What has been seen cannot be unseen! This poor wagon. *PIX*

Comments

• wagodizzle wrote:
    let the wagon decide :P
    it seems like you know what to do ;)

It's up to the wagon, the wagon knows best ;-)
  • Got my wagon back!
    I am sooo happy to have it back!
    Looks like I will be keeping my wagon and buying her factory roof rack since she really needs money.
    It is the oem wagon rack and will replace my Thule that killed my mpg that I sold.

Sometime this week my friend is gonna have me over to go over my AC and try and get it working so i'm a very happy man.
  • MPG have struck a cord in me.
    my wagon's best was 30.6mpg currently just ran through a full tank at 26.6 mpg and that's not even with the little vx ultra light wheels just 13 inch steelies!
    Not bad for an Automatic RT4wd with 230k miles.

Now the kicker, got my wife a new prius, 50 mpg is very niice!
    Got to jones'n for more MPG!
    Lusted, then crunched some numbers, If i sold my crx and wagon I could get a 2000 ish insight (the crx looking hybrid) for the same money per month because of the savings on gas...
    posted both cars for sell, didn't have pix so i took the adds down, really struggling with this one.
    Would be nice to have a newer car, with all the safety features and 60+ mpg but man i really enjoy the two i have.
  • Worked on the crx with some friends, fixed some problems came up with some new problems, figured out it needed a new throttle position sensor...

Got to thinking about the wagon when my buddies car was over, he has a 1990 civic sedan he just got painted and all the rust removed, it's droped on a very nice set of coilovers with some abosolutely sick rims... ah, if the wagon could get some of that attention... oh, the wheels are turning...

Two plans:

1. Keep the wagon and crx and give the wagon a make-over, it's tired look, has faded paint and dents and apparently embarasing to my daughter to be taken to school in, but I will have to be budget minded!

Sand and repaint RT4wd Rims, grab my old set of lowering springs, sand body, fix dents as best i can and roller paint the car, like the thread on honda tech, and either finish tinting the car or remove the old tint and finally clean up and install stock front seats i sourced that are in great condition just a bit dirty.

2. Sell the crx, but only after swapping the motor and mods into the wagon and the wagons stock motor into the crx, go with a higher-end suspension for a better ride in the wagon and use some of the money earned from the crx to get a nicer paint job than i could do on my own.

Just some ideas, still my wagon rocks
  • or:

3. I could sell them both and buy the insight

or

4. just sell the crx fix up the wagon on the cheap then buy the insight after tax season and keep the wagon as a secondary/winter car
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    or:

3. I could sell them both and buy the insight

or

4. just sell the crx fix up the wagon on the cheap then buy the insight after tax season and keep the wagon as a secondary/winter car
    I like #4....
    never was a big 2door fan .... :lol:
  • "they set me up since they already knew I wanted the car.
    Some random dude pushed the bid to... wait for it... $1000"
    Wow, thats lame and ignorant "frown" I'd be so pissed. that 700ish you brought should of been all you needed. Glad you were still able to get it though. Sounds like a frustrating story
  • A bit of an update...
    I am knees deeping in working on the wagon and crx!
    I figure most people on here will probably cheer me on here.

buying a wrecked del sol for the form function suspension for the wagon...
    Then the wagon is getting it's interior reconditioned, the crap tint pulled, it's trim repainted and soon the whole car will be painted!
    Got brand new tires for my rt4wd steelies, will be repainted them white and just ordered password JDM red lugs, very excited to see the wagon cleaned up, lower and looking less tired.
    I also order a new front pass side axle and new front rotors and pads for the wagon, then even ordered new exhaust tips in a more correct size for the wagon!

The crx is taking the rota Flashbacks from the del sol and last week got, new weather stripping, throttle position sensor, starter, battery tray, ASR rear subframe brace, new windshield and seal, and new seal on the rear quarter, under the windows and on the roof!
    Cannot wait to drive the crx around, has been in my garage since March!

So excited so much going on right now!
    Just thought I would let everyone know.
  • Lost out the the Del Sol, insurance company processed it and took it to auction, bummer!
    I had that motor, tranny and ecu sold too, blah, would have broke even and got to keep the goodies... wasn't meant to be.

