Progress report. Nao with Vtak.

Comments

• looks like you went crazy with the red spray paint
  • Darin wrote:
    sweet shit dude.looks good.would have liked to see solder joints instead of butt connectors tho.
    Ya. OK? (as in, what the f is the difference?)
  • JDMWago666 wrote:
    WOW! This wagon came out great!
    What's next on the to do list?
    Thanks man! Snail.
  • 88 wago wrote:
    looks like you went crazy with the red spray paint
    Orange car is orange. Red engine is red.
  • JamesJames Band Wagon
    Darin wrote:
    sweet shit dude.looks good.would have liked to see solder joints instead of butt connectors tho.

Longlivity. Butt connectors can erode or loosen up after time which causes EXTREME headaches. I do a lot of wiring when it comes to these Honda's. Solder makes a complete solid connection and you don't have to worry about it ever failing. Any ways LOVE THE BUILD!! Sucks that the mini me didn't quite work out but atleast you've got it running now. Love what you've done with the wrinkle paint too. Not to mooch but ill be grabing me some black when I finally get my build going just looks too clean not too.
  • Aww man! I thought I was going to be the first wagon guy to think of dual sunroofs! Lol.

Looks good though man, nice job on everything you've done.
  • Thank you!
  • Poly sway bar bushings and ends? Check. New (old) non-rattly steering rack with poly mounts? Check. New CV shaft? Check. Eye-balled wheel alignment? Check. Front end rattles all gone? Check!
  • I just read through the whole build. Holy smokes dood, you are a madman! Great job on all the work. The wagon looks amazing! ! The sunroofs are by far my favorite thing here. Your nuts.. lol. Pics of the headliner please? :D

But yeah, SUBSCRIBED. A+
  • This what happens when an ugly station wagon steals your heart. Headliner is still just painted black and not yet cleaned uop around the frame holes. Thanks for the compliment! :D
  • This what happens when an ugly station wagon steals your heart. Headliner is still just painted black and not yet cleaned uop around the frame holes. Thanks for the compliment! :D

And all the money in your wallet! I love everything you have done to this Wagon, keep up the great work!
  • I have a very friendly auto wrecking yard locally that rarely takes my money. :P
  • I have a very friendly auto wrecking yard locally that rarely takes my money. :P

Lucky. My Wagon is holding me at gunpoint daily. It should all be worth it soon though. Oh, good job on getting the front end rattles gone. I have yet to do that. Mine is making a clucking sound though...
  • I have a WICKED time trying to get the car to start in the mornings....since it got colder. I think it is just in Z6 denial.

The clunk/rattling in the front end was mostly from the steering rack, he rattle would be right on the tie rod inners where the rack goes into the housing.
  • Wired in my sweet ass rear fogs....hahaha

775.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ^better pix please, i cant tell what the fuck im looking at...

gratuitous use of the f word
  • 90shuttle90shuttle Senior Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote:
    ^better pix please, i cant tell what the fuck im looking at...

gratuitous use of the f word

Hahahahhahh oh man... i was kinking my neck trying figure out what i was looking for too...then to read this.
  • iPhone pics. Sorry. You don't know the upper hatch?

779.jpg

780.jpg
  • James wrote:
    Darin wrote:

Longlivity. Butt connectors can erode or loosen up after time which causes EXTREME headaches. I do a lot of wiring when it comes to these Honda's. Solder makes a complete solid connection and you don't have to worry about it ever failing. Any ways LOVE THE BUILD!! Sucks that the mini me didn't quite work out but atleast you've got it running now. Love what you've done with the wrinkle paint too. Not to mooch but ill be grabing me some black when I finally get my build going just looks too clean not too.

Everything is soldered nao.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Dude! How much fog are you expecting :!: :?: :lol:
  • They will act as reverse lights, back the fuck off lights and you are too fucking close lights.
  • They will act as reverse lights, back the fuck off lights and you are too fucking close lights.

If this was facebook i would like this post. Over and over and over and over.

I need some of those "YOURHEADLIGHTSARESHININGINMYEYESBACKOFFMYSHIT" lights
  • I have always wanted rear headlights. Nao, I have them.
  • awesome idea on the rear fogs... when i back up i normally can't see sh!t. i might have to steal that idea
  • 782.jpg

^ D16Z6 and 1995 master cylinder....many other things.

783.jpg

^ Switches for front and rear fogs.

784.jpg

^ Keyed ignition delete. Car starts better when only ECU is running....

785.jpg

^ Front fogs. Need to clean up the air horn shit in there.

786.jpg

^ Dar Wagon.

787.jpg

^ Rear fogs.

788.jpg

^ Suweet.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    jpoopoo wrote:
    awesome idea on the rear fogs... when i back up i normally can't see sh!t. i might have to steal that idea
    I have to admit the JDM "rear fog lights" I've seen with the red lens made me wonder how much use they were and especially since it seems like everybody only mounts one back there. I wouldn't mind some extra light behind the car when I'm reversing but all in all I'm probably better off without lights mounted in that location, lol.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    at first i was like those are gross..... :?

then i read this....
    They will act as back the fuck off lights and you are too fucking close lights.

and now im like fuck yeah!!!! :P
  • jpoopoo wrote:
    awesome idea on the rear fogs... when i back up i normally can't see sh!t. i might have to steal that idea
    I have to admit the JDM "rear fog lights" I've seen with the red lens made me wonder how much use they were and especially since it seems like everybody only mounts one back there. I wouldn't mind some extra light behind the car when I'm reversing but all in all I'm probably better off without lights mounted in that location, lol.
    I have rear fogs in my JDM BMW and decided that it meant people can see your ass better in the fog.
  • BillBoard wrote:
    at first i was like those are gross..... :?

then i read this....
    They will act as back the fuck off lights and you are too fucking close lights.

and now im like fuck yeah!!!! :P

I would be in your shoes, too.....but, they are awesome!