UPDATED! JesseCRX's Space City Shuttle

12345679»

Comments

• loneeagleloneeagle Band Wagon
    you should get a sharpie paint marker and do your mudflaps and that front lip, thatd look sexy
  • JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    paint marker?
    Oh I see..paint the lettering.
    What color though?
  • OddMarzOddMarz New Wagonist
    I used to love this car when I was just lurking around, but now that I own one I'm simply 1000x more blown away by it now, great work keep it up
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    the storage bin / map light is awesome, i think it comes out of a oddessy

what lip is that that you modded for the rear??
  • nice shuttle
  • looks really good i like the stance look but very clen! can wait till summer to paint and clean up my car !
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    JesseCRX wrote: »
    I've seen these before in the CTR catalog but this one supposedly came out of a JDM Odyssey or CR-V. Not sure which one.

I believe this one was from a Crv, but this type can be found in various models. I even believe this was an option in the USA (or maybe just the storage minus the maplight).
  • Loving this build keep up the good work ,Man can't wait to get my daisy blinds.
    Hello guys...

I haven't done any updates in quite a while. I've been extremely busy the past 6 months... I just moved from Houston to Austin so that put just about everything on the back burner. It was pretty stressful especially since I know only 2 people here in this new city. But so far I am diggin' it. Austin is a lot of fun.

As for my Shuttle, I've got some small updates to post up. Nothing seriously major, but I like how they turned out.

First things first. The last time I had posted up some quick shots of the rear interior. I had never shared the pics of stuff outside the car, so I did some digging and luckily I found some photos I had taken with my phone.

Luckily the rear cargo cover was intact and the cloth holding it together hadn't separated completely. It was a lot more than it looks. It's by far the best interior upgrade I've done so far.
    362.jpg

363.jpg

Now that the Texas summer heat is in full effect I had also noticed my AC was not blowing as cold during the day. Took the car to my brother's shop and saw that I was low on coolant. No leaks detected. The problem was tracking down a can of R12 refrigerant. None of the shops had any in stock so I had to go to...(drumroll) Craigslist! There was an old guy selling some out of his garage! Score!
    364.jpg

I also picked up some nice all season tires for a very good price. Falken Ziex 512's. Pretty much the same as the 502's but personally I liked the profile look of the 502's.
    365.jpg

One of my local buddies here in Austin works at Honda and was kind enough to help me out with mounting/balancing my tires and inspecting the rear end of the car. Thanks Cody!! I had noticed that there was always a loud pop or thump whenever I would go over uneven ground speedbumps. It had to be the OEM endlinks.
    366.jpg

That loud popping and thumping was driving me nuts. He checked everything and it all looked pretty solid. I told him I was using stock CRX Si endlinks with my suspension techniques sway bar though. He thought that was a bad idea because the bar is so beefy that it pretty much made swiss cheese of the bushings. They were binding up pretty badly. These were the kind of endlinks I was using
    367.jpg

I replaced them with the hardened steel adjustable endlinks(I had lost them originally)and WOW! The popping and thumping was gone and the car just felt way more stable. Almost go-cartish haha! They look just like this.
    ael-1-500x500.jpg

Changing subject, I know many of you are big into car audio. Well, now that I had the rear interior in place, I had to come up with a solution to get rid of my giant bass tube. I had a 12 inch amplified bass tube that was not only heavy as hell, but had no way of securing it. When I would hit a hard bump it would shift and push up on my cargo cover. Plus it took up all my cargo area! What good is a grocery getter if you can't tuck away groceries in it!? So I opted for a Carrozzeria headliner speaker set out of a JDM Daihatsu.
    368.jpg

Fit the wagon like a glove! I immediately noticed a difference in the sound quality of my mids and highs. I replaced the bulky bass tube with a smaller and much lighter 8inch amplified bass tube as well. It's secured with double sided velcro so it doesn't slide around. Here is how the speaker set up turned out.
    369.jpg

Oh and it's illuminated too. Have it wired to my markers
    370.jpg

371.jpg

I've also been busy with completing the install of my 3-Stage VTEC-E swap into my CRX but still having problems with the wiring.
    372.jpg
    373.jpg
    374.jpg

