1991 sohc zc rt4wd wagon ee4

1234568»

Comments

• klumklum Senior Wagonist
    fro08 wrote: »
    Any updates
    Not much just working on saving money for a flywheel / clutch kit so I can justify pulling my motor and tranny for the oil pan gasket replacement. Also intend on replacing my steering rack and possibly my front subframe as well as that was the only think I didn't replace yet from my prior accident.
    still alive if anyone out there cares lol posting mostly on Reddit in /r/honda gets a lot of love nice to see other folks aside from wagon heads giving props!
    Took this pic and the driver side headlight ballast takes a shit on me so as far as plans and actual updates goes nothing has changed much
    I'm going to be throwing a 2.5" straight pipe to a Vibrant 2.5"

I'm wondering if any one has had experience with vband clamps???

i figured they were the same price as the flange kit i wanted but it sounds like a way doper way to run a flange easier to work with maybe.
    my question is do I need a 2.6" flange for a 2.5" pipe saying does it need to slide over the piping slightly because I bought a 2.5 and it seems like it might be a trickier weld might mess with my overall cost of the exhaust I'm just getting back into the possiblity to work on my car now that this shoulder injury i had has been lightening up pain wise.

Smog is up this year so imgoing to have the exhaust made slap on the new cat thats been on my other wagon and i will hopefully pass no problem and i can focus on a turbo build
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I run vbands. I purchased them in a set so it same with the pipe ends and the bands all ready you just weld in place. They work great.
    I also run the vibrant 2.5" rear muffler and it fits nicely and sounds great as well.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    Haydz wrote: »
    I run vbands. I purchased them in a set so it same with the pipe ends and the bands all ready you just weld in place. They work great.
    I also run the vibrant 2.5" rear muffler and it fits nicely and sounds great as well.

got a few on mine as well as a vibrant 2.5" oval. i like the sound and fitment. I may have bonked it in on a big rock however
    Haydz wrote: »
    dang in hindsight that sounds like a better route to have taken got any exhaust clips?
    Abide wrote: »
    got a few on mine as well as a vibrant 2.5" oval. i like the sound and fitment. I may have bonked it in on a big rock however
    i wonder how many people on here are running them now lol hopefully this will be a nice setup then sounds like you guys are content. Are you guys all just running straight pipe ?
    buncha bottle resonators on mine. stock routing.

not the best audio but you get the idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVfVi2lZPIQ&t=12s
    buncha bottle resonators on mine. stock routing.

not the best audio but you get the idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVfVi2lZPIQ&t=12s

nice thanks, hey the guy at the muffler shop said he wouldnt touch my vband flanges cuz he insisted they leak ? when these are used for high pressure turbo kits ? hes full of shit right? lol
    klum wrote: »
    nice thanks, hey the guy at the muffler shop said he wouldnt touch my vband flanges cuz he insisted they leak ? when these are used for high pressure turbo kits ? hes full of shit right? lol

kinda sounds like it, never had an issue with any of mine. the good ones have a little lip on one side that would make it nearly impossible. ive had plenty of issues with gaskets on the normal flanges blowing out though.

i mean to note that magnaflows are just as good as the vibrant stuff too. its a straight through perforated core and usually cheaper.
    kinda sounds like it, never had an issue with any of mine. the good ones have a little lip on one side that would make it nearly impossible. ive had plenty of issues with gaskets on the normal flanges blowing out though.

i mean to note that magnaflows are just as good as the vibrant stuff too. its a straight through perforated core and usually cheaper.

yeah that guy was just a bitch , 1.png?1 heres a garbage shot from my snapchat video, the guy did it for almosthalf the price and didnt bitch about it like the other shops did, and guess what? no exhaust leak. people are canned when it comes to respect for a customer im going to direct all my friends to this guy . small shop owner good honest work and prices. welds are fat but as far as im concerned its just going to last longer lol

mind you this is my clean title wagon i picked up off blueboy i cant remember the exact user name but i had the exhuast setup on this clean cat so hopefully it works out the civic thats due this year and ill just make sure whatever car im driving has a ca legal cat at the time
    where the sounds clips at?!

looks good!

looks good!

looks good!
    https://youtu.be/Y8in1GA_Fwk
    not the best sounding clip ill try to get a drive by
    not bad at all! quieter than i expected for just the muffler. Just the right amount of rasp for an old honda!
    not bad at all! quieter than i expected for just the muffler. Just the right amount of rasp for an old honda!

i agree its really quieter than the video seems to show because i swear in the cabin i don't hear anything but the motor the exhaust isnt that prevalent
    it does have a california cat on it though so once i find a less sketchy exhaust guy ill get one made or ill try the ebay route lol
    damn I wrote a whole bunch of stuff and it got deleted and i had to log back in.

heres a pic of my engine bay i cleaned it finally like a week ago

I'll be installing a bullbar soon doing the element version hopefully its as easy as people have said it was and i dont need to drill into the frame or nothing

oh yeah this is happening , slowly but surely it will happen lol.

scored this mainifold for like $60 off ebay
    t3

$50 off ebay

Going for just a cheap (hopefully reliable) ebay turbo build i've been seeing a lot of videos and figure why not I owe it to my self the motor seems healthy enough i figure 8psi won't hurt.
    heres some photos this ones fucked off its from snapchat
    kinda close to having to evacuate from all the fires going on but thankfully the winds stayed in our favor.

out scouting the fires had to snap a epic photo these were where me and my friends would have spirited drives best times of my life were up here, the entire area i was in was leveled from what i heard going to check it out later this weekend maybe

we're all good but a family member lost his house and almost his life.

heres a shot from tonight
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    I'll be installing a bullbar soon doing the element version hopefully its as easy as people have said it was and i dont need to drill into the frame or nothing

Glad your bullbar is coming along so well ;) btw I'm Jseaton32 on Instagram. Ready to see some more pics.
    Glad your bullbar is coming along so well ;) btw I'm Jseaton32 on Instagram. Ready to see some more pics.

yo whats up man heres one i took today i have to retake it because my corner light was crooked af lol
    yo whats up man heres one i took today i have to retake it because my corner light was crooked af lol

modz plz delete above image its got my address in it and i cant delete it for whatever reasons

I plan on going with a angle iron piece across the front which might double for a intercooler support although i plan on runing it in the oem airbox location

Ill get better pics i promise lol

so as i said i started building the turbo

I went the ebay route idk if i mentioned it but i am hoping i will see success from this ebay turbo lol

turbos going to be mid next year most likely as I'm planning on getting a shoulder surgery ( got hurt at work over a year ago and they are finally accepting the fact I need surgery )
    so if all goes as planned ill get my shoulder bone shaved down and be out of pain in 6-8 months

I will try to get friends to help but I don't like other ppl touching my car so who knows. any way. still alive still doing it!
    dfRzJjp.jpg
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    Looooks sick! Glad it worked out for you.
    Looooks sick! Glad it worked out for you.

thanks i'm going to put some angle iron in the back or just some flat iron 1/8" or so should do maybe weld it in place once i start my turbo build hopefully it beefs it up some.
    iptYCn4.jpg
    picked these up today anyone know how much they're worth? 16x7 so i think I might be better off without them lol
    jacnife f25's one of my wheel bucket list

gunna clean these up and paint the face white if i keep them
    just gunna do a quick scrub and poiish if i sell

https://youtu.be/TGHEhNNx0Tc

update !

Will try to be more present on forums