Wryanns 370hp daily driven RT4wd

Comments

• First off added my wagon to the mini gallery!! 8)

A few updates... Been real bizzy lately at work, wagons doing very well!! Still running strong and getting its daily driving love!!!
    I found that afters some playfull drag lunches my spec clutch likes to slip... :( No biggy because it was about 40% life left when I installed it. I ordered a new clutchmasters stage 4 six puck. I once ran this clutch in my SOHC civic and it worked very well up to 450whp then slipped, so I feel that this clutch will do the trick! Also the track is opening in a few weeks here in Portland OR. PIR runs late night drags from 7pm till 12pm!!!

On another note... the taller 5th gear thing!!! I have said I would investigate this and I have!! I have a spear tranny that was out of my blue wagon that was making some bearing noise. I all of my years of doing Honda trannys I will tell you this...the RT4wd 6sp is a horse of a different color!!!!! its like a D/B/H all mixed into one!!!!

after disassembling and inspecting it looks like a taller 5th is not possible using other stock Honda gears :( :( :( The reason why is the counter gear has unusual splines?? there very different than the normal D/B/H trannys. I think if you had one custom machined it could be done.
  • any videos of it running yet? haha
  • asnamasn wrote:
    any videos of it running yet? haha

Still getting video!!

Raised the wagon up a bit due to the continuing winter weather, and put the studded tires on too, also been taking time to go to MT hood for snowboarding

521.jpg

Also made a Catch/breather tank for crankcase breathing.

522.jpg

523.jpg

on another note, graveled road and the painted intercooler are not working out, I think Jakers Idea of anodizing is the way to go?? scary part is I still have no air filter just a screen

524.jpg
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    mine looked like that too and i too had no filter..... thats a nice spot for the breather i just put mine on last night in that same spot. whats your address and vip? If its cost effective i may just bring the wagon there when its time for boost.
  • turbo_teg wrote:
    mine looked like that too and i too had no filter..... thats a nice spot for the breather i just put mine on last night in that same spot. whats your address and vip? If its cost effective i may just bring the wagon there when its time for boost.

The address to the shop is

VIP Performance
    8216 NE Sacramento ST
    Portland, OR 97220

I would love to do the work! I'm a true wagon lover with the skills to build/tune them too!!
    oh shit i guess i could have looked at your location..... haha. thats about 3 hours away from me not bad at all.
  • The last few months my driver side window has not been functional to say the least, but I bet its saved me $$$ by not going to my favorite drive up coffee shack as often, kinda hard to open your door and get the coffee!! So A good customer ( Tod ) I know he's joint on HondaCivicWagon.com but I dont know his screen name yet!! anyway Tod came across a 91 parts wagon and asked if I needed anything?? YES!! a window regular!! so he pulled one for me ( thanks! ). Today I had time to install the regular and now the widow problems fixed. I had one other problem I have been needing to take car of too thats the driver side door stop mount, so as some of you know a very normal problem with old EF's so I did a few small tack weld on that today.

Now the next thing is my driver side seat, its basically trashed I have had a brown pillow case over it for the last few mouths and its just getting worse and worse. The other problem is my little weiner dog ( oscer is his name ) likes to dig into the seat and make it worse!! so if anybody has a brown driver or passenger side seat LET ME KNOW! I have posted the color code to verify.

771.jpg

made a new moisture cover mine was missing, I believe this will help with fogging windows, I just used hot glue to hold the plastic on
    772.jpg

you can see how I tacked on the inside and sides, if this will not hold I put a plate with a hold for the bracket and just weld it up. mites not damaged too bad s I'll try the tack method first.
    773.jpg

OK here's my seat, and remember if you have one around ( driver or passenger ) same color PM me!
    774.jpg

here's the color code

775.jpg
  • So finally got a chance to bring the wagon to the track Friday night, the little lady was dieing to give it a try!! So I sat in the bleachers and she made a few passes, the first one there was no two step used just drove it off the line, It did a 13.1!! second pass used two step and pulled off a 12.4 @110mph. I think if we had a cam the MPH would be a little higher. I'm sure a few more trips to the track and we will get high 11's no problem. It sure was fun watching peoples expression when a girl driver in a 88 civic wagon was kill'in it!!

