1991 sohc zc rt4wd wagon ee4

Comments

• Nice work so far, looking forward to the follow up pics.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    thanks a lot! should have it done by tomro if the weather isnt causing issues with the paint a storm just rolled in
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    1.mp4
    2.mp4

its cold and damp so im trying to get the paint to cure quicker with the space heater
    looks like i need to re-hit the deep ding on the top of the hood with bondo again...
    i been using sponge sanding blocks but i think i need to use a hard block to make it perfectly flush it looked good until i put a coat of primer then you could see the depression from over sanding . the shaved emblem area looks perfect tho so thats good, the dent in the edge of the middle of the hood is as good as i think its gunna get for now im not sure. i think im gunna call it a day and try again in the morning hopefully i can get the new layer of bondo on for start
    11.jpg

tryin to spread the heat across the whole hood12.jpg
    13.jpg
    just gunna leave it alone i dont wanna damage the paint and make the whole day a waste here. thanks for peepin
    22.jpg
    23.jpglower vol.
    3.mp4
    24.jpg
    does anyone know if bondo will work on bumpers for small fixes?
  • It would have to be REALLY small as Bondo is not flexible and your bumper is for the most part.
    yeah i was thinking the same thing , my bunmper has a bunch of little dents and dings in it a lot of small stuff then theres some gashes from where a dummy in a expidetion left its mark a year ago or so.
  • Love the wagon, and that Nardi wheel is killing it lol. I however dont really care for the clear tails, but i do congradulate you on a great job on them. I was mainly interested in your front corners, as I'd love a set for mine. Also are those LED's in your corners? I eventually want to replace all stock bulbs with led replacements, but cant seem to figure out that bulb size for them corners?
  • Low_Lyfe wrote: »
    Love the wagon, and that Nardi wheel is killing it lol. I however dont really care for the clear tails, but i do congradulate you on a great job on them. I was mainly interested in your front corners, as I'd love a set for mine. Also are those LED's in your corners? I eventually want to replace all stock bulbs with led replacements, but cant seem to figure out that bulb size for them corners?

Bulbs usually have some sort of part number or markings on the glass, just take that and search for an LED replacement. Here is what I have used in the past, pretty sure this is the same size as the corner sockets. Sorry for the thread jack! http://www.ebay.com/itm/171011980682?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    i think i saw someone on here with a intake simliar to this and it got the hamster wheel spinning and i was able to get my mini keg intake setup! too bad i need gasoline and a fresh battery charge before i can hear what it sounds like! im going to make rev clips with stock and the mini keg
    385.jpg
    386.jpg
    i brushed the chrome paint off with my table wire wheel and grinder for the sharp edges in the cut to get rid of any loose metal so it wont end up in my motor!
    im gunna start painting my roof this weekend too i think if i can get up before 2pm ..

started sanding the old clear and feathering out any paint cracks or chips
    387.jpg
    3.gif
    388.jpg
    Bulbs usually have some sort of part number or markings on the glass, just take that and search for an LED replacement. Here is what I have used in the past, pretty sure this is the same size as the corner sockets. Sorry for the thread jack! http://www.ebay.com/itm/171011980682?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    no worries people helping people before other people can is what this place is supposed to be about ! haha
    i just never get much feed back in here i never check to see if there is until i go to post updates lol
    -Yea their LED bulbs if you get them sometimes they have to be installed a certain way like their polarized so you have to have the pos. on the correct side for them to work
    Low_Lyfe wrote: »
    Love the wagon, and that Nardi wheel is killing it lol. I however dont really care for the clear tails, but i do congradulate you on a great job on them. I was mainly interested in your front corners, as I'd love a set for mine. Also are those LED's in your corners? I eventually want to replace all stock bulbs with led replacements, but cant seem to figure out that bulb size for them corners?
    thanks for the feedback yea i love the nardi man! i never see gold nardis at car shows im like how ! WHY!?!!?? you got a baller ass car and you cheap out on the woodgrain!?> nahhhhh mannn !
    lol and idk if we spoke about it before but i can make the clear corners just will be with the cieling material either cracked ice or prism print might look cool! i should just do one with my old corner laying in the garage and that way people including my self can see what they would look like i guess.
    but the great bacon is correct the bulbs will be the same bulb number - where it gets confusing at is when you see interchangable numbers i forget which ones but a lot of them have diferent numbers for the same part so some searching around on ebay is your best bet usually like 9/10 when you put your car in the side tool bar thing so you can search by make and model you will be alright
    as for finding the exact part numbers for certain areas like dome light or corner lights id just google " honda-tech bulb size for "enter make and bulb location" "
    goodluck!
    i love the LED accents their stronger and last longer than oe bulbs and come in more colors! hah
    delete double post
    324.jpg5.jpg?1

