rti intrac build

Comments

• Pass? Will get pics today
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    Awesome thanks
  • Will this do the job?
    674.jpg

The other one is somewhere in the Garage
  • Aren't the 4wd ones a larger diameter than the 2wd?
    mr_sp33 wrote:
    Aren't the 4wd ones a larger diameter than the 2wd?

Yes I think so but If I am lucky the whole driveshaft & cvs will work.

Have you got a pic of the other driveshaft please? And a close up of The inner cv?

Thanks
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Sorry the internet is dead at my place, and forgot my camera!

Its got a Y shaped bit on the inner CV with some Round bearings that go over them if that helps.

Compared to my DA6 ones they are different in that the bearings on the Shuttle CV are round whereas the DA6 ones have a Square on the inner side of the bearing
    Bugger, I have a different inner cv, Its like a cup with lots of balls pressed in.

Ah well Illl have to bite the bullet and see if strongs has one
    I found a parcel tray at the wreckers the other month, its brown but meh now I can properally mount my 6x9s
    583.jpg

I finally got around to mounting the crv wing today, its been sitting for a few months.

It was easy enough to fit on, but I will need some fiberglass/filler to sort out the gaps.

581.jpg
    584.jpg
    582.jpg
    580.jpg

This shows the gap inside
    585.jpg
  • WagonWagon Wagonist
    looks great man

What year crv did u get this off of?
    I'm not sure, I think it was a 1996?
  • WagonWagon Wagonist
    rti intrac wrote:

good stuff, I might have to do this. I know where a few junker crv's are at.

Also, I was wondering if you happen to know what wing is that, that goes in the mid section of the hatch? U know what im talking about?
    I think the mid wing is off a EF, it might be a option or something, there is a thread in cosmetics on it I am pretty sure
  • Wagon wrote:
    rti intrac wrote:

Also, I was wondering if you happen to know what wing is that, that goes in the mid section of the hatch? U know what im talking about?

One of these (this one's mine :D )

613.jpg
  • WagonWagon Wagonist
    mr_sp33 wrote:
    Wagon wrote:
    rti intrac wrote:

One of these (this one's mine :D )

[/quote:3pz0xb6n]

Yes one of those. What car is that off of?!?!? Or where do you get that thing?!
  • I pulled it from a hatch at the wreckers, the front end was under a mound of dirt, all i could see was some of the rear lol - but i dug it free!
  • WagonWagon Wagonist
    Thats insane.

I can't find one less than $250 dollars.
    One word for today. fuck. I removed the alb pump and lines and installed the non abs lines and prelude m/c & accord booster. Then I took my auto intrac apart in the rain and found the drive shaft is different again :twisted: ,Same length but the inner cv is different. Now I have to find another drive shaft. I know its not the same as a auto 4wd, not the same as a 2wd auto or manual. GRR
  • draginmywagondraginmywagon Senior Wagonist
    i want that cargo cover.. that fits like a glove.. sell it to me..
    I got the driveshaft sorted. Big thanks to ADL MT roskill.
    My koni shocks arrived today. Ill wait on putting them in - I have to put everything else back in first
    went to the wrecker today I scored a genuine Honda tow bar and floor mats:)
    and another parcel tray.

I finally got my act together and got the Da knuckles on the front and the drive shaft in. just need to sort our the brake lines and bleed the brakes. Ill have to drill some holes to install the towbar

Got some pics of my koni shocks too. the rears need a rebuild but they were cheap so it doesnt matter.

Pics will be up when they finish uploading
  • mr_sp33mr_sp33 Wagonist
    I may not always have anything to say, but i'm always watching this thread :)

I am jealous of your wreckers.
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    SO what is the name of the automatic ac controls? It should be able to convert into a usdm wagon right?
    SO what is the name of the automatic ac controls? It should be able to convert into a usdm wagon right?

The name is "completely useless" they are the stupidest controls ever, mine never do what I tell them :lol:
    That bad huh? I thought they would be ok like the old Toyota ones.
    My auto clomate controll disnt work the a/c and the temp thing did what it felt like.
    It would be a diffidult job to swap it into a usdm wagon. you'd need the mixer box and all the wiring. And it is for a RHD and all the ducting is on the left. its not worht the effort IMO
    rti intrac wrote:
    My auto clomate controll disnt work the a/c and the temp thing did what it felt like.

Mine too, so I ripped the A/C out. I also tell everyone "DO NOT TOUCH THAT DIAL" when they get into the car, because I know if they do Im going to end up with hot air on my feet and cold air on my face for the next month.
    Gahh that kills me. It just looks so good but fine If it doesn't work that's fine I'll quit dreaming.
    Woo it lives again!!

Put everything back together today and it runs. I only have to mount the prop valve and bleed the brakes.

I went to the wrecker today to try get a bolt I lost. I couldn't find it but ended up with some rear speaker pods
    Got her back together today. Took it for a thrash/bedding in the brakes. They feel pretty good. I didn't manage to get them to fade (maybe I wasn't pushing hard enough). I need new rear tires though as they locked up a couple of times.

I have a 15/16th poolude master cylinder on accord booster and Da knuckles and 262mm discs.
    I have some 282mm discs and bigger calipers to go on yet i'm looking for some spacers.
    Found some spacers, might pick them up this weekend depending on time.

Failed a warrant today, rear tires which I thought they would. I forgot the tighten the CV nut up properly and the wheel bearing had a bit of play, Tightened the nut and she is all good to go :) currently swapping wheels over so thats fixed too