Progress report. Nao with Vtak.

Comments

• After lowering, I noticed the back was too low, so,(thanks jpciii) I got some hatchback struts for the rear and that fixed the sag...Also got an Integra lip for the front.

418.jpg

Also got some pretty sweet Integra seats that only took a little bit of modification to make fit......along with an Integra steering wheel. As pictured before, just better pics.

419.jpg

Then, replaced the missing rear wiper with one from a Ford Aspire. Haha.

420.jpg

Painted the headliner and pillars black....not sure what to do with the rest, though.

421.jpg

422.jpg
  • Is my 'ride' really this lame?
  • 522.jpg

Painted some suggested parts.
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    that wagon has come along way.

actually a really cool color.

nice and different.

I like the steel wheels.

keep up the good progress.
  • New headlights, baked and painted inside and out and then some new 15" steelies with brand new tire from the wreckers for $100.

736.jpg

737.jpg
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Wagon looks good. Love the way the headlights came out.
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    i like it, just get some side trim!!
  • Waiting for a donor car at the wrecking yard. You guys are pretty crazy about your trim!
  • Donor car was out and about at the wreckers today....the guy brought it out especially for me. Thanks!

Got: passenger side mirror, 1990 clear signals, better rear wiper motor, 'better' H center caps (going to try to fit them to the 15" steelies I now have), better shape rear bumper(internal, mine is falling off of the car, rust), new cowel......much more to come after I can go back on Sunday.
    871.jpg

Sexy front.

872.jpg

The donor.

873.jpg

....and the 5, because he gets jealous.

874.jpg
  • Many more parts today.
  • MUCH less rusty hatch and just took the hood, because.
  • My car's rank dirty poopy ass. Replacing the rotted bumper....with a less rotted one. Still rotted.

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

22.jpg

Hotrod shot to feel better about the shitty ass.... Replacing the hood hinges and cowel.

25.jpg
  • JakerJaker familEE
    You probably didn't even need tools to remove that rear bumper, did ya? I don't miss rusty ass Civics from east of the Rockies!! Lord knows I've owned my share (used to live in Ottawa).

Car looks great!
  • Nope. Just a screwdriver to remove the screws I put in through the spare tray, to hold it on.
  • 93.jpg

Lit.
  • Engine shopping, tomorrow. D15B2 is pushing coolant back into the overflow and continuously threatening overheat.
  • Ended up just doing the head gasket.
  • Couple additions. Picked up a couple of manual roof windows. Mmmmm....roof windows.

234.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg

241.jpg
  • lilROOKZlilROOKZ Wagonist
    im diggin the 2 sun roofs....
  • debrisdebris Wagonist
    I like the colour on the steelies.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Sweet Roof Windows!
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    where did you get the roof windows???
  • Junkyard. Thanks for the comments.
  • AndyAnarchiAndyAnarchi Band Wagon
    so one question to lower it did you just put crx/civic springs on the wagon struts?
    also how hard were the sun roofs to install, and did they seal ok, i wanna put the long vw moon roof on mine, its about 3/4 of my roof
  • CRX springs on wagon fronts and hatchback rears. Roof windows and easy and I don't know how well they are sealed, yet. I will find out next time rains and I can take it on the highway. Watertight has nothing to do with standing still.
  • Accidentally bought this. By accidentally, I mean that I did not do ANY research that would have told me that a D16A1 would not work in my car. FUCK. At least it was basically free.

352.jpg
  • Semi-refinished some wheels on the 'Civic' wheel lathe.

384.jpg
  • Hot/cold knob internals kicked out on me, so it's off to the wreckers again....as if I needed a reason. Wish me luck on finding a new engine....my luck was definitely no good on the D16A1 that I am now looking for an Integra for.....ass backwards, but it will work out. Haha.

'Nother pic, because I like to post pics and all y'all hate to comment! :P

485.jpg
  • Also, painted the new hatch from the donor...

Old hatch:

486.jpg

New hatch:

487.jpg