89 civic wagon! Michhamlin

If you have followed me before............ You would know i have a 90 civic wagon. Well after using my daily as my project car and having it get stolen was not ideal for me. Since that incident i have been driving my 90 civic wagon everywhere! couple trips to Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, just anywhere i needed to go. i was looking for a specific wagon, which you will learn why later but it was a year and a couple months before I had found one.

the time before i was able to find one that had everything i wanted, i spent most of my time searching and sourcing out parts i had imagined for my upcoming wagon build. Well very anxious because so many nice wagon builds were happening and being imported, I started to search CL in different parts of California.
Well a wagon with all i wanted popped up. 88-89, with grey interior and 5-speed. sadly it did not have A/C but that is fine, its on my to-do list.
keep in mind, i bought a 89 rt gold with brown interior that made it to LA from San Diego and I was to unhappy after getting it home because it was not the project car i had in mind and i ended up selling it the same day. So here was no way i was letting this wagon out of my hands!

i contacted the seller and he was willing to hold it for me because of how crazy this plan sounded. he knew i was serious.
So this wagon was up in Santa Rosa! i was ready t drive up there when my friend suggested to just take a flight up there. So another friend and I bought tickets from Ontario airport to San Francisco airport. we had planned out to take the Bart and then a 2 hour bus ride. However on the air plane a nice elderly lady told us there were shuttles that went to Santa Rosa! it was only 10-15 dollars more each and we would have gotten to Santa Rosa earlier than we had expected. SO we did just that. after a 3 hour plane ride, and 2 hour bus ride we were here! getting the wagon I had been waiting for!
We start checking out the wagon and it is what i have been waiting for.
I was skeptical it was not going to make the 8.5 hour drive home, yet it did. We stopped by some friends houses on the way home to pick up more parts i had been looking for and ended up not getting home till 4 am Saturday night.

so here i am now, with the newest wagon to my collection. I am going all out on this wagon.

I wanted to take a few moments to give thanks to those who either helped me find parts, sell me parts, bought my parts, or shined light on to ideas i had planned for this operation. If you know me and know what i have planned, please keep it to yourself. i want everything to be a surprise :)

well lets get started?
So, the first thing i did was let it sit because i am to busy and preoccupied with school, athletics, and my internship to even touch this wagon.

this morning i was up early like usual and decided that before i get started and finished my studies i should work on the wagon. working on cars has become therapeutic for me, just like running is therapeutic for me also. keeps me busy and my mind off everything for a while. I wanted to start off my cleaning the whole car out, i pulled out the seats the trimming the door panels, everything.
and that is where i stopped for today :D i have my plan to clean it all out, because i actually found weed and a crack pipe under the carpet.......

sorry for the suspense. looks like we have to wait till next week. i know i am sad too! because once i started i did not want to stop... but i had to stop so i can finish my school work.....

well follow me on instagram if you want, ill follow back. if you are not creppy.... Michhamlin <---- my username :)

and lastly, hi Bill!!!

enjoy the photos,

sorry there are not a lot, yet.
not sure on how the links stuff works but i am hoping that there pictures will show up!

171.jpg

172.jpg

before and after of pulling out the interior.

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

thanks! more next week i hope :)

Comments

• BillBoardBillBoard council member
    and lastly, hi Bill!!!

Howdy! I like a well thought-out build! Excited! :encouragement:
  • Thanks bill. Glad to have some support...

Well today day I finished studying early and went to the junk yard searching for something I'll show you all when the time comes!

So so I got home and came back with a farmers tan well a sunburn.... I don't tan...
    Any ways.... Pulled out the interior again and cleaned all the dust and crap that I was able to get to before the sun went down! Cleaned down the carpet, floor mats, every inch of dust on the panels!

190.jpg

191.jpg

one of those is before and after... Realistically I just pulled out that trash
    that's all!

next weekend I hope to get more done! We shall see!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Needs a good cleaning but it looks like a good start Mich!

Keep us updated man!
  • Vladi wrote: »
    Needs a good cleaning but it looks like a good start Mich!

Keep us updated man!

Doing woth what what I have :)
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    Nice, but I've a question. Why the hell are these wagon seats and interior prone to getting so dirty. The hell these previous wagon owners do?

Either way, looking forward to what you do with it.
  • JHMEE4 wrote: »
    Nice, but I've a question. Why the hell are these wagon seats and interior prone to getting so dirty. The hell these previous wagon owners do?

Either way, looking forward to what you do with it.

I am not sure but I don't mind much :)
  • I was looking for an AC system
    and found a guy locally who was selling one but his price was a little
    high, luckily enough I traded him my edm tail lights for the whole AC system.

he is giving me the harness tomorrow with the interior accessories I hope.

Yaay!

