374.jpg

Wow! it worked! ok so that's my 89 2wd cable tranny - the manuals all have the same "guts" for the most part, just different gear ratios.

The 89 tranny will have BIG aluminum shift forks - just like inside my wagon's new 92-95 VX tranny (yes, my tranny is powdercoated!):
    375.jpg

I'm going for the high mpg's with this tranny in my Skiddy! (I did the HASPORT conversion mount kit - not cheap, but great quality!)
    I'd be happy to offer any advice - but it looks like you'll figure it out from what I've read so far! Then again, I'm available either way!

Subscribed! Great build!

Thanks,
    Victor
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    After 3 weeks of no working in the shop and learning how to do estimates, finally finished and got to prime the shell. Quarter panels look a lot better so not all was lost when the primer cracked.
    438.jpg
    439.jpg
    440.jpg
    441.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I will be cutting in the jambs next week if all goes right. But I'm in a predicament. I've narrowed down my color selection to two colors. Please post your opinion on which color I should go with.

B37m?
    495.jpg
    Or cosmic grey mica from Toyota?
    496.jpg
  • Hmmmm, not sure if one under shop lights compared to something with a low sun is an accurate comparison of colors, but based on these photos right here I'd go B37m, but what does NZ-DB8R say about that?
  • I like B37M better.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Hmmmm, not sure if one under shop lights compared to something with a low sun is an accurate comparison of colors, but based on these photos right here I'd go B37m, but what does NZ-DB8R say about that?
    I tried to choose pictures in which I thought the color thrived. Anyways, your absolutely correct. The sunlight does make a difference. But, there is not many good pics of the cosmic grey due to it being a newer color I believe. NZ-DB8R, if you have a problem with this picture being up, please take it down.
    91 RT4WD wrote: »
    I like B37M better.
    Me too. Such a hard decision. I don't wanna regret it.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    B37M For Sure!
  • SPW wrote: »
    NZ-DB8R, if you have a problem with this picture being up, please take it down.

Ha! I meant more so mooching the color style ;-) But I'm just kidding anyway. Yeah I searched around online for the other color and I did see a bit of variety in it, but none that strike my fancy as much as the B37M.

What about anything from some of the super old school line up say something off the N360 or N600

"Nice Blue" is pretty rad I think so is "Highland Blue"
    B-7M PB-55M
    dupont
    44970 43383

Sort of hard to find great pics on cars but pics of the chips themselves look good. Just something else to potentially add to the list.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Ha! I meant more so mooching the color style ;-) But I'm just kidding anyway. Yeah I searched around online for the other color and I did see a bit of variety in it, but none that strike my fancy as much as the B37M.

What about anything from some of the super old school line up say something off the N360 or N600

"Nice Blue" is pretty rad I think so is "Highland Blue"
    B-7M PB-55M
    dupont
    44970 43383

Sort of hard to find great pics on cars but pics of the chips themselves look good. Just something else to potentially add to the list.
    Haha. I totally took that wrong. Throwing more color into the mix makes the decision harder! :hopelessness: But I stuck with the B37M. I love this color!

Masked off and painted some of the jambs.
    131.jpg
    132.jpg133.jpg
    I did a total off 5 coats including clear. 2 dark blue ground coats, 2 b37m limco supreme coats, and 1 coat of zolatone clear. It looks great! I'm very happy with the results.
    134.jpg
    135.jpg
    136.jpg
    137.jpg
    138.jpg
    139.jpg
    140.jpg

My new to me Iwata:
    141.jpg
  • Looks great. I love that color.
  • Oh man that looks nice!
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    So much yes right here!
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Looking good Avi. Keep at it. Gonna be epic when it's all done.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Nice color man!
  • Another note, you should change the throwout bearing spring. I've changed a few clutches in the past and have found them broken where they slide into the throwout bearing. I always change them now whenever doing an engine swap, clutch replacement, or transmission swap. They are pretty cheap from Honda and a nice preventative measure.
  • looking great man, i also got my car recently resprayed in B37M and love it!
  • Looking good!
  • 16 pages of boner.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks for the love guys. Everybody at school loved the color as well. I'm glad I stuck with the b37m. I finished up the other door jambs and the black around the window was redone. 165.jpg
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Keep up the good work.. Cant wait to see it!