1991 sohc zc rt4wd wagon ee4

Comments

• VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Full polish would look sick on those

Im excited to see some all-white tails tho!
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    Vladi wrote: »
    Full polish would look sick on those

Im excited to see some all-white tails tho!
    I think so too I did a set of hxs that came out really nice hand polished thee I'm gunna have way more time with these so I'm expecting a really good finish .stay tuned
    IM GOING FOR THE CORNERS! starting tomorro!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    klum wrote: »
    IM GOING FOR THE CORNERS! starting tomorro!

You have no clue how excited I am.
    found a mini soldering torch and did a few test runs on spare lamp covers i feel fairly confident in being able to do this now
    So I embarked on the outer lens job and well...
    369.jpg
    Don't do drugs kids!
    ive had a lot going on around the house lately and I got sidetracked trying to do a million things at once with the lenses in the oven so now I have to freestyle a mold and I have nothing to go off of except the skeleton for a outline for the new lens I'm making...
    I'll have more detailed pics as they come just dropping a line on my favorite website on ze net
    370.jpg
    Decided to do a little more prep work , taped off the edges to make a more pronounced outline for a finish product( wish I did this on the other ones hopefully it doesn't look too much different in comparison in the end.
    sprayed a few coats of metallic spray you'll notice these pieces have the inner diffuser as well shown separated and installed . These pieces once taken out will need to be reset with silicone before the final lens is put on
  • We do this sorta stuff at work all the time. Let me talk to one of my buddies and see if I can form some clear taillight material for you, then you can just bond it to the housing, done-zo...

I think I have a spare tail light for the left side that's pretty fucked up, but the housing is solid, we'll see what I can come up with :)
    ran into this thread on hater tech , http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=3119241
    i was thinking about doing this but always thought as well as this guy it would cost too much
    i purchased a integra manual sunroof glass pane a while back with intent to install it on my first wagon but i never got around to it just thought it would be too much fabrication and i never found the proper OE parts - runner and frame ect.
    geezfools wrote: »
    We do this sorta stuff at work all the time. Let me talk to one of my buddies and see if I can form some clear taillight material for you, then you can just bond it to the housing, done-zo...

I think I have a spare tail light for the left side that's pretty fucked up, but the housing is solid, we'll see what I can come up with :)
    what do you guys do? make clear tail lights or fixtures or something? and yea that would be cool id appreciate it!
  • klum wrote: »
    what do you guys do? make clear tail lights or fixtures or something? and yea that would be cool id appreciate it!

we do custom plastic fabrication, so everything from boat windows for million dollar yachts to little pieces of acrylic for walk in customers. More or less, I have access to two lasers, 3 CNC machines, vacuum former, printing capabilities up to 4X8 or rolled material and a few guys who have been doing this for 30 years. If the vacuum former was a little more user friendly, I'd just make a mold of the housing, then "pull" the taillight material (whatever we pick at that point) over the form, flush trim and then rebond/apply to the original housing. And truly, it shouldn't be THAT difficult for you to do some DIY forming with a vacuum cleaner, just need to find a better material than what you've been using and spend some time figuring out the technical aspects of it. I've got a shit ton of projects going on at work, but maybe this spring I can spend a little time working on it. The cool thing is, the taillight material is easily bonded to other materials, meaning, you could do clear, original colors, tinted, white or anything translucent for that matter (blue, green, pink).

I'm kind of rambling, but if you wanted to get a little more into this, I could offer some advice. I'm stoked to see the lens comes off the housing that easily though. I'll be in touch once I get a little more free time at work and see if two minds working on this can come up with somethin' real nice :)
    we do custom plastic fabrication, so everything from boat windows for million dollar yachts to little pieces of acrylic for walk in customers. More or less, I have access to two lasers, 3 CNC machines, vacuum former, printing capabilities up to 4X8 or rolled material and a few guys who have been doing this for 30 years. If the vacuum former was a little more user friendly, I'd just make a mold of the housing, then "pull" the taillight material (whatever we pick at that point) over the form, flush trim and then rebond/apply to the original housing. And truly, it shouldn't be THAT difficult for you to do some DIY forming with a vacuum cleaner, just need to find a better material than what you've been using and spend some time figuring out the technical aspects of it. I've got a shit ton of projects going on at work, but maybe this spring I can spend a little time working on it. The cool thing is, the taillight material is easily bonded to other materials, meaning, you could do clear, original colors, tinted, white or anything translucent for that matter (blue, green, pink).

I'm kind of rambling, but if you wanted to get a little more into this, I could offer some advice. I'm stoked to see the lens comes off the housing that easily though. I'll be in touch once I get a little more free time at work and see if two minds working on this can come up with somethin' real nice :)
    that sounds like a pretty awesome line of work, and honestly if you have the means and ways to fabricate something im using plasonik or something like that acrylic cieliing diffuser so it might be similar type of material at least to what you are talking about. if you have spare time it would be awesome to see some of your ideas take shape with the tools you got at your disposal.
  • klum wrote: »
    that sounds like a pretty awesome line of work, and honestly if you have the means and ways to fabricate something im using plasonik or something like that acrylic cieliing diffuser so it might be similar type of material at least to what you are talking about. if you have spare time it would be awesome to see some of your ideas take shape with the tools you got at your disposal.

