Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Wagon is primed. Some imperfections with the quarter panels but nothing horrible.

Kaven approves of the wagon. Lol.
    34.jpg
    Self etching primer on the bare metal before anything.
    35.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    1st coat of primer.
    36.jpg
    37.jpg
    2nd coat.
    38.jpg

39.jpg
    Cool time lapse my friend in the photo shot.
    [video]http://vid1306.photobucket.com/albums/s570/abigon_3512/IMG_2955_zpswj331eow.mp4[/video]
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Looking good man. Look forward to seeing it go back together. It's a good feeling putting it all back together.
  • im in class with this kid. glad to see a wagon been saved and watching it everyday. I secretly want to work on it but i got my hands full.
  • I approve this message.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Awaiting finished paint pics!
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Looking good! Can't wait to see the final result!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Charb wrote: »
    Looking good man. Look forward to seeing it go back together. It's a good feeling putting it all back together.
    Thanks man. I bet it is! Tired of seeing it all dismantled. :disturbed:
    ee4wagoon wrote: »
    im in class with this kid. glad to see a wagon been saved and watching it everyday. I secretly want to work on it but i got my hands full.
    Haha! Feel free to help when your done killing that Prelude.
    I approve this message.
    Yes sir!
    Awaiting finished paint pics!
    Those who ask shall receive. I promise I'll get some better pics taken once painted. No Samsung Note 2 camera or me shooting. The camera and I don't get along to well. Lol.
    GR33K wrote: »
    Looking good! Can't wait to see the final result!
    Thanks man! I'm eager as well.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Took care of some of the dings, dents and rust on the hatch. Due to the rust being in such an awkward spot, I ended up sand blasting the areas with rust to knock most of the rust off.
    91.jpg
    92.jpg
    93.jpg
    Then filled holes and pin holes with Duraglass.
    94.jpg
    95.jpg
    On the hatch jam there was rust also. Did the same procedure but after the sand blasting, we put some acid on the rusted areas to eat some of the rust we couldn't reach with the sand blaster.
    96.jpg
    After acid and sand blasting treatment.
    97.jpg
    98.jpg
    99.jpg
    Body work.
    100.jpg
    101.jpg
    Ready for primer.
    102.jpg
    103.jpg
    104.jpg
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    all this work is gonna pay off in the end. Keep at it!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Prennro wrote: »
    all this work is gonna pay off in the end. Keep at it!
    Sure will! Thanks man.
    Had to get a set of corners. One was lost in an accident a bit ago and one was lost in the tear down.
    125.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    After this body buiz, I want to eventually convert my wagon to manual. So I picked up a wagon pedal asembely and shifter. I'm going to clean them up and paint them soon. I had a tough time trying to figure out how to take the shift linkage out so I just left it there. Since the part number for then shift linkage starts with SH5, it's wagon specific? After I did some research I read it's a pain to take out the linkage because of a pin. What tools should take to release the pin? Also, I read that if will be needing the passenger mount bracket welded to frame, is that the only bracket I will be needing to remove? Sorry for all the questions. The junkyard is about 40 minutes away and I wouldn't like to make more trips then necessary.
    All I need left now is: tranny, clutch, flywheel with hardware, ECU (PM5), cluster, shift linkage, passenger side bracket (possibly the other ones), and clutch cable.
    144.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Ground control coil overs came in today.
    147.jpg
    148.jpg
    I've heard nothing but good things about GC coil overs and Koni yellow shocks. Gotta save up for the Koni's now.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    great choice!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote: »
    great choice!
    Good to know I dropped $300 on something good. Lol. How's your ground control set up keeping up?
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Love my ground control/koni yellow combo on my eg. 3 years layer and still holding up well! You cant go wrong for the $
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Prennro wrote: »
    Love my ground control/koni yellow combo on my eg. 3 years layer and still holding up well! You cant go wrong for the $
    Nice. Durability is what I'm after.

Clutch pedal was cracked in all sorts of places. Fixed that and reinforced the clutch pedal. Not pretty but oh well. It works.
    164.jpg165.jpg
    I don't know what wheels I'm going to get or how low I'm going to go but just incase, I trimmed metal off of the quarter panel and fender wheels wells. Did not roll them because I did not want to harm the bodywork that was done.

Rear
    166.jpg
    Front
    167.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Finished cleaning, priming and sealing the area where the deck lid hinges are.
    242.jpg
    Also seam sealed where I patched my holes in the quarter.
    243.jpg
    244.jpg
    245.jpg
    246.jpg

Cleaned up and painted my rust exhaust manifold cover. Little bit to glossy but no biggy.
    247.jpg
    248.jpg
    249.jpg
  • This is some hardcore Motherfawkin work going on here....NICE JOB!!!
  • Really nice!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    bigdzysays wrote: »
    Really nice!
    This is some hardcore Motherfawkin work going on here....NICE JOB!!!
    Thanks for the kind words. This week was kind of a slow one. Not to much going on. I've finished up sanding all 4 doors using 400 with a paint stick and some soft blocking in the tough to get to areas. Quarters are going to have to be primed again. Going to do some further bodywork and 220 it. No progress next week thanksgiving break.
    343.jpg
    344.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Looking good man!

Doing an awesome job!
  • It's better to rework the panels now, than get it painted and be upset because it's wavy, did you say what the final color will be?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    bigdzysays wrote: »
    It's better to rework the panels now, than get it painted and be upset because it's wavy, did you say what the final color will be?
    Ohh yea definitely. That waviness will kill me after all the work put into it. As far as color, I chose an OEM color just to be safe. Didn't want to end up choosing a color and not liking it. So I think I'm going with B37-M.
    Vladi wrote: »
    Looking good man!

Doing an awesome job!
    Thanks man. Also, thanks for the headlights that came in. I had to modify the rubber gasket in order for the pigtail to go through. Cleaned them up and they look great.

363.jpg
    364.jpg
  • Man how'd you get them that clean, they look new!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Grifty wrote: »
    Man how'd you get them that clean, they look new!
    A little degreaser and some water did the trick.

The hood needed some more work and gave it a second round of primer.
    97.jpg
    Right when you think your getting close to paint this happens..... :miserable:
    98.jpg
    3/4 of my doors, fenders, and quarters are like this. I really do not feel like sanding the whole car again. :/
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Well there was no other option other than strip and restart. Finished stripping and priming 2 doors. The cheap paint underneath May have caused the primer to split.
    125.jpg
    126.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    It's a nightmare. Hatch is cracking and hood. Only panels in good shape are passenger fender, roof, and metal around the doors. There is no clear evidence of what the culprit is. But I am using a different primer Limco 800K. No cracking so far. Well I'm basically priming and sanding the entire wagon again. Time to play catch up.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    This will help me put the wagon together.
    187.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Sucks that the basecoat split man!
    Will it be painted before Xmas?
    SPW wrote: »
    Ohh yea definitely. That waviness will kill me after all the work put into it. As far as color, I chose an OEM color just to be safe. Didn't want to end up choosing a color and not liking it. So I think I'm going with B37-M.

Thanks man. Also, thanks for the headlights that came in. I had to modify the rubber gasket in order for the pigtail to go through. Cleaned them up and they look great.

No problem man! I havent been able to activly browse the forums lately (new job) so thats why I mssgd you last week, need to start prioritizing the CivicWagon forums before Facebook and gf time again lol!