The good news is that all my wagon parts are in except for my new purchase... brand new Form and Function full coilovers!!!
    I like having new ones better anyway!

I'll post up pix when we get everything together.
    Think I will put everything on the car, clean up the interior, paint the trim and polish the crap out of the paint to keep me until after the winter... we'll see

Oh and my sisters wagon is for sale! Check the vehicles section.
  • Finally had time to get the form function type one's on the wagon with new rear control arms and bushings.
    did the bad axel and hatch struts while we were at it yesterday.
    still have the new front brakes maybe this upcoming weekend.

SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO nice!
    Love the drop and new suspension!

Cant wait to repaint my rt4wd steelies white and put my password jdm red lugz on!
    Thumbs up to the wagon getting a little love, she always gives more than she gets

480.jpg
    373.jpg
  • Got my crx back and the work done on the rear is awesome, but really emphasizes how very blown both front struts are.
    So how does one deal with this situation when he has no money like myself???
    My plan is to install the form function coilovers on all four corners of the little crx!

This puts me back a bit on the wagon or does it?
    I really love the form functions on the wagon, it drives smooth and soft but has virtually no body roll, which would seem perfect.
    But my eyes have wondered lately and my vision has changed for the wagon.

I keep reading Bugout vehicle threads on other forms and watching videos of jeeps and subarus outfited for light and serious off roading.
    I think I will put the factory suspension back on the wagon and see how I like it, yes I said stock, yikes!
    The coilovers simply do not have enough suspension travel and are way to stiff for such ventures.

So why not the the teg stuff?
    Well I need a new front strut for the suspension, rides stiffer than the stock suspension and would really look better with meater tires than I currently own.

So stock suspension it is and while i'm at it I'll install my new front brake pads and rotors.
    I will install my rt4wd steelies after repainting with snow tires just in time for the big white stuff to hit too (this will make it so the coilovers will never see salt, since they will be on the crx and the crx doesn't leave the garage in such weather).

I plan to sell the crx lowering springs, which are h&r springs and in good shape as best i'm aware.
    I also plan on selling the integra suspension if someone is interested in raising their wagon, but keep in mind you'll need to purchase a new front strut if you want to keep one side of your front end from feeling a bit bouncy.
    The teg suspension consists of teg front forks, teg stock springs and tokico blue struts.
    One new strut will probably run around $80 shipped I think.

I hope to use the money gained from selling these items to buy back my roof rack from my buddy and to pay for taxes and tags on the crx so I can drive her a bit, since she's been mostly setting since march 2011.
  • It's set!
    I will swap suspension back to stock for this weekend and install new rotors and pads, i'm excited and hoping things stay warm.

Been reading so much about Baja beetles, Jeep and subaru lifts lately, really just trying to solidify what I want for the wagon.
    I'm thinking the stock Height will be fine, although it neat, real off roading is not my goal, just being able to not be limited to the pavement.
    I've learned a lot and while the wagon is a lot better and more capible than your average fwd car it's in no way an 4wd offroader like a jeep, truck or something of that nature.
    This helps me to realize the limitations of the platform and reshape my intentions for the wagon... the internet's useful for sobering moments like that.

I also compared the stock rears to the teg rear struts and the stocks run an extra two inches of travel, I had forgotten, super neat!
    The fronts when sit side by side, the teg springs only had about a 1/4 inch more travel, so no big gains there.
    Wish I could shim the car up 1/2 an inch with the stock struts but think that may be dangerous without an actual spacer plate fabbed up.

Have some stuff for sale locally on craigslist and we will see how quickly things move and I have some cash.

Things first in line for financial contribution are:
    Wife's CCW permit (she already took her class)
    Range membership due for renewal
    CRX needs taxes paid on it to switch into my name and tags to be driven
    So probably about the first $235 is spent

but the wife decided to sell her wrx rims that are setting so that should cover all that.

Hope to get my rack back soon before my buddy decides to get rid of it and I have to pay twice as much to get another one... fingers crossed.
  • Last night I was missing the wagon...
    Let me preface that with 'earlier this year I sold the wagon'
    I sold it to my brother-in-law and he really loves it, so that's good.
    I replaced it with an 06 pt cruiser 5speed non turbo, which is really a great little car.
    Sometimes I miss the days with the wagon, no car payment, cheap insurance and tons of personality and I get this sick feeling in my stomach.
    I suppose we all hold on to material things and attach meaning to them, I usually feel better in the morning.
  • ended up selling the crx too, don't really miss it though ;-)
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Thanks for the update.

