Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• DatWagonThoDatWagonTho Band Wagon
    Goals!!! Just went through this build and its amazing guy. You got Respek on your name!! Hahaha
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    SPW wrote: »
    If you could tell me what hot spots are I would gladly tell you. Here's a pic of the cluster:
    383.jpg

I need to do this my lord that looks soo good now
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Dude your build reminds so much of mine! I'm soo fucking jealous of that god damn color! makes me wish I went with a darker color like a originally was going to do.

Keep up the fucking work bro! you are motivating me to finish mine after this summer semester ends.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    monster d wrote: »
    Dude your build reminds so much of mine! I'm soo fucking jealous of that god damn color! makes me wish I went with a darker color like a originally was going to do.

Keep up the fucking work bro! you are motivating me to finish mine after this summer semester ends.

I love this color! I'm glad I stuck with it. It's never to late just sand all your hard work away. Lol. Thanks for the kind words bro. It means a lot. Your build is coming along splendidly. Now get er done!!!

Getting some wagon work done. Slowly but surely. Had my steering rack out and noticed the torn boot. Upon opening up the cylinder we noticed one of the seals had a hairline crack in it. Now I'm just waiting for the new seals to come in and replace the broken seal and other o rings.
    117.jpg
    I also got some of my suspension components powder coated. Energy suspension bushings are all pushed in and also purchased SPC upper ball joints. I dropped off the rear sub frame to be powder coated and just got the wheel bearing/hub and ball joints pressed out so I can get these knuckles powder coated. Hopefully I can get the wagon back on its wheels soon so I can get this engine bay painted.
    118.jpg

Thanks for reading!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Goals!!! Just went through this build and its amazing guy. You got Respek on your name!! Hahaha

Hahahaha thanks man!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Right when you start getting stuff done, rains just wants to come into my life. :|
    60.jpg
    61.jpg
    Anyways, it's time to get the wagon into the body shop again. Earlier in my thread I posted how my primer was splitting all over the car. Well I sanded all of it down and I thought it was all gone. I was wrong. It's come back for vengeance. Both my quarter panels are spider cracking and it's time for them to be redone. It hasn't appeared any where else thankfully, but just on my quarters. So the wagon should be on it's wheels this week and towed into the shop to get the engine bay sprayed and fix all of the blemishes.

Replaced quite a few things.
    OEM lower ball joints.
    SPC adjustable upper ball joints
    ES bushings.
    Koyo wheel bearings.
    Ebay Hubs.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Well I was initially wanted to stick a b series into the wagon but I figured I'll stick with the d15b2 for now for several reasons. It's cheaper, engine has low mileage, and didn't want to bite off more than I can chew. This is my first time attempting most of this so I didn't wanna go over board, fail, and give up.

So I'm on vacation from school so there's no better time to start tearing down some parts from the engine. I plan on changing timing belt, water pump, tensioner pulley, seals, and etc.

Engine was full a gunk. Is it regular to be this gunky? I know it's 26 year old engine but didn't expect it to be this bad.

86.jpg
    87.jpg
    88.jpg
    89.jpg
    Managed to clean up the motor a bit. (Yes I did seal up up the holes a lot more so that they could be water tight.)
    90.jpg
    I found so lowering springs in my parts bin and decided to throw them on for fun. I sold my Koni/GC setup and bought the muffler because I was going to go a different route but I think I will be buying a full coilover set soon after seeing the wagon lowered.
    91.jpg
    92.jpg
    93.jpg
    If you guys see anything done wrong please feel free to call me out.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    A little something I've been working on.
    41.jpg
    42.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Found an emblem looks 100% better.
    43.jpg
  • Excellent, this is the best look in my opinion. I personally like to file down the casting lines so those are entirely hidden when painted.

What brand wrinkle coat did you use on it? I love VHT Wrinkle Plus. Nice clean emblem there as well. Also is that the natural color on the cap for the fuel rail? I'm working on restoring some parts that have been UV/Heat degraded using my girlfriends hair developer. It's high concentration h2o2 gel. Cover, wrap in plastic and stick in the sun for a bit to let it bake. Bonds to the nasty bad fire retardant chemicals that cause things to yellow.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Excellent, this is the best look in my opinion. I personally like to file down the casting lines so those are entirely hidden when painted.

