Wryanns 370hp daily driven RT4wd

Comments

• driftin90 wrote:
    twice first pass was 12.42 and second was 11.53

yours is the blue RT4wd? with the painted visors?
  • driftin90 wrote:
    haha! just kidding. you know i'm too scared to break anything.

haha I was wondering..
  • driftin90 wrote:
    haha! just kidding. you know i'm too scared to break anything.
    i think you still should have dynoed it to see how much power your puttin down. maybe one of these days we can see what these wagons run. Rather than freeway dippin yeah..lol
  • rookshuttlerookshuttle Band Wagon
    Kickass build man... im in the process of a similar build and have been following yours for some direction. Wondering if you had any issues mounting that cx racing radiator at all? Did the traction bar setup free up some space for the radiator to sit lower?

The Mishimoto one i have is pretty tall and would require some cutting into the subframe. Would like to do this the correct way and it looks like its working real well for you...

Any NW help would be rad!
  • VIPwryannVIPwryann Wagonist
    Kickass build man... im in the process of a similar build and have been following yours for some direction. Wondering if you had any issues mounting that cx racing radiator at all? Did the traction bar setup free up some space for the radiator to sit lower?

The Mishimoto one i have is pretty tall and would require some cutting into the subframe. Would like to do this the correct way and it looks like its working real well for you...

Any NW help would be rad!

The CX radiator is good no issues. The fitment is tricky I built mounting tabs off the traction bar and also clearance'd the lower radiator support, I also changed the radiator to a triple row for added cooling late last summer, its a tighter fit but cooling is better.
  • Wow you have been going for 2 years strong! Congrats on the baby which is now a few months old I think. I have a 14 month old son he likes to help me work on my wagon in the garage. Amazing build I love d series motors I'm swapping in a single cam ZC next year is the plan. Keep it up. Great work.
  • SaXXXonSaXXXon New Wagonist
    Cars look great! good inspiration for a Norwegian on the other side of the world :) maybe i should start looking for a D16z6. when you say "built" what have you upgraded internally?
  • If anyone can get help get my thread title back to saying Wryann's NOT Wryann
  • dfgesusdfgesus Band Wagon
    I'm so glad that this Wagon is on here, I see it quite often parked at VIP since I'm always going to Madison High school to ride Glenhaven on my bike! Super super clean and awesome build man
  • dfgesus wrote: »
    I'm so glad that this Wagon is on here, I see it quite often parked at VIP since I'm always going to Madison High school to ride Glenhaven on my bike! Super super clean and awesome build man

Thanks man!! if your into bikes there's an indoor bike park that opened up two blocks up from the shop, here's the info: http://bikeportland.org/2011/04/25/the-lumberyard-will-be-portlands-first-indoor-mtb-park-52003

speaking of bikes I've always been into BMX, well I took up down hill mountain bikes this year!! I don't have a top bike rack but my bike fits into the back of the wagon no problem with the rear seats folded down, As for the wagon she's still running strong, once it gets slower around the shop I have a larger intercooler going on for some 400+whp testing!! yay!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Glad to see you're still around, Wryann. I thought maybe you sold out since we haven't seen you about.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    bam-bam wrote: »
    Glad to see you're still around, Wryann. I thought maybe you sold out since we haven't seen you about.

like you can ever get civic wagon out of your blood. a few managed to leave but they always come back.
  • Was thinking of selling the wagon but could not seem to find a buyer that knew the value of the car so I keeping it, also when you have a bunch of other cars and "projects" like me you tend to evaluate your overall goals time to time. The dissension was made that having a car thats can carry a lot inside>key word WAGON and also having 4wd, good handling, tons of power made sense to hold on to the car. I have some interesting changes coming to the wagon this winter so keep an eye on my build thread.
    any teasers or hints?
  • Any updates on this one? :)
  • Hakosuka wrote: »
    Any updates on this one? :)

Nothing that new yet, maybe one the shop slows down the very end of the year I will have some time to make all that extra power I've been talking about this last year. However I did make it to a RedDoor Meet this past Sunday!! alot of people are meeting there on Sundays.. Here's a pic there were two other wagons that show'd

562.jpg
  • Sorry I didn't get a better shot with your car man. Glad to meet you out there!
  • Swap'd-D wrote: »
    Sorry I didn't get a better shot with your car man. Glad to meet you out there!

its cool! the lights not very good for taking pictures!! Im guessing you own the wagon in the middle??
  • Added a new sticker to the window the other day, a Gold VIP Performance!!

611.jpg
  • VIPwryann wrote: »
    its cool! the lights not very good for taking pictures!! Im guessing you own the wagon in the middle??

Yeah bad lighting for sure! Yeas that's my Wagovan. I see you still have your upside down sticker too, haha.
    Yeah bad lighting for sure! Yeas that's my Wagovan. I see you still have your upside down sticker too, haha.

Are you going again this next weekend??
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    where is RedDoor at?
  • Yeah! Gonna be out this Sunday and hopefully bring a few friends with me with their cars too! Trying to get another Wagon out as well. RedDoor meet is at 111 Belmont in Portland driftin90.
    Yeah! Gonna be out this Sunday and hopefully bring a few friends with me with their cars too! Trying to get another Wagon out as well. RedDoor meet is at 111 Belmont in Portland driftin90.

Did you go last night??
  • VIPwryann wrote: »
    Did you go last night??

Yes Sir. There's a thread for the meet now too. Posted up a few pics last night. Wish you would'a brought that lil 600 out!
  • Bad weather is not so much fun for driving that little N600!
    VIPwryann wrote: »
    Bad weather is not so much fun for driving that little N600!

by bad weather do you mean a slight breeze?

whats a comfortable cruising speed for one of these. can you actually do 60-70?
    I was so close to buying one before i got my rt. I kind of regret not doing it sometimes
  • Abide wrote: »
    by bad weather do you mean a slight breeze?

whats a comfortable cruising speed for one of these. can you actually do 60-70?
    I was so close to buying one before i got my rt. I kind of regret not doing it sometimes

The hard rain is hard to drive in, wipers suck,lights suck, its just not any fun! The car easily go's 60-70 on the freeway, the top speed in just over 80mph.
  • within the next month or two I will be installing this engine into my wagon, the boost will be a little lower making a conservative 500whp at around 26psi. cant wait for the tracks to open up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm1dPQQ37rY&list=UUlivk2kGxUXE-055j4it2_w&index=16
  • Dear lord!!! You planning to run awd with this setup? From what I've read the drive train is weak after 300 or so. If anyone can do it you can!! Keep it up