212.jpg
  • Seems like a good trade!
  • Now... Are there any writeups on how to get this working perfectly?
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    Are you missing the entire AC system? Or what's going on?

I think you're missing the evaporator (or condenser I mix their names up) portion, the part that actually goes in the dash. You'll also need some wiring to set it up to, assuming you're missing the entire AC system.

Idiot, I didn't read your post. ha I'd blow out any junk in the lines with a compressor, get all new O-rings as well as a receiver/dryer from Honda.
  • JHMEE4 wrote: »
    Are you missing the entire AC system? Or what's going on?

I think you're missing the evaporator (or condenser I mix their names up) portion, the part that actually goes in the dash. You'll also need some wiring to set it up to, assuming you're missing the entire AC system.

Idiot, I didn't read your post. ha I'd blow out any junk in the lines with a compressor, get all new O-rings as well as a receiver/dryer from Honda.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The guy is still getting me the rest of the parts to complete the AC! :)[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]No it's okay! It's nice to have help! [/COLOR]
  • Picking up some goodies tomorrow and dropping off some wheels to get done for my friend!
    Excitingvday tomorrow!
    hopefuly I will have time to pull off more
    stuff and try to get the AC fitted.
  • I got stuff
    ill show you all tomorrow! It's to dark!
  • Well I started prepping for the AC swap but I have not received the harness yet.. I'm just about ready to put it in!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Did you get an evap box for your AC? I literally pulled mine out yesterday if you need it. Just cover shipping.
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    make sure you replace the receiver/dryer as well.
  • Charb wrote: »
    Did you get an evap box for your AC? I literally pulled mine out yesterday if you need it. Just cover shipping.

Ill lll let you know in the morning is that's okay :)
    he is bringing me everything aside from the harness.... Maybe you can pull that for me
    too if you have a readily available to do that! :D
  • Grifty wrote: »
    make sure you replace the receiver/dryer as well.

I read that online, and a couple others have told me
    the same thing but have not been able to explain why, do you know why? Also all O-rings right?
  • Well today I sorta got down to business....

i i want to show everyone what I doing but I am
    a little worried about thieves... Kinda paranoid....
    so I'll keep you all updated as I go! That makes me feel better.....

any who, I pulled the rear bubble glass trimming, all side molding, fenders, and front bumper.
    it was to dark to pull the rear bumper today.

tomorrow ill be drilling some
    holes in the chassis.... Kinda worried but I have too!

263.jpg
  • Also wanted to share with you all wheels I have!

NOT FOR SALE!
    NOT FOR SALE!
    Its not all of the wheels but it's some :)
    However, I have 2 friends selling thier wheels! Ill
    post in the for sale section so I don't get in trouble!

264.jpg
    265.jpg
    266.jpg
  • Maybe those wheel will attract more of you wagoners to pay attention to my build :D
  • Those weheels are only a fraction of what I have in store ya'll!
  • So I went through some spare parts that were hanging around and decided to throw in the Oem harness

I used electirc tape and heat shrink after I sotered the wires together.
    Im am happy with it besides one wire didn't have a pair
    its yellow and white. If you know why, or if I messed up let me know!
    280.jpg

281.jpg
  • So first cat out of the bag is I am doing power window and possible lock conversion

today I cut through the chassis.
    i drilled then filed it down
    Just finished one side

also I gt the ac harness and underthe dash parts.

Door has the sections! Good thing man!
    282.jpg

Started off drilling one hole, then 3 and finally filing
    283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg
    286.jpg

287.jpg

ill be smoothing it out.

How the wagon is looking

288.jpg
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Motors impress me not wheels ;)

glad ad to see you're getting at the power windows
  • Finished the other side and I am calling it a day on the wagon.

289.jpg

290.jpg

291.jpg
  • Charb wrote: »
    Motors impress me not wheels ;)

glad ad to see you're getting at the power windows

Haha sadly i will not be swapping motors!
    Thanls! I'm looking forward to the wiring :D
  • I'll hopefully finish wiring and ac this up coming weekend
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    I read that online, and a couple others have told me
    the same thing but have not been able to explain why, do you know why? Also all O-rings right?

Yep also replace all of the O-rings while your at it.

The Receiver/dryer goes bad after being exposed to the elements for 15 mins. It's purpose is to trap all the moisture in the system. After being left open for 15 mins it has become full of moisture and will not operate as efficiently as it should.
  • Grifty wrote: »
    Yep also replace all of the O-rings while your at it.

The Receiver/dryer goes bad after being exposed to the elements for 15 mins. It's purpose is to trap all the moisture in the system. After being left open for 15 mins it has become full of moisture and will not operate as efficiently as it should.

Got it :)
    You know how many o-rings? Just complete different sizes and stuff?