Wryanns 370hp daily driven RT4wd

Comments

• Charb1618 wrote:
    danz wrote:
    plus its a heavy car...

My 88 RT title said 2355lbs. That's really not heavy. Especially for a 4wd car.

Regardless, congratulations on the slip... now lets see it mash in some snow lol

Thanks! funny thing is all the times I did smash in the snow I have no videos :( I made 6 trips up to Mt Hood with it!
  • turbo_teg wrote:
    Vid was awsome ryan cant wait to send mine down to get finished up. what clutch u running? and do u like it?

I started with a worn out 6puck spec clutch, then just installed a Clutch master stage 4 six puck with sprung hub. Over all I'm very happy with the clutch, HOWEVER! about two days after installing the Clutch masters the peddle assembly broke and I was on the other side of town stuck in rush hour to add :x I removed the clutch peddle assembly, welded it, added bracing and installed in back into the car done and said it only took me 1.5hours!! My advise no matter what performance clutch you buy at least save yourself the pain and strengthen that peddle set up before hand.

Also to add the spec only had single fingers on the presser plate, the clutch masters has dubble fingers so its much stiffer.

And I cant wait either to see your wagon!! are you going to Honda Tech still??
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    VIPwryann wrote:
    And I cant wait either to see your wagon!! are you going to Honda Tech still??

Maybe..... my buddy always has a kick ass b-day party in the spring lots of carna asada and beers out in the sun for pretty much the first time of the spring. im trying to talk him into doing the HT meet saturday and doin his bday sunday but he wants atleast one day to recover from his party. or i may just show up for a few hours to the meet then come back to town for the party int he after noon.... well see.
  • chorne1787chorne1787 Band Wagon
    really super build love how clean you made the turbo setup with the VTC is there a way to do an awd dyno pull?
  • chorne1787 wrote:
    really super build love how clean you made the turbo setup with the VTC is there a way to do an awd dyno pull?

Thanks! I'm sure you could do a dyno pull on a AWD dyno, but my take on it is multiple pulls or trying to tune the vehicle would result in a damaged VTC ( viscous coupler ). I think this because the heat and load would most likely start to damage the seals or over heat the fluid and loose function, as I stated in the DYI rebuild thread these things fail when they run out of fluid. If anyone ever runs the RT4wd on 4wd dyno with over 350whp let use know how it go's!
  • Did you use the rt4wd throwout bearing with the clutches or did the ones with the kit work?
  • Very nice car. I hope to see it in person one of these days.

And about the whole heavy car thing, you don't know heavy if you think a civic wagon is heavy. My 5th gen prelude started at 3100lbs.....once it is at it's final stage of being gutted the civic wagons will still probably be lighter. haha
  • DarinDarin Wagonist
    crazy stuff.looking forward to future vids.
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    wagovanguy wrote:
    Very nice car. I hope to see it in person one of these days.

And about the whole heavy car thing, you don't know heavy if you think a civic wagon is heavy. My 5th gen prelude started at 3100lbs.....once it is at it's final stage of being gutted the civic wagons will still probably be lighter. haha

well to me 2400lb w/o a driver is heavy.

my 1998 civic is 2000lb w/o driver. my old 1990 civic full interior was 2000lb w/o driver. project lowball is 1800lb w/o driver...

3100lb is a tank!! haha
  • VIPwryann wrote:
    Corner scaled the car, total weight was 2505. wagon seems to drive that much better now!!