I saw a guy put one of these in the back ashtray or something similar to it at least
    2.jpg?1
    323.jpg
    3.jpg?1
    4.jpg?1

going to wire it up tomorow i got the usb port and drilled a hole in about 5 minutes to get it perfectly tight it has a back nut that spins on the threads to tighten up
    i got some silicone to set the nut in place to prevent it from backing as a precaution
    it looks to have really simple wiring two prongs
    marked neg and pos
    it claims to be a 12v so im going to tap into a hot wire that is activated with the key in on position
    and the dash harness main ground is located right here stock as well so thats a quick wire.
    I hope theres a transformer in there somewhere because it does have two different amperages i assume there is a transformer in there :confused:
    ill try to charge a old phone first
    oh and just so you know i placed it here really quick with no planning i realize its not very passenger friendly but its close enough for me ;)

xpost from another thread about led instrument gauges
    heres mine! the pic is shitty but it comes out looking really purple and green
    22.jpg
    Ignore the motor pictures i have no idea how those keep getting swapped out for the ones im posting but heres a link to my write up for usb port
    http://imgur.com/a/9IGMi
    Update got my license back and got a exhaust installed to replace my thrashed 2.25 piping , the exhaust shop gave me a deal if i ran 2.5 so i went with that and figure thats a good thing since I want to run a small psi turbo down the road..
    119.jpg

120.jpg
    dude was pretty cool and hooked me up with a muffler and this tip for free as I was going to just run straight pipe !
    Idk how I feel about the tip on it I might raise it up more and get someone to weld all the way around , spray the piping black and tape off the tip and weld or something to give it a more clean look.

Edit: oh yeah , and I installed this tow hitch I had from my first wagon , which I took off the day I got it cause i thought it looked dumb.. makes more sense on a 4wd.

- Also , Found a rear section of a drive shaft the week I got my License back so that was pretty bad ass, I have been hesitant to install it since last time I had one installed I ripped my diff out and my lack of welding skills has me suspicious of the integrity of the welds I put in a few years ago!
    Update got my license back and got a exhaust installed to replace my thrashed 2.25 piping , the exhaust shop gave me a deal if i ran 2.5 so i went with that and figure thats a good thing since I want to run a small psi turbo down the road..
    119.jpg

120.jpg
    dude was pretty cool and hooked me up with a muffler and this tip for free as I was going to just run straight pipe !
    Idk how I feel about the tip on it I might raise it up more because you can see the pipe in the tip and get someone to weld all the way around , spray the piping from the muffler back to the chrome tip weld all around or something to give it a more cleaner look instead of the tac weld job the guy did. no complaints for the price ! 150$ . so dope.
    178.jpgOpinions?
    http://i.imgur.com/pAoCdwE.jpg6.jpg

got a window banner - im waiting to return.. heres a shot at one of my favorite tuck spots in the hillsides
  • chaoschaos New Wagonist
    Good looking wagon! I have some aeronautics as well
    chaos wrote: »
    Good looking wagon! I have some aeronautics as well

post some pics so far my car is the only wagon i have ever seen with them !
    205.jpg
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Did you drive down a farm race or get stuck behind a stock transporter?? :P
  • What the fuck is that? It looks like someone wrung out a flock of geese.
  • You are missing a wiper arm....
    You are missing a wiper arm....
    Not missing! just not installed! My last wiper ripped apart one day and i took the whole arm off to prevent scratching my glass, i have both installed now ! #friggityfresh
    What the fuck is that? It looks like someone wrung out a flock of geese.

hahaha nah man if theres any shit on this car its dog or cow doo doo
    Haydz wrote: »
    Did you drive down a farm race or get stuck behind a stock transporter?? :P

ahha i went thru some mud/ sum what deep water (considering my cars pretty low) , theres a video in mulimedia forum :D
    34.jpg

35.jpg

invalid wrote: »
    this thead is making a simple job way to hard. i installed these in my wagon 2 years ago and it took me about an hour. i will be moving these over to my 4wd wagon so i will take pictures and post up the install. you DO NOT need the long cross bracket. all you need is the speaker pods with the pig tails and the metal brackets that the pods attach too. run your wire up to the pods and cut a small hole in the roofliner at the hatch hinges. use one bolt from the hinges to hold speaker bracket in place and attach the speaker to the bracket. thats it. i will add pics once i re do my install to help other with this.

please do , im curious to see how only thing i can think of is mountign them using just the bronze piece some how?

heres where i got today.

just going the same route i did before.