Here's the time slip, as for the video I'm still working on that.
    556.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    :arrow: tell the little lady this is awesome .....
  • JakerJaker familEE
    1.88 60fts! Street tires, right? I guess there's something to be said for the Honda RT4WD system.
  • YES YES YES!!!
    What rpm did she launch it at?
  • YES YES YES!!!
    What rpm did she launch it at?

6000 rpm with like 25 degrees of timing pull and 5000 ms of fuel added it makes 15psi on the anti lag. We have used it a few times on the street its pretty crazy.
  • AWESOME! boost by gear with a 6262 should hold up then!
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    jeez man launching @ 6k on antilag.... on street tires?! haha awesome.

i dont even use antilag when im launching on slicks.

i demand vids next time :)
  • danz wrote:
    jeez man launching @ 6k on antilag.... on street tires?! haha awesome.

i dont even use antilag when im launching on slicks.

i demand vids next time :)

I have the vids just trying to edit them, I build cars not make videos so there's a learning curve.
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    hahaha. i will give you no concessions.

i usually fumble around in Windows Movie Maker, but beware it crashes often... save often.
    well i no longer have the 1/4 mile record in a boosted rt
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    turbo_teg wrote:
    well i no longer have the 1/4 mile record in a boosted rt

get that shit back.
    plan is to have ryan tune my set-up he will prolly sabotage me to just be a few tenths behind him. I dont plan on running a cage so i can only get so car with it anyways. is it 11.50 or 12.50 when u need a cage?
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    you can still get one good run in before they kick you out hahahaha
  • turbo_teg wrote:
    plan is to have ryan tune my set-up he will prolly sabotage me to just be a few tenths behind him. I dont plan on running a cage so i can only get so car with it anyways. is it 11.50 or 12.50 when u need a cage?

Sabotage!! LOL I dont think so. I would love to see some for crazy fast RT4wds out there!! yes if you go faster than 11.5 or over 135mph you must have a cage But its also true you can get one run in if you don't, but don't expect the track officials to just be cool with that...
  • Not the best video ever due to lack of time, but I figured you guys would love it ether way!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Um-7TfwNk
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    VIPwryann wrote:
    But its also true you can get one run in if you don't, but don't expect the track officials to just be cool with that...

i can vouch for that. after hitting 10's in two different cars with two different setups my track officials told me not to come back without a cage.... i like to say i earned it.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    very nice driving Ms Lady..... :!:

wish my gold wagon moved like that .... :shock:
  • I should also point out I was surprised by the trap speed, but I think that bigger cams going to improve that, the plan now is to get that extra 40whp and crack 400whp then go back for another try. The power and TQ curve just falls off to quickly in the higher RPM. I would have expected to see 120mph+ speeds
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    VIPwryann wrote:
    I should also point out I was surprised by the trap speed, but I think that bigger cams going to improve that, the plan now is to get that extra 40whp and crack 400whp then go back for another try. The power and TQ curve just falls off to quickly in the higher RPM. I would have expected to see 120mph+ speeds

yeah i agree with you there. i was thinking the same thing. but then i factor in the really REALLY small power band, and a driver that might not have the seat time to make it work (practice makes perfect) so the lower trap makes sense.

plus its a heavy car...

edit; forgot to mention... "sick vid!!"
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    danz wrote:
    plus its a heavy car...

My 88 RT title said 2355lbs. That's really not heavy. Especially for a 4wd car.

Regardless, congratulations on the slip... now lets see it mash in some snow lol
  • I came

It makes my want to quit school, sell my truck, and get more ot so I can finish mine within the next couple of years :(
    It takes a lot to make me jealous, but you've done it.
    Congrats!
  • boosted712boosted712 Band Wagon
    nice ride man looks hella sexi
    Vid was awsome ryan cant wait to send mine down to get finished up. what clutch u running? and do u like it?