I''m totally impressed by what you've been able to do. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for sure and be in touch when time allows :)
    I''m totally impressed by what you've been able to do. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for sure and be in touch when time allows :)
    thanks i really appreciate it! this has been one of the hardest things ive done on my car so far no lie but now ive done it i can make it look easy haha
    heres a lil teaser pic ill whore the shit out of my thread when i have finished the pair , i just swooped a canon rebel t3i dslr im going to put it to some use forsure!
    420.jpg
    final product!
    440.jpg
    ill have a write up after the holidays most likely
    441.jpg
    442.jpg
    443.jpg
    feedback welcome
  • As I said before, it's not for me.. But maybe on silver or white car colour it would look nice! I personally like EDM oem tail lights.. By the way, nice work You have put there! Quality looks great!
    snowbrd wrote: »
    As I said before, it's not for me.. But maybe on silver or white car colour it would look nice! I personally like EDM oem tail lights.. By the way, nice work You have put there! Quality looks great!
    i still dont know how i feel as of now, just pissed i cracked my driver side lens i gotta make a new one this will be the 4th cut ive had to make its not easy or a very plesant process molding acrylic plastics
    i think i know what your saying about the clear tails only working on certain cars.
    im wondering if the housing was black it might look alright i need to source a few sets of tail lights for cheap haha.
    but yea thank you it has been the most nerve racking thing i have done in a while im mostly pissed at the fact i cant go back due to my arrogance with the oven mishap the other day. either way its been a pleasant learning expieriance i always like to see how far i can take my abilities
    i thinkk once i get a few good photoshoots youll be able to see how it accents the rest of the car and my overall theme im goin for cosmetically
    heres some poor quality pictures of them after i finished the drivers side replacement. now im begining to really be able to see the black outlines jump out that i decided to leave , and it doesnt really quite look right to me so either i take apart silicone sealed inners and spray the line black on those or just be lazy and spray the outlines ( i do have to spray one more coat of metalic paint any ways.)
    500.jpg
    501.jpg
  • Killer job bro!
    531.jpg

532.jpg

533.jpg

534.jpg

535.jpg

536.jpg

537.jpg

538.jpg

539.jpg

540.jpg

541.jpg
    lil shoot after i got home waiting on the matching led bulbs amber and red accents feedbck plz
  • awesome look
    thanks !^^
    550.jpg
    551.jpg
    552.jpg
    553.jpg
    554.jpg

555.jpg
    556.jpg
    557.jpg
    558.jpg
    559.jpg
    560.jpg
    561.jpg
    562.jpg
    563.jpg
    564.jpg
    565.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD62IkU6tXk&feature=youtu.be
    i dont really feel like doing a write up right now but this is the basic idea just heat wrap the plastic around the frames after you cut it a oblong shape for the inner lens its flat shaped the corners as shown are more of a v shape i can provide an actual size graph if anyone wants it but its not to hardnto do really
    478.jpg
    4 years ago my car was one color i had a 300e mercedes in the garage working two jobs
    479.jpg
    & going to college full time in the process my car was my only escape.
    480.jpg
    now a days i have just one car which i have spent over $10k keeping on the road , currently 3 different colors, no license , but am starting my own landscaping company and clothing line .
    481.jpg
    and i still have my civic wagon :)
    next up thanks to a little searching i think i devised a way to install these isuzu rear speaker pods in the ceiling of the wagon, still havent located my rear section of the drive shaft but im on a lead for a new one.
    i replaced my dash harness with one with rear speaker wires ( the old one must have got lost after a dash fire- dont install higher than recommended amperage fuses)
    people have tried to separate me and this car police mostly.
    but after all this time i still find comfort in knowing once everything is said and done i can hop in and go for a spirited drive through my favorite roads and something about that seems to separate my mind from the current predicaments i may be in but nothing can separate me from the love and effort i put into the relationship i have with my car.
    shout out to the true enthusiasts and visionaries that keep it real with them selves and say fuck that bandwagon wagon shit.
    Function > form and im not talking about that fufu suspension company.
    515.jpg
    516.jpg
    517.jpg
    few shots from yesterday , idk what was up with my camera i think its because i was using auto focus meh
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    looking good man! love the all clear corners!
  • Glad you and the wagon are still together! Nice pics in the woods, I dig it.
  • drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    I really like the way the wheels looked bronze.
    rice4life wrote: »
    i decided to vent my hood to help keep the car cool on track.
    i picked up a spare hood to do the vents. i'll put the stock hood back on for the winter if i don't get lazy but i really don't drive the car in the snow.

677.jpg

678.jpg

679.jpg

680.jpg

681.jpg

682.jpg

683.jpg

684.jpg

685.jpg

686.jpg

thinking about doing this i still have my wrecked white hood i think ill cut out covers to put over holes during rainy season or make something out of plastic like the tail light materials