Lithuanian 1992 Shuttle named "Gargamel".

Comments

• TadasTadas Wagonist
    Long to come update!

So finally some action:

86.jpg

Honda going home!

87.jpg

88.jpg

And work has begun!

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

92.jpg

As you can see my friend and I started removing the old sound insulation and found a few bits of rust in the floor.

So we had to grind it off and found a bit of rust. So it was dealt with. Also there are a few little holes that need to be fixed.

Furthermore, we took off the nasty window tint, and threw on new wheels (15x8 ET0) with new 225/50-r15's. They stick out a bit but after adding coilovers I hope it will all sit flush.

Lastly, I finished assembling and refurbishing the heater.

New plans - tomorrow we will throw in the engine. Then sound deadening material will be added for the whole car and new wiring loom will be made for the engine.

Also, old alarm and nasty wires will be thrown out.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Awesome! Everything is coming along nicely.
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    That is some awesome fab work, nice car
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    You should paint front bumper grill in black, it would give more angry look ;)
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    snowbrd wrote: »
    I agree with this as well!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    snowbrd wrote: »

I also agree, I did ask the painter to do it but he was telling me it is too much work. However, I think I will do it myself with plasti-dip.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    So yesterday there was a welcoming party for my motor to go into honda.

106.jpg

107.jpg

Me!

108.jpg

109.jpg

Everyone helping out!

110.jpg

And finally the motor is in! Big thanks to everyone that was there to help, and just hang out to keep us company!

There are quite a few accessories, brackets and various parts to put in, but it is a good start!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    More work during the weekend on the shuttle. So many brackets, mounts, and random things that do not fit and have to be made custom. Oh well it is good practice and it has a different motor so it is expected.

146.jpg
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Looking amazing dude. Button her up and let's see some videos of that engine running.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    sohawk wrote: »
    Looking amazing dude. Button her up and let's see some videos of that engine running.

That is the big plan sohawk, this week the electrician should get all the wiring set up for P28 ecu to work, and all the wires should be set neatly from the two wiring looms into one.

So I have set the deadline for the engine to start to 26th of April.

Today I am finishing the routing of fuel, the spark is ready, the air intake is also ready, so nothing much is in the way of the start!
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    Yellow wouldnt have been my first color choice but shes clean! The aggressive fenders look real good. How low are you trying to go?
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    t9wagon wrote: »
    Yellow wouldnt have been my first color choice but shes clean! The aggressive fenders look real good. How low are you trying to go?

I will have BC racing coilovers, and my suspension will be set up for road racing by a person who knows what he is doing. But the car will be driven by me on the weekends in the city. So I do not really care how low it will be, I care that it would handle as good as it can, however I am sure car will be much lower.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    On the other hand, I had some more work done under the hood, got new fuel filter, oil filter, connected transmission lines, clutch, fuel lines. But much more little stuff like that awaits me.

However, the most difficult thing is waiting for the electrical guy to come and get all the wiring sorted out for the p28 and everything else to work on this wagon of mine. It should have been done on this week but hey stuff always gets postponed on project cars.

198.jpg

Also, I am waiting for my half-size radiator, new radiator hoses and 4-2-1 exhaust manifold to show up. Other then that I have to set up the catch can, get the vacuum and all other hoses under the hood sorted. Still I am hoping for engine start on the 26th!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    While waiting for the electrician I got a bit more work done with the help of friends throughout the week.

322.jpg

323.jpg
    324.jpg
    325.jpg
    326.jpg

Work done:
    - attached the driveshaft to the gearbox.
    - changed rear differential fluid.
    - Drained fuel tank.
    - Filled motor with fresh oil.
    - Removed old gearbox seal and replaced with new one.
    - Worked on various engine compartment components and hoses (painted them black, refurbished).
    - Test fitted my made up pipercross filter and air intake.
    - Removed an old dirty-dead antenna and installed a new black one (was more difficult than it seems).
    - Got all new fluids and battery.

There is still left some work to do in the engine bay, but it is slowly coming together.
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    NICE! looking good!
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    I will let the videos do the talking:

[video]

[video]

[video] (this one has flames!)

More things to come!
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    She's alive!!!
    Yess! ;)
    All Hondas loves to shoot flames, here's one of my early swaps..

https://vimeo.com/54766338
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    Nuts! Makes me want to take my header off and see some flames lol
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    So, today I worked on my wagon bay for more then 8 hours, tucking-hiding wires, redoing them, making them longer/shorter.

Also, I painted more things BLACK (mightycarmod joke), and the missing pieces are new radiator/hoses/4-2-1 header.

I wonder what you guys think of the look!

Oh, and maybe you can spot that I made a way for cold air to get up to my intake - I put a rubber hose in the place of the hole that was on the bottom to go down to the front of the bumper.

228.jpg

228.jpg

229.jpg

230.jpg

If you spot things that can be improved upon please let me know!
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    With the other tidying up you've been doing maybe some black fender washers?
    I wonder how will you check the power steer oil level? :D

You tucked the wires and left them in engine bay? I would go behind fenders (that's what I will actually do when it gets warmer outside)

ps. unfortunately I pass this years Honda meet in Poland :( still waiting for my new pistons..
    Maybe find a way to further isolate the intake, do a little divider there so it's getting nothing but the air coming up from the stock location.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Greenteagod - Both of those ideas are already in my mind! I am going to fabricate an aluminum piece that will box-out the intake. Also, changing all the bolts to new black ones will be a pleasure, since most of the bolts are tired.

Snowbrd - I could not see power steering fluid anyway, because the the reservoir was so old. I check it when it is open, I look at the level from outside and inside, it is hard to explain lol.

I thought about moving the wire loom to the inside of the cabin, and moving the headlight wires to the fenders, but for now I will keep it as is. The left side headlight wire will be hidden within new heatshield that Greenteagod suggested, and the right headlight wire is hard to spot anyway.

Thanks for the great suggestions!
    Nice, definitely take plenty of pics. I plan on some intercooler work in that area for my eventual turbo build so boxing off that area will be key for me as well. It'll be good to see what you've done.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Update!

Got some parts:

315.jpg

Lug nuts that fit the color of the wheels!

316.jpg

Catch can so that my clean intake manifold does NOT get dirty.

317.jpg

4-2-1 exhaust manifold. And yes the second part of it does not fully clear the gearbox. Oh well, some custom work is what I am used to with this wagon.

318.jpg

Bonus stage: one of my best friends opinion of my wagon.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    So, today I put on the hood, tightened the new long lug nuts and drove this frankenstein of a car to an exhaust shop.

Here is a picture:

352.jpg

I think it does really shine like a real spoon yellow shuttle!

I always thought of this project of mine as an "Type R" civic wagon, as a vision of what the factory would have made the wagon to be for street performance car.

Of course there are many more things that need to be done, but I think it is starting to look like a real unique vehicle.
  • Wow, looks really nice in the sun. I agree, it is a unique look too.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Oh goodness. Has anyone of you guys sticked the WHOLE floor with dynamat or other insulation material?

I have working the past 2 days, the whole time and I have finally finished doing the whole floor.

I mean all of it, under seats under the handbrake, shifter and so on.

It takes crazy amount of patience to get it right.

Here is the picture of day one of work. I did not get a new one today of it being complete but trust me, the whole floor including the trunk is done.

Even the brake/fuel lines are cut around and then insulated from above. It all looks so shiny!

I will post a new picture with the full insulation done one day.

There is still so much more to do!

15.jpg
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Wow, great work! love the fender arches...

Your best friend is pretty cute ;)