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

im going to probably just punch two holes in either side and run zip ties and loop them thru the two circle holes in the frame

sorry for all the format issues i wrote this all already and my screen froze.

edit : another image that was hosted that wasnt mine..

i figure two punch holes i will use the rear light as a guide and run it straight across to the corner using the holes in the headliner from the oh shit handles as a second guide reference.

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

used the scalpel i had

perfect for zip tie holes

51.jpg
    did the obd 1 injector swap last night!
    PoozMcguee wrote: »
    Yes Ma'am, Can always cut the resistor box side of the plug so you can plug another box in if you want, instead of having to connect a lost plug again.

ima dude. -____-

102.jpg

here you can see the obd 0 injector has a line down the middle of the plug
    103.jpg
    104.jpg
    the plug shows voids on either side which use the two lines as a guide or track ( completely unneccesary )

here you can see there is no line down the middle but there is two lines at the top of the plug , those are what we will dremel out.

105.jpg

heres a ground down aka " modded " obd 1 injector

106.jpg

i used a very thin dremel attachment

107.jpg

" if it clips, it fits "

success the injector is now ready to be matted to my obd 0 harness!
    108.jpg

upon inspection of the obd 0 injectors i noticed one of the hats was stuck in place this could be the cause of my raw fuel and rich running smell thru the exhaust

109.jpg

cleaned out the seats

110.jpg

theres a second ring in there that has a lot of carbon build up i just left it im not sure of any negative effects it can cause considering it should be a air tight fit now

better pic of the build up
    111.jpg

nice clean o rings

112.jpg

all injectors inline and installed
    113.jpg

now for the fun and scary part
    mutilating the resistor plug wires

114.jpg

sorry harness D:

115.jpg

prior to cutting i sectioned off the top row of wires and the bottom row incase i want to reattach in the future for whatever reason that may be..

116.jpg

just going to store them with the old injectors

117.jpg

all stripped !

118.jpg

bought all this stuff a few months back only gunna need one small piece of heat shrink but i think i may tuck my engine bay so this will come in handy later on

119.jpg

soldered up real good

120.jpg

left with a nice clean " cap "

121.jpg

money shot , fired right up no more rich smelling exhaust and hopefully no more leaks or random misfire from flooding .

it may be the placebo effect but i swear the throttle response is enhanced my old injectors probably had around 300 k on them so who knows!

any ways. thanks for the help everyone that chimed in , now the internet has a hosted version of this write up :) for fellow wagoneers everywhere!

122.jpg one more just cuz
    did the obd 1 injector swap last night!
    PoozMcguee wrote: »
    Yes Ma'am, Can always cut the resistor box side of the plug so you can plug another box in if you want, instead of having to connect a lost plug again.

ima dude. -____-

102.jpg

here you can see the obd 0 injector has a line down the middle of the plug
    103.jpg
    104.jpg
    the plug shows voids on either side which use the two lines as a guide or track ( completely unneccesary )

here you can see there is no line down the middle but there is two lines at the top of the plug , those are what we will dremel out.

105.jpg

heres a ground down aka " modded " obd 1 injector

106.jpg

i used a very thin dremel attachment

107.jpg

" if it clips, it fits "

success the injector is now ready to be matted to my obd 0 harness!
    108.jpg

upon inspection of the obd 0 injectors i noticed one of the hats was stuck in place this could be the cause of my raw fuel and rich running smell thru the exhaust

109.jpg

cleaned out the seats

110.jpg

theres a second ring in there that has a lot of carbon build up i just left it im not sure of any negative effects it can cause considering it should be a air tight fit now

better pic of the build up
    111.jpg

nice clean o rings

112.jpg

all injectors inline and installed
    113.jpg

now for the fun and scary part
    mutilating the resistor plug wires

114.jpg

sorry harness D:

115.jpg

prior to cutting i sectioned off the top row of wires and the bottom row incase i want to reattach in the future for whatever reason that may be..

116.jpg

just going to store them with the old injectors

117.jpg

all stripped !

118.jpg

bought all this stuff a few months back only gunna need one small piece of heat shrink but i think i may tuck my engine bay so this will come in handy later on

119.jpg

soldered up real good

120.jpg

left with a nice clean " cap "

121.jpg

money shot , fired right up no more rich smelling exhaust and hopefully no more leaks or random misfire from flooding .

it may be the placebo effect but i swear the throttle response is enhanced my old injectors probably had around 300 k on them so who knows!

any ways. thanks for the help everyone that chimed in , now the internet has a hosted version of this write up :) for fellow wagoneers everywhere!

122.jpg one more just cuz
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Any updates