Shannon the 3rd gen Shuttle

1235»

Comments

• good idea ;) My girlfriend is into cars, but not the wagon, I gotta get working on that lol
  • WagoDanWagoDan Wagonist
    Damn nice blue! I have to say I like the 15" steelies on Shannon the best, just me, gettin me some for my 87 when I get building it... someday, lol
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    So Shannon has been neglected as of late due to the fact I have been spending every other weekend on the EF Shuttle (which doesn't have a name yet), so today I am going to change the front brake pads and see where the mood takes me.
    I still need to finish taking parts off the CRX so that can be sent to the scrap yard and I still need to sort out the EF Shuttle too so i'm not sure how much will be done on Shannon today.
  • ReaccionReaccion Senior Wagonist
    Wow! Nice... This wagon has a lot of room inside! I love it... My Compadre used to own one... Yours is really Nice!
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Put Shannon on the hoist at work today, its the first time I have had a decent look underneath and I was stoked at how clean she is under there, it has restored some enthusiasm and drive to do the rust she has got.
    Typical mechanics car was low on oil and tyre pressures were all over the place, inner rack joints have play and the clutch still needs doing!

I feel a bit bad not taking a pic of Shannon in the air so here is a pic of what I was working on today.

536.jpg

Its a HSV (Holden) R8 Clubsport with an LS2 and 307kw. A bit of fun but when you drive them/work on them everyday you realise how lacking in character they are.
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Shannon is still being the reliable daily and since it is winter and I am doing alot more mileage per week than I used to I decided to raise her up for winter commuting :)

77.jpg
    78.jpg

There just aren't enough hours in a week to get everything done that I would like to.
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Long weekend here in NZ so I lowered Shannon back down to summer cruising height and took her for a drive to catch up with some friends.

503.jpg

504.jpg

505.jpg

506.jpg

After driving the EF daily it was nice to jump in Shannon and just cruise, such a shame having two shuttles and not being able to decide which one to drive.
  • I feel ya! Been driving Clifford more than Digger lately, My 3rd gen won't be done for a while, miss that one too.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    666DAN wrote: »
    such a shame having two shuttles and not being able to decide which one to drive.

greedy bitch.. i kill you
  • 457.jpg
    458.jpg
    459.jpg
    460.jpg

I treated Shannon to a new clutch kit I had sitting around, its like driving a different car! It may also have given me the motivation to do the rust work and start cruising in it again.
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    So unfortunately I decided the rust was just too bad on poor Shannon once I had pulled the windscreen out and this was the point I cut my loses and sent her to rust in pieces.

It was a fun journey while it lasted.

RIP Shannon the shuttle.
    666DAN wrote: »
    So unfortunately I decided the rust was just too bad on poor Shannon once I had pulled the windscreen out and this was the point I cut my loses and sent her to rust in pieces.

It was a fun journey while it lasted.

RIP Shannon the shuttle.

peace out Shannon ya dirty bitch...
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Whaat?! That's sad, I will drive my 3rd Gen. today to commemorate the existence of a fantastic little car.
  • Sorry to hear about Shannon
  • ef001282ef001282 New Wagonist
    So sad. Check PM
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    It is sad and I do miss her but I still have my EF3 Wagon!!
  • Poor wago... if you don't mind me asking. What springs did you use to lower her?
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    I am pretty sure it is in the build somewhere but I wound down the front torsion bars in the front and the rear is lowered on cut dc2 integra front springs.
  • WagoDanWagoDan Wagonist
    Rust?! Rust?! whatrya talkin about? Rust?! You should see some of the shit o'er here! lol Definately one of my favs...
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    WagoDan wrote: »
    Rust?! Rust?! whatrya talkin about? Rust?! You should see some of the shit o'er here! lol Definately one of my favs...
    You may have more rust but you dont have strict rules regarding road worthiness of cars. Sadly it would cost a lot of money to fix the rust to the point where it could be road legal again
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    NZ-DB8R is 100% correct.

The rules here surrounding rust are pretty tight, the amount of time and money it would have taken to fix the rust just wouldn't have been worth it. Shuttles are everywhere, just last week I was offered a 3rd gen AK shuttle for $1000 and it had low mileage etc so fixing Shannon just wasn't logical.
    just doing a little stalking.... and bumping up a 3 year old thread....

shhhhhh...
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    I miss Shannon. :(
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Probably the first thread I've read on here, and the thread that brought me here.

Bill brings back a lot of sadness.:numbness:
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    How I want a 3th gen after checking all the pics in this thread twice....
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    I too can admit to this car being a huge influence to my 3rd Gen. efforts.
  • Bumping an ancient thread because I just read it and realised how much I miss Shannon. I have been out of the Honda game for 5 years but I'm back with a RB1 Odyssey!

Thank you all for such awesome comments about Shannon being an influence on your builds!!!