Wryanns 370hp daily driven RT4wd

Well it all started a few years ago when I realized that Honda made a 4wd civic wagon, I pondered the idea that you could make a fast low sweet looking car out of one of these rare sleepers. Then I had a customer come into my shop, his name is Harry ( draginwagon on here, I think??) Harry installed a turbo setup on is wagon and came to me for Dyno tuning. I was impressed with the car and how well took off! Harry also had me tune anther wagon that make just under 300whp ( 2wheel drive mode ) the engine was a D16z6 on E85. So anyway I was looking for a wagon! Watching craigslist waiting for a good one to pop up, and I did find one but the owner said he was waiting for a friend to look at the car, if we passed it up then I had dibs on the wagon from there. Well little did I know that Harry was his friend!! haha anyway Harry got the wagon, then made the decision it was a little too much work to make it one of his own, so we offered the wagon to me…..the rest is history!!

So a little about my civic Wagon. It’s a 91 RT4wd clean title. I have several problems that are needing to be addressed. The first on is the engine was not running, So I figured out a few small wiring problems and got her up and the running hours after buying the car, then came a few bad surprises!! The head gasket was very badly blown! The tranny grinded going into seconded gear and also had very bad bearing noise in 4,5,6gears. The header core was leaking into the car!!

So now I will overview the plan for this wagon!!

-Wagon must go at least 11.99 or faster in the 1/4 with street tires, no exceptions!!

-Built D16z6 engine

-GT3076r turbo

-good used tranny ( lower miles )

-6puck spec clutch and lightweight flywheel

-custom build down pipe, charge piping, dump tube, 2.5in exhaust and a mild to mellow sounding exhaust.

-HP output is going to be about 370whp in FWD on the dyno and 340-350whp 4wd ( estimated ) :D

-Replace the bad heater core ( gets cold in the NW and I need a heater!! )

-I’m going to come up with some way of getting that dam clunking noise to go away under hard acceleration, I sure a few of you guys must know what I'm talking about??

-Paint work?? We will see how it go’s??

-roll bar?? Again I’m going to see how it go’s!!

215.jpg

243.jpg

244.jpg

Old engine, D16z6 very badly blown head gasket

245.jpg

The headliner is F-ing sweet!

246.jpg

The good used tranny I scored

247.jpg

Comments

• simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Nice ideas & nice wagon. Good luck with the build!
  • Good luck with the build! can't wait to see this beast finished haha.
  • thanks!!

We are going to keep this thing moving along as fast as possible! I pretty much have all the parts!!

here's a pic of a few things going on that I pretty much had sitting around

I already got started on the heater core!

248.jpg

the Built D16z6 engine!! it came out of my project SOHC coupe, at one point this engine made 530whp on the GT30 Im using on this build and 570whp on a 6765 billet wheel!!! this engine is a trooper!! I put over 17,000mile on her with 400+whp!!!
    249.jpg

A shot of the under side

250.jpg

Of course we need the sticker!! got to have that!!

251.jpg

A quick pic of the wagon in the day light, as I said not perfect but it gives it a bit of character
    252.jpg

Pulled the engine the other day!!
    253.jpg
  • Haha I was told the old owner was on here, but I didn't realize he got ROTM in June!!!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9371[url][/url]
  • :oops: Good thing u do not have a red one :oops:
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    man u have dam near the same goals and plans as me your killing me! haha
  • Sweet!!! more modified wagons in the NW!!!
  • So you're the guy who bought my friends wagon. Nice to see you on the forums. So do you work at VIP or just getting worked on their?
  • PopoCh3n wrote:
    So you're the guy who bought my friends wagon. Nice to see you on the forums. So do you work at VIP or just getting worked on their?

even better.. he owns it.. :D
  • Very nice! Can't wait for the updates
  • JackVJackV Wagonist
    so is the trans and rear end going to hold up to that power?
  • JackV wrote:
    so is the trans and rear end going to hold up to that power?

I'm hoping that smooth driving and a setting in the "tune" that's like a ignition timing deccy, this will help slow the power from coming back on so harshly between shifts...but the other thing I may try is heat treating the gear sets, and I know for a fact that works pretty well!!
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    good stuff.
    impressive sohc.
  • Sweet ride, keep up the good work
  • Just got another wagon!! I will post up pic's very soon!! The Blue wagon is still in the works, heater core is getting replaced in the next few weeks
  • keep it up: subscribed
  • Just a quick update on the car!!! in progress of replacing the heater core...I also got some pic's of the second wagon!!

250.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg

253.jpg

254.jpg

255.jpg
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    that's awesome! need to stop by and check them out. while you have the dash out, check out your pedal assembly. might be easier to do it now then later.
  • That headliner is absolutely AMAZING! I need that, but in brown. It will go great with my cassette tape box. And that brown wago makes me feel a lot better about my brown wago. Most wagons here are blue or white.
  • I love them both! The brown is my color of choice.
  • So took my 1986 Toyota Corolla out to a drift event last Friday!! the event was held at a Go-Cart track, here' a short video a friend put together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIk0qH6DlhE
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    ur 86 looks clean...
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    VIPwryann wrote:
    So took my 1986 Toyota Corolla out to a drift event last Friday!! the event was held at a Go-Cart track, here' a short video a friend put together...

AWESOME DRIVING... :shock:
    :idea: question is whats in store for the wagon..???
  • 3rd4ce wrote:
    VIPwryann wrote:
    So took my 1986 Toyota Corolla out to a drift event last Friday!! the event was held at a Go-Cart track, here' a short video a friend put together...

AWESOME DRIVING... :shock:
    :idea: question is whats in store for the wagon..???

Thanks! I'm going to install the turbo D16z6 that was in my SOHC coupe, not with a E85 tune but with a more conservative 92oct 17-18psi tune, should make around 350-375 with the GT3071r turbo, the engine has made this in the past on 92 OCT so should be no problem. I in going to "DYI" my turbo manifold with Vibrant Performance mandrel bends, collector and flange! should be fun because Ive never built my own turbo manifold. I will post pic's of this shortly, Here's a video of my SOHC coupe with that engine and 350whp, I was able to run high 11's first time out with the car and that HP, this engine did make 530whp and ran 10.71/4 and one point!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUdc0ALTUmc
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Geez, whats up with the old vtec motor?
  • Both wagons look sick. I love that brown one, though
  • Sparkles wrote:
    Both wagons look sick. I love that brown one, though

correction its not brown its gold!! :D My girlfriend and I like the gold one much better and will be installing the built z6 into it rather than the blue one, the blue one will be up for sale at some point with the stock D16a6 engine
  • Ok so started to build the custom VIP Performance turbo manifold, this is the first one that I have personally constructed, I should be finished up with it in a day or two. I think this weekend I'm going to start installing the built Z6 Cant wait!! :D :D :D :D

250.jpg

251.jpg

252.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    :shock:
    Looks awesome....
    cant wait to see finished product & hear of your test runs..
    :mrgreen:

possible any will be for sale.. :?:
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    That manifold is sick! Our gold wagon's could be twins.