486.jpg

Just figured I would refresh this post, my wagon is 2505 total weight.
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    either way im impressed you can get a 2500lb + driver car going that quick on street tires.

pretty awesome man.
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    i see you! (pics from user: 2fast4u on vancouvercivics.com)

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg
  • wow, and to think soooo many people had no faith in the rt4wd drive system. I have a sohc turbo kit laying around in the garage that I can't sell for the life of me. Maybe it just means i'm supposed to put it on my rt. VERY awesome car!
  • VIPwryannVIPwryann Wagonist
    Sweet pic's and they got one of my weenier dog too!!
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    VIPwryann wrote:
    :lol:
    man that is a lil weenier dog co-piloting isnt it ..... :mrgreen:
    3rd4ce wrote:
    VIPwryann wrote:
    :lol:
    man that is a lil weenier dog co-piloting isnt it ..... :mrgreen:

Ya he makes the trip pretty entertaining!!
  • 90shuttle90shuttle Senior Wagonist
    Veryyy inspiring build! Im still pondering which way I should go motor wise... I guess ill just save for now. Too bad im in so cal or id have you work on my car! Lol
    I figured I would share a quick writeup about my AE86 in the Portland examiner!!

http://www.examiner.com/tuner-car-in-portland/meet-the-builder-wryann-vanriper-1?CID=examiner_alerts_article
  • kylerwhokylerwho Wagonist
    any plans to try running the wagon in rwd and perhaps drifting it as well? :D
    pick up jakers driveline, diff, and axles and go nuts!
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    He's already got his F20 powered eight-six drifter...he doesn't need a wagon drifter! lift that biatch and go mudding!
    turbo_teg wrote:
    pick up jakers driveline, diff, and axles and go nuts!

I'm hoping to pick up the rear diff, if shipping is not crazy priced I would love to have that LSD for snow driving!!
    well i may sell my wagon if they fight me on the price it all ill keep my rear diff with my OBX LSD if u dont end up getting his. I sold my big ass truck today so unless someone offers me realy close to what im asking ill just keep my wagon it doesnt need to go anywhere.
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    i love this wagon.
  • BlistaBlista Band Wagon
    I just read the whole topic, you made an amazing job !
    Damn, your Wagon is fast. The numbers are impressive.
  • crazy_Ivancrazy_Ivan New Wagonist
    Just finished reading the thread.
    This is inspiring, especially how decently clean and balanced it came out.
  • VERY impressive HP/TQ out of the z6. lol, that poor wrx at the track that couldnt keep up : p . i cant imagine what goes through the minds of the muscle car owners on the street when they think they're gonna "Show your honda whats up" haha. Anyway, absolutely incredible build. I know z6's can be built for high hp, but i was leaning towards doing an LS swap, but after seeing your good work, i might just keep my z6 to build.

:mrgreen:

oh p.s.-I thought i read on HCW somewhere that the z6 wont work with the RT transmission....? Was there modding needed, or does it all fit well?
  • VERY impressive HP/TQ out of the z6. lol, that poor wrx at the track that couldnt keep up : p . i cant imagine what goes through the minds of the muscle car owners on the street when they think they're gonna "Show your honda whats up" haha. Anyway, absolutely incredible build. I know z6's can be built for high hp, but i was leaning towards doing an LS swap, but after seeing your good work, i might just keep my z6 to build.

:mrgreen:

oh p.s.-I thought i read on HCW somewhere that the z6 wont work with the RT transmission....? Was there modding needed, or does it all fit well?

Thanks! the D16z6 is really an under estimate engine. My 95 EX Coupe is powered by a D16z6 and makes 650whp!!

As far as the z6 working with RT transmission, it will!! And if you have a RT 4WD is the best engine!
  • Just finished reading this, so good. Holy irish baby jeebus!

What's funny is I watched the vid a few weeks back before reading this and was blown away
    Rad to see the work done to get it where its at.

You're going to woodburn the 25th right? I can't wait to see your wagon!!
  • btbammer wrote:
    Just finished reading this, so good. Holy irish baby jeebus!

What's funny is I watched the vid a few weeks back before reading this and was blown away
    Rad to see the work done to get it where its at.

You're going to woodburn the 25th right? I can't wait to see your wagon!!

yep planing on running at IFO Woodburn drag strip Sep. 25th. I mite just switch it to E85 and run much higher boost levels... we will just have to wait and see.