What brand wrinkle coat did you use on it? I love VHT Wrinkle Plus. Nice clean emblem there as well. Also is that the natural color on the cap for the fuel rail? I'm working on restoring some parts that have been UV/Heat degraded using my girlfriends hair developer. It's high concentration h2o2 gel. Cover, wrap in plastic and stick in the sun for a bit to let it bake. Bonds to the nasty bad fire retardant chemicals that cause things to yellow.

Yea I'm really digging it too. The manifold being all aluminum finish was kinda bland. Looks a lot better this way. Now that you pointed that out, it's something I should've done but whatevs to late for that.

The actual manifold was powder coated. It was just easier this way and it's going to be a lot more durable in the long run. I've used the VHT wrinkle paint on my valve cover it's pretty good stuff. I also did use VHT aluminum high heat paint for all the parts painted aluminum color. I like it too. Plays off that aluminum look really good. Yes it should be. I just cleaned it up and threw it back on. That sounds awesome! I should give that a try for some of my parts. Thanks for the tip!
  • Could you get me a close up on the wrinkle finish. I always look for variations. There's a certain wrinkle that my old typewriters have that is very very rounded and tight. If that makes sense. I'm always looking for a finish like that, but they are from the 30s-50s so it might be some cancer causing finish that you can't get anymore.

Either way great job. Honestly I like for almost any part I can find that I think a wrinkle finish would look good on, and do it it's fun watching this posting dry, at least to me....
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Here you go.
    50.jpg
    You talking about something like this?

Thanks! I agree. Wrinkle paint is pretty cool. It's nice to hide some imperfections on some parts too. Wrinkle paint everything!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    86.jpg
    New parts came in!
    Water Pump
    Timing Belt
    Timing Belt Tensioner
    Oil Pump Seal
    Crankshaft Seal
    Cam Seal
    Intake Manifold Gasket
    Exhaust Manifold Gasket
    Oil Pan Gasket
    Mishimoto Radiator
    Motor Mounts
    PM6 Distributor
    Axles
    ARP Flywheel bolts
    All I can remeber at the moment. Started to replace all the seals and what not.
    87.jpg
    Threw the radiator own to see how it would fit.
    88.jpg
    Found a 3G at the junkyard. It was very clean. It was scrapped only because it had no A/C. Can you believe that?
    89.jpg
    Anyways we pulled 3 of the doors. Started to work on them. Ready for some primer.
    90.jpg
    91.jpg
    92.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    man so many parts I want off that 3g!

o and your wagon is cool too or whatever........
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    awesome work. love the look of that radiator.is it a fit good? any recommendations?
  • Hopefully the radiator is straight, I bought their fan shroud and it had a half inch deflection across the face of it. It looked like a damn pringle, I was ticked.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote: »
    man so many parts I want off that 3g!

o and your wagon is cool too or whatever........

It's a shame it was even parted out to begin with. Ohhh well we got parts from it at least. Lolol yea don't mind the other wagon.
    Prennro wrote: »
    awesome work. love the look of that radiator.is it a fit good? any recommendations?

Thanks Paul! Yea it looks pretty awesome! Got a good deal on it also. It looks to fit just fine but until i got everything in place I won't know for sure. I'll keep you updated.
    Hopefully the radiator is straight, I bought their fan shroud and it had a half inch deflection across the face of it. It looked like a damn pringle, I was ticked.

You have me paranoid now. It looks to be straight. Hopefully they hooked you up with a new one. I plan on purchasing there fan shroud too.

Little updates. Painted and cleared the block last week.

56.jpg

Purchased new injectors as well.

57.jpg

and decided to get rid of the fit wheels.

58.jpg

Won't be spending to much time on my wagon for the next couple of weeks. Have the lil bro's wagon up at the plate.
    59.jpg
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    nice save on the 3g. It looks super clean.

and the hubcaps (they're hubcaps right, i don't think i've seen those before) actually look pretty good lol.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    mistahjoe wrote: »
    nice save on the 3g. It looks super clean.

and the hubcaps (they're hubcaps right, i don't think i've seen those before) actually look pretty good lol.

