Comments

• rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    I should have my injectors on Thursday :) should get my engine under way
    No progress on the shuttle.
    I've just brought myself a crx though. Should make a fun run around
    635.jpg
    126186967_full.jpg

I have 4 hondas now. I have to get rid of one as the drive is looking a little full
    636.jpg
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Ohh very nice EF8, so how long till the shuttle has a Bseries......?
    ef7 with a b16. Its had some work done on it. Slotted rotors, battery in boot etc. will get more details tomorrow after I pick it up.

The intrac is staying d series. Unless someone wants to sponser me a crv block and trans lol.
    first thing ill do is remove the stickers.
    Had a productive morning on the Crx. I now have a set of lowering springs and shocks to play with.
    885.jpg
    Ill put these in the shuttle tonight and get some pics. No more feeling like i'm driving a sky scraper
    I'll let the pictures do the talking
    886.jpg
    887.jpg
    Might have to get some camber correction
    888.jpg

I'd like the back to be more even with the front. I might put these springs on the shuttle shocks and use the extended tophats.
    889.jpg
    Looks about a similar height in the front to mine. Camber isnt too bad, when I got it aligned last the front was just under -3 degrees I think and I had done 15,000ks on some already worn tyres and they are still good enough for a WOF
    I badly need a alignment lol, I've put da hubs on and lowered it and its all skittish. Its pretty rubbish to drive at the moment.
    How are your king springs on the konis? With the neuspeeds the crx is very firm
    I think I have kings in the rear, Cobra or something random in the front. The front is quite soft but I have the damper on the softest setting too, overall its a very comfortable ride, not rock soild, butt clenching when you see a pothole sort of hard like the Integra :lol:
    Machined the top of the injectors so they would fit into the fuel rail. Just need to source some O rings and that'll be sorted
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    rti intrac wrote:
    636.jpg

Wow I love this picture.

I've always struggled for garage and parking space. I'm jealous.
    Yeah, If I parked the one on the far left properally I could fit 2 there :)

Neighbor had a party one night and asked if they could park their cars in our drive. I said sure thing. came home and there were 9 cars in there lol
    Went ot a wrecker today to get some parts for The boss car and had a look in the honda section. Went up to it and its a Intrac! Was like HOLY SHIT! its manual too. so First thing Saturday I'm getting the gearbox diff and driveshafts
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Is it blue? A '90? LOL
    yes it is lol. Did you scavenge parts off it?. someone else has been at it. I'm paranoid that someone else will beat me to it
    Had a Productive morning at the wrecker. Got a gearbox, sump, oil pickup, door trim intrac diff and driveshaft.
    Fitted the door trim finally. Its funny how small things can make all the difference.
    I'm going to roll the guards tomorrow so stop the tires getting more shredded
    Ill get pics tomorrow.
    Which tyres are rubbing? What size/offset wheels are they and what tyres?

Ive got 15x7" +35et with 195/55 tyres and there is no way id get any rubbing, even with 5mm spacers
    My wheels are 15x6.5 +38et I think. tires are 195/55. I sorted the guards today adn there is heaps more room
    Hmm weird, technically my wheels stick out further than yours, yet yours rub and mine dont. have even run 15mm spacers (so 15x7" +20et) and even then there was heaps of room in the back, front probably would have rubbed slightly
    Yeah it is weird. Mine could be a tad lower or something?
  • we like'um down...
    889.jpg
    & wwrrruff x 2...(as in barking)
    some...
    skree-ing too...

you know...
    sqeakchchirp chirp...
    flapper d flap
    That picture will have to be updated soon. back will go lower some time this week.

On a different note, I removed the valves from the d15 head tonight. will give the valves a clean up and tidy the head up a little
    no suspension work this week. I stripped the spare gearbox down today
    Been a busy day today. Removed the trans out of my parts car this morning
    316.jpg
    636.jpg
    Transmission was removed fomr the one on the left and will be going into the one on the far right.
    Tomorrows job is to remove the shift cable (oops) and fit it into the other shuttle.
    I replaced the alternator belt on the intrac today. The old one had started to squeal a bit
    This is why
    317.jpg
    318.jpg

While i'm in a posting mood here are some pics of the rods and new block that will be going in in the future.
    319.jpg
    The block has done a whole 5000km since new.
    After comparing the factory rods to the revmaster rods I'm glad I bought them
    313.jpg
    312.jpg

Got my 769cc injectors mounted onto the rail. I still have to source some O rings for them
    320.jpg
    its been another busy day today. towed the crx out of the garage then towed the blue shuttle from where its been sitting for the last 4 months.
    373.jpg
    374.jpg
    Working on the car getting the trans out
    375.jpg
    376.jpg
    Nearly there
    377.jpg
    At this point I got a it angry and got my pry-bar/screwdriver/cold chisel
    Success!!
    378.jpg
    Everybody likes carnage pics
    379.jpg
    P1020425.jpg
    380.jpg
    381.jpg
    I was wondering how I'd get the trans high enough to get the jack under it. Enter my trusty endless chain
    382.jpg
    It works!!
    383.jpg
    I spent ages trying to get the box to lineup with the torque converter. This is how NOT to do it.
    384.jpg I remembered when we did a trans at work and the machanic said to put the torque converter in first. Did that.
    385.jpg
    piece of piss!! She's in
    386.jpg

Have to sort out the left hand side drive-shaft, shift linkages and mounts. Fingers crossed the trans works, It did a year ago when I bought the parts car
  • ReaccionReaccion Senior Wagonist
    Wow... a lot of work left to do... Nice though...
    I'm slowly getting through it. All the drive shafts are in place. suspension back in. Got a exhaust manifold at the wreckers today only to find its the wrong bloody one. the bolt holes for the car are like this \ instead of this /. Now all thats left is put the a/c fan in mount the shift linkage and replace the trans fluid
    Still haven't got the blue shuttle properly drivable. I got distracted with the crx. I have dropped my rods down to the engine builder/machine shop so they will be ready in a few weeks. Then I can start putting the motor back together
    Engine builder called today and said the rods/block are ready, I just have to pick them up now.
    The blue shuttle is sitting in the drive feeling unloved as the bastard car (crx) is getting the attention