But I should ban you for selling your wagon for a PT lol

There's not a single picture in this thread. And no reason for any more updates.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Re-opened.... now I expect pics! :)
  • Will post pics tomorrow, thx Charb.

Wagon is going to be worked on in this up coming weekend/week and I will try and get some updated then.

She needs new valve cover seal, and spark plug gromets, plugs and a thermostat... Can't wait to work on her again.
    so you have it back ..??? or what ..???
  • I wish I had it back,
    I sold it to my brother-in-law who is 18, he does really seem to enjoy the wagon and keeps it perfectly clean.
    He had big plans for her, but ran outta funds.
    Right now she is setting because he doesn't have the time to work on her and is driving my father-in-law's truck.
    I message him yesterday about working on her and haven't heard back.
    I will mesage him again today.
    They insist the water pump is not leaking that the car only needs a new thermostat... I don't agree.
    There was oil down with the plugs as well, I told him to buy the valve cover gaskets, spark plug gromets and new plugs and I would come over and help him put them on.

My wife said last night, "It's only a matter of time before you try and trade him your PT for the wagon"
    haha, you bet I'm gonna at least suggest it when I'm over there working on the the wagon.
    Conversation will probably go something like this 'Dude, you might be better off with something newer you don't have to work on as much, like my PT, in fact if you were interested in the PT I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of trade'
    Even if he doesn't go for it, maybe it will be like inception, then it's only a matter of time... he was getting pretty sick of not having AC
  • PavementwagoPavementwago Senior Wagonist
    Wow charb that was too nice of you. Over 2 years and no pics
  • Wow charb that was too nice of you. Over 2 years and no pics

The thread did have pictures, they were uploaded directly to hondacivicwagon.com, I have no clue why they are not on there.
    Though I admit I haven't posted any in the last almost six months.
    I promised Charb I would rebuild the thread since I still have all the pictures.
    I did run into a problem that I sent him a message about, for some reason when I go to post I do not have permission to add attachments, which is slowing me down.
    The thread did have pictures, they were uploaded directly to hondacivicwagon.com, I have no clue why they are not on there.
    Though I admit I haven't posted any in the last almost six months.
    I promised Charb I would rebuild the thread since I still have all the pictures.
    I did run into a problem that I sent him a message about, for some reason when I go to post I do not have permission to add attachments, which is slowing me down.

adrenalinesaint ...
    i remember you had lots of pictures ...

i use Cardomain to save my pictures on and then simply copy the web address of the image and insert it between
    [img][/img]
    it works great and wont have to worry of the old or new address like people do also most need to change all the quick links to this new format .. cause they DONT WORK ... LoL
  • 3rd4ce wrote: »
    adrenalinesaint ...
    i remember you had lots of pictures ...

i use Cardomain to save my pictures on and then simply copy the web address of the image and insert it between
    www.civicwagon.com
    it works great and wont have to worry of the old or new address like people do also most need to change all the quick links to this new format .. cause they DONT WORK ... LoL

Thanks so much, i'm working on setting up the cardomain right now, that's exactly what I needed :-)
    Helpful as always.
  • cardomain setup and I will be uploading pictures as time allows today, already have my first up under my first post on this thread.
  • Should be able to go back through the form and see lots of pictures.
    I will get updated pictures next time I see her, hopefully this weekend or next.
    Thanks Charb for the opertunity to make things right.
  • These shots are from Feb 2012, some of you may recognize them from the For Sale ad that ran for a short time on here.
    179.jpg
  • Did not get to work on her (he doesn't have the money to fix her yet), but as promised I got new pictures this weekend, she doesn't look much different from the For Sale ad minus one exhaust tip.
    Here they are anyway.
    My son even snuck in the first one, he said "Daddy, I miss the wagon"
    ...oh my heart!
    185.jpg
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    i remember, years ago, when i almost bought this (or was trying to at least) from you for $1600. :cool: still kinda wish i did/could have