375.jpg
    376.jpg

And speaking of CRX's... since my crx had some front end damage I was going to replace both the bumper cover and hood. My SiR hood is not perfect...and since i am going to replace my SiR front end I was thinking of salvaging it and doing a facelift to the wagon using the SiR hood and the headlights. Also thinking of going back to oem fenders with no fender mirrors and no door mirrors either...just a smoother look for the car. My broadway mirror gives me plenty of rear viewing space. We'll see how it turns out. Thanks to MESA for sharing these referrence photos!
    377.jpg
    378.jpg
    379.jpg

Oh and I also discovered a way to turn $2 cigarette safety plugs into $20 NOS JDM safety plugs. Just cut the cardboard around the plastic so nobody knows the difference! jkjk! :p
    380.jpg

This was the last shot of my car in front of my old house in Houston that a CRX buddy took. I thought our cars looked great together.
    381.jpg

I am not as baller as some of you guys, so my build is super slow. But it's coming along :)
    382.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I'll trade you fenders/mirrors...

I really dig the sound system thing. Its incredible.
    BillBoard wrote: »
    I'll trade you fenders/mirrors...

I already have an extra set of wagon fenders I am gonna use :encouragement:
    Not getting rid of the fender mirrors. If I do, they'll be sold with the car(if I ever do decide to sell it).

Yeah, the speaker box is awesome. I love it! :rolleyes:
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    This build is awesome! This is one of my favorite wagons. I really enjoyed the fender mirrors on there though! :disturbed: I'm in for more.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    JesseCRX wrote: »
    I already have an extra set of wagon fenders I am gonna use :encouragement:
    Not getting rid of the fender mirrors. If I do, they'll be sold with the car(if I ever do decide to sell it).

Yeah, the speaker box is awesome. I love it! :rolleyes:

dont you ever sell that wagon. and if you do- i will take it. lololololollllsslsll

I do love your collection of rad parts though! love when this thread gets updated...
    BillBoard wrote: »
    dont you ever sell that wagon. and if you do- i will take it. lololololollllsslsll

I do love your collection of rad parts though! love when this thread gets updated...

Thanks man. I appreciate that.
    Life just happens so I end up putting a ton of things on the back burner. Priorities man...
    This build is awesome! This is one of my favorite wagons. I really enjoyed the fender mirrors on there though! :disturbed: I'm in for more.

Thanks man! I am searching fore new wheel options at the moment.
    I also plan on doing the rear brake conversion along with Beagle interior upgrades. These things are never ending builds!
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Glad to see some updates! Awesome, awesome, awesome!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I like the details in your build
    Really a one of wagon.

It just needs the fender mirrors tho!
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    Great build thread!
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    that speaker pod thingy is just the bee's knee's and your rear window visor is just too sick! you're so lucky to have that

Last thing.... that face lift on the wagon looks so killer!!!!
    RoRo wrote: »
    that speaker pod thingy is just the bee's knee's and your rear window visor is just too sick! you're so lucky to have that

Last thing.... that face lift on the wagon looks so killer!!!!

Thanks Ro.
    Believe it or not I am still trying to find a source to replicate it. Nobody seems to wanna tackle the project in fear of it not coming out right.

And yeah, that facelift is gonna be awesome. I have the parts. Just gotta find the right place to handle the job.
  • Mo-VanMo-Van Wagonist
    Hey man any new updates??
  • Hey sorry if you've already answered this but what exhaust is that??
  • Mo-VanMo-Van Wagonist
    That exhaust is a DCsports exhaust from the CRX.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    how much was your carrozierra setup?
    klum wrote: »
    how much was your carrozierra setup?

I got it for a pretty good deal. A little over $100 shipped on eBay from a seller in Japan.
    Surprised the hell out of me when it arrived 2 days later. It was in perfect shape and came with all the brackets. Not a scratch on it. Gives really clear sound and at night the entire cabin has a nice Purple Rain retro glow... perfect for those cruises down to Lake Minnetonka!