89 civic wagon! Michhamlin

Comments

• That what the oil is for right?
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    Yup oil to keep everything lubed. The compressor has a piston type mechanism inside to pump the freon around. I think, I'm not sure what type our wagons use, but most likely what it uses.
  • You want to definitely pay attention to the OEM specs for the type of oil and the amount of oil. Too much oil will interfere with the refrigerant and your system will not cool properly. Too little....your compressor wont live. There is a fine line there. There is also a product on the market called Freeze32 which is an oil with magnetic properties. The idea is that it will pool the oil around the compressor, where you need it. Pushing the oil through the system is where you lose cooling efficiency. I have never used Freeze32 but my local repair shop owner tells me it works well on older systems.
  • Thanks for the information!
    Ill need to go check all of it over again!
  • The wagon entered the paint booth. So I'm hoping they do it how I want because I had a lot of details..
    What's the colour going to be?
  • JHMEE4 wrote: »
    What's the colour going to be?

Im going with an oem shuttle pro 88-89 color. It's also a first generation Integra color. Nh-95m.
    I have had all my parts saved up for a long time! So I can actually share with everyone my progress :)
  • 33.jpg

latest news, the car is in the paint booth!
    Super excited!
  • Cool! That is the color of my Canadian wagon that I imported. I love it!! :encouragement:
  • Cool! That is the color of my Canadian wagon that I imported. I love it!! :encouragement:

Thats awesome! I am hoping it comes out perfect! I like that color!
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Why did they not mask the trim above the bumper? Great color choice btw.
  • 91 RT4WD wrote: »
    Why did they not mask the trim above the bumper? Great color choice btw.

They ended up masking it off. I guess they were not finished preping!
  • Pick up the car today!
    Super excited!
  • Looks like it'll be ready tomorrow morning :)
  • Here we go!

So I am detail oriented. I have only been into the car game for 5 years but I have an eye for details, especially within the 4th gen civic and 2nd gen integras because thats what I am around mostly.

My interior was not hard to complete. I was tired of not have power windows. So I took the initiative of researching the swap and realized there are people who I know that have RHD wagons. I got the regulators from them so I didn't mod them.

Next I used sedan motors (because the rhd had master wiring on the right, and sedan has them on the left) and the complete wiring! It took me 1-2 hours to get the wiring but the guy at pick a part only charged me $12 haha!! Score.
    After laying down the wiring in my car I realized the switches and door handles were not working on my car. I don't know if it was a bad batch or what, but I used the wagon handles and only the switch section from the sedan.

Now cosmetics interior! I bought grey floor mats! I like to stand out a bit, so I did my research and I was going to keep the manual windows until I seen there are LHD power option door panels in Europe!!!!!!!!!
    111.jpg
    So I had the edm seat cloths for a while and I swapped the cloth a while ago bill beat me to putting them on.
    112.jpg113.jpg[114.jpg
    new seats!115.jpg116.jpg117.jpg
    ]I'll get photos of everything put in when I get it all in!
    Once I got the car. I also was able to pick up the edm rear trunk set! I am really excited about that! I also have the more-so-common edm center console; how ever with the not so common in usa (besides rhd converted cars) english language , Japanese/new Zealand climate control! I have almost all the wiring done!
    600 doesn't fit on as easily. 118.jpg
    119.jpg
    For the exterior it took me a while to finalize what I wanted to do. So I have been really in love with the bronze windows! It took time but i finally got all of the bronze glass! Every piece!

I'll get photos once it's put on the car!

I had the opportunity to purchase another set of oem door visors for under $70 from Japan..
    So I took up that offer!! Duh hahha.
    Lastly I have the oem fender mirrors! Complete with block of plates!
    I eliminated my molding holes to have the shuttle pro outside look, with the European interior while staying lhd.
    I have little knickknacks here and there I'll share too once the car is completely put together!

I am getting the glass put in, and then I'll get some quick photos. If the car before I put it together, during and after.

the paint is good, a few little dings I am unhappy about but I'll be going back in a couple weeks to have them fixed.

enjoy :)
  • It's all I got right now

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg
  • I like how it looks without the door moldings, interesting idea considering it's getting difficult to find unbroken clips
  • bigdzysays wrote: »
    I like how it looks without the door moldings, interesting idea considering it's getting difficult to find unbroken clips

I I love the shuttle pro idea and concept!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I really like that color. Fender mirrors are awesome as well. How do they compare to regular mirrors hooked up on the doors?
    Dude, this is awesome I'm so excited to see all this put together. Nice work!
  • Jealous of the mirrors, so far I've only tracked down the drivers side, really need to find the passenger side of things.
  • SPW wrote: »
    I really like that color. Fender mirrors are awesome as well. How do they compare to regular mirrors hooked up on the doors?

Thanks! They are unique and eliminates the blind spot! I haven't driven much with them
    but its awesome thus far!
  • JHMEE4 wrote: »
    Dude, this is awesome I'm so excited to see all this put together. Nice work!

Thanks! I know it was all talk for a while haha. But it has finally come together.
    Like everyone else in college, I can't wait for summer!! Haha
  • Jealous of the mirrors, so far I've only tracked down the drivers side, really need to find the passenger side of things.

Really? That awesome still! I have a buddy with only the passenger side and I don't think he will sell it hahaa.
    maybe you guys have each others half!!
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    Stance! I would put some rear mudflaps back on there. Looks like you have enough clearance in the rear to not destroy them
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Looks great
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Lose the '55X' badge and add some jailbars. If you want to be true to the civic pro, get the half height AM radio. :)
  • Haydz wrote: »
    Lose the '55X' badge and add some jailbars. If you want to be true to the civic pro, get the half height AM radio. :)

I went for the exterior shuttle
    pro. I like the 55x.
  • t9wagon wrote: »
    Stance! I would put some rear mudflaps back on there. Looks like you have enough clearance in the rear to not destroy them
    I don't really want mud flaps. They are not appealing to me anymore.
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    I don't really want mud flaps. They are not appealing to me anymore.
    Personally I can't get enough flaps. But it looks good with the molding deleted