Highly modified 1987 RT AWD

Comments

• Haha that's a little baby snow! Come to Denver and play around over here! Lol
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    No thanks, lol as "baby" as it may be it was still entirely new to me the other night. A baby platypus is still a platypus on any level.
  • Very nice platypus analogy lol. What kind of wheels are on your rat sedan? Lookin good!
    HAHA Thank you. They are a set of custom order Bassett Racing Wheels. Like what would be found on a NASCAR racing car, only miniature.
    I actually distribute these, and have worked with Bassett to bring them to the streets. We have sold about 24 sets in the past month, (3 sets just yesterday). This is a fantastic alternative to the cheesy Chinese Diamond wheels (yes, Diamond are made in China) that are so strongly associated with the import car world's steel wheel "game". These are 100% made in the US, in Wisconsin.

Post #666, What! What!
    Finally!! I've never had the chance to shoot rollers of one of my own vehicles..
    It feels good to have captured the '87 RT on the move.
    359.jpg
    360.jpg

Post #704!! Rep my Set.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ive now started taking my pants off before entering this thread.... saves me a fortune on zipper repair....
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    Chaife wrote: »
    HAHA Thank you. They are a set of custom order Bassett Racing Wheels. Like what would be found on a NASCAR racing car, only miniature.
    I actually distribute these, and have worked with Bassett to bring them to the streets. We have sold about 24 sets in the past month, (3 sets just yesterday). This is a fantastic alternative to the cheesy Chinese Diamond wheels (yes, Diamond are made in China) that are so strongly associated with the import car world's steel wheel "game". These are 100% made in the US, in Wisconsin.

Post #666, What! What!

can a Brotha get some pricing? Jane needs this in her life...need wider wheels with a lower offset.
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    As usual, nice pics chaife. Especially love the rolling shot!

Billboard, you never fall short of your "descriptive language" and for, that ive contacted YKK directly for replacements!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    great pics!
    BillBoard wrote: »
    ive now started taking my pants off before entering this thread.... saves me a fortune on zipper repair....

HAHAH :p Shits funny.
    503Wagon wrote: »
    can a Brotha get some pricing? Jane needs this in her life...need wider wheels with a lower offset.

Yeah man. $380 (ballpark) to your door. Custom offset, 4x100, 15x8, Black powder coat. Made in the US.
    Feel free to peep the website. Hope the link to the Bassett steel wheel selection works. Cheers! :encouragement:
    http://www.circletrackimports.com/Bassett

Thanks boys!
    My wheels were lookin' a bit shabby... So this happen just in time for IA.
    621.jpg
    622.jpg
    Thanks to TheGreatBacon for hookin' me up with this dash clock, plug thing.. Mine had 20 year adhesive on it, This is on the blue '85
    196.jpg
    197.jpg
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    I want a clock for mine!!! I've got the plug but I really want to get a clock in there.
    503Wagon wrote: »
    I want a clock for mine!!! I've got the plug but I really want to get a clock in there.

They are dope. I rock one in the '87 RT.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    siiick pew pew pew
    Mmmmm lunch. She loves spark plugs.. Time to tune the carb again for the warmer weather.
    748.jpg
    New spark plugs and fresh tune on the carb for Fall. Even Comes with new pictures.

641.jpg
    642.jpg
  • So fresh and so clean!
    I haven't torn it down to confirm.. But I'm 90% sure she bent a valve or 2.
  • NobiZeroNobiZero New Wagonist
    I was gonna say, those plugs look like you've got some oil consumption issues. Could be valve seals or piston rings. Good luck man, keep that awesome 3rd gen going!
  • FrankzFrankz Band Wagon
    Just went through the entire thread, breath taking truly, wonderful work my brother.:encouragement:
    Thanks brother.! The little blue 3rd Gen turned 190,000 yesterday.
    That means I've put nearly 8,000 miles on it in the last 5-6 years. I donno, I never keep track of all this stuff..

308.jpg
    309.jpg
  • sayurasemsayurasem New Wagonist
    Nice! More pics!
    I haven't had much free time to play lately. But the timing had jumped on the '87 RT wagon due to a little squirrel that was seeking refuge under the cam gear on the engine. I fired the motor not knowing I had a guest. After some clunking noises passed. The damage was done. He got wedged under the timing belt. A mess was made, both internally and externally. I've not had much time to update or tend to the car. Maybe with summer coming that changes.
  • Ewwwwwww! That sucks
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Damn that is brutal.

... pics?
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    sohawk wrote: »
    Damn that is brutal.

... pics?

+1 to this. I want to see it!

On the other hand I thought that white wagon would look like a refrigerator. BUT your wagon is super sexy, you sir have done a very very good job on it.

I hope the engine makes a swift comeback!
  • You dudes are sick. I do not want to see that, ever!
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    I want to make babies with this 3g
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Prob looked a little something like this:
    15.png