Thanks! Interior is pretty good but the body was not as fortunate. My brother and I took off the passenger side front and rear door moldings and under the moldings, the sheet metal had dozens of little holes. Looks like someone drilled into it and pulled on the sheet metal trying to fix some dents. It wasn't rusted out so it must of been done recently. But thank fully we found a wagon at the yard and got three of the doors which were in really awesome shape. So out with the old. Has some rust as well but nothing too bad. Yes they are hubcaps. There 15's off a eg sir. I think they look pretty good too!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Getting some stuff done slowly but surely. Motors almost ready to go in and prepping the engine bay for some paint action. Had to use paint stripper to get that spray bomb I did a while back. Don't want that to bite me in the butt later down the road.
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
  • Nice work I'm glad you decided to keep the car and finish it. You should get the exhaust manifold powder coated or paint it.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    kennyword1 wrote: »
    Nice work I'm glad you decided to keep the car and finish it. You should get the exhaust manifold powder coated or paint it.
    Thanks man. Yes there is a manifold cover that is being powder coated.

The bay is sprayed!
    52.jpg
    53.jpg
    Used an epoxy primer sealer so the paint has something to bite too and so it could fill some of the imperfections.. This can be used wet on wet. It has a 24 hour window that it can be sprayed within so sense it was pretty cold out I decided to spray base coat the next day so nothing funky would happen.
    54.jpg
    Base.
    55.jpg
    Clear
    56.jpg
    Home.
    57.jpg
    58.jpgBig thanks to my good buddy for allowing me to use his equipment and for giving me advice. You rock!
  • Very, very nice! I likey!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Very, very nice! I likey!
    Thanks Truckslammer! The color is a shot darker but I'll live.

No updates with the wagon. But I did purchase a CRX! I love it. It needs some love which it will get some.

48.jpg
    Vicki is her name.
    49.jpg
    50.jpg
  • kennyword1kennyword1 Band Wagon
    Any updates?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    It's been a while since I've last posted on the forum. As much as I loved my wagon and wanted to finish her up, I unfortunately had to let her go. Fast forward 2 years and jumped onto craigslist just to take a snoop around. Then I stumbled upon a 1991 2wd Auto civic wagon. I needed to have it! We went 2 hours out to check it out and I fell in love. Driving a wagon again just made me feel right at home. Especially since it was in pretty good shape. Just super messy. It was painted before but the body is in great shape with the some tiny dents here and there which makes it a perfect candidate for a new paint job. The plan is to get it back to its former glory mechanically and cosmetically and see what happens from there. Here are some pics. Thank you for looking.
    41673233824_4539d5de17_k.jpg
    41494309585_671f763c7e_k.jpg
    28523489398_b73be6d794_k.jpg
    28523488868_e657f610c0_k.jpg
    With the little bros 3rd gen.
    27526239687_f83a2c9329_k.jpg
    and next to my other C-Max wagon.
    28523438908_25ec8222a5_k.jpg
    It's super nice to have a reliable Daily Driver. It will make working on the wagon much easier without worrying about putting the wagon back together the next day so I can drive it around.
  • arries289arries289 Wagonist
    Man, I can't believe after all the time, effort, and money you put into that blue wagon, you sold it. Somebody got a nice wagon! Congrats on your new wagon, I think??
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    arries289 wrote: »
    Man, I can't believe after all the time, effort, and money you put into that blue wagon, you sold it. Somebody got a nice wagon! Congrats on your new wagon, I think??

I was pretty bummed about it too. I tried my best to keep it but sometimes you gotta do what's best. The wagon was in ok shape. The bodywork wasn't the straightest on the quarters and the cracks in the primer came back but other than that, it was pretty good. But thanks! The truth is I feel a lot better about this wagon than the original one. This one appears to never been in a bad accident at least the front end. It's intact! So far, it has been a lot more complete than the blue wagon. Plus having my own daily driver will help me not be so pressured to rush through the build like what happens with the blue one.

Started to remove the fenders. One to get some bodywork done to it the other just a little primer/block action.

Passenger fender beat up.
    41494309225_96b2b36465_k.jpg
    41542728715_c8d40ee612_k.jpg
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Do work son! Looking forward to this build.