rti intrac build

Comments

• rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    you bastard :P

Now the f***ing radiator fan wont turn on... checked coolent levels, fuses, fan works when powered up directly. It was working before...

GRR :evil:
    I picked something up after work today... I just couldn't resist puttin it all together

Here are some pics

Its a garett t28
  • jeckel30jeckel30 New Wagonist
    rti intrac wrote:
    I picked something up after work today... I just couldn't resist puttin it all together

Here are some pics

Its a garett t28

Nice feet :D
    jeckel30 wrote:
    rti intrac wrote:

Here are some pics

Its a garett t28

Nice feet :D

you missed the camera strap too :)
    Got some tubing this week and some 325 cc H22a injectors and some tints arrived today so ill get cracking tomorrow
    I tinted the rear quarters and replaced the hubs - the replacement ones i put on had MASSIVE amounts of positive camber

Tints are only 35%, A little light but it still turned out ok
    Finally got my obd1 conversion done!! I had mucked up and had 2 wires swapped around. started first pop. :D:D

Just need ti back onj the ground adn put my interior back in. Oh and my new sounds
    It is like a completely differnt vehicle to drive, I have power now, no hesitation or anything :) oh and vtec, It sounds mental just off the throttlebody.

The drivers side inner CV came apart when I moved it out with my knuckle swap so ill get into that tomorrow after work
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Hub swap? That means your ALB won't work as the magnet thingy won't be on the hubs anymore. That little ring gear on the axles is the pulse detector and they should sit within 1-2mm of a little flat spot on your knuckle.
    I know, the alb didnt work when I got the car, I swapped hte hub as my wheel bearing was rooted

Vtnz passed my wof with no ALB light
  • all these great thread (this one included) is such a motivator to get me a wagon right meow..

awesome car...

(2 thumbs up)
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    rti intrac wrote:
    I know, the alb didnt work when I got the car, I swapped hte hub as my wheel bearing was rooted

You should just rip it all out then - you'll need to make new front brake lines though. It should remove a bit of dead weight from the wagon. Then once you've removed it make a 'Jaker' rear diff up instead of the INTRAC one and put in a normal driveshaft... mean machine!
    Haydz wrote:
    rti intrac wrote:

You should just rip it all out then - you'll need to make new front brake lines though. It should remove a bit of dead weight from the wagon. Then once you've removed it make a 'Jaker' rear diff up instead of the INTRAC one and put in a normal driveshaft... mean machine!

I will rip them out of my parts car, its on the cards. The intrac diff dosnt like al the drive to it, it slips a bit. But Its still fun on gravel :twisted: . Have to find another 4wd wagon and make that rwd turbo
    all these great thread (this one included) is such a motivator to get me a wagon right meow..

awesome car...

(2 thumbs up)

Thanks man! once you get one you wont go back
    Picked up some new wheels this weekend, 16x7. I need to get some extended tophats and put my neuspeeds back in.
    87.jpg
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Arnt those the 16x7.5" ones off NZH?
    sure are
    I have a problem. tomorrow I will have wagon number 3. It is a 1990 intrac, everything works except the tranmny makes a bad noise. i'm not worried as ill stick a mnual in it
  • I want an LSD..... dang

Any pics of the new addition?
    I will have pics will be tomorrow, It has a beagle diff in it as the guy wanted it for the lsd.
    No pics sorry, I have lost my camera cable and the warranty people are mucking around with my laptop.

I am picking up some DA6 knuckles tomorrow and will source some prelude rotors (i have the calipers and M/c sitting in a cupboard.

The other week my right front cv exploded so its currently RWD

A quick vid of me in the gravel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5ZfpIkp5Q0

The thrust bearing is a little noisy and 1st 2nd and 3rd sinchroes are worn so one day ill pull the gearbox (I have a L3 gearbos in pieces)

while thats out I have a d15 that'll go back in. the original plan was to put this into my other auto intrac but I have decided to put it into this one. I have a set of vitaras, Revmaster Hbeam rods and a t28. still looking for some injectors. Ill probably get some 760's through work
  • Sweet vid!
    Not much of a update. Installed my half size alloy radiator in anticipation of the turbo, I removed the a/c compressor, condenser and half the piping in the bay. Heaps more room now.

Got a pic of my other intrac too
  • Whats that radiator for? EF?
    I need one at some stage to keep up with the B18c

The A/C is easy to remove, looks sooooo much better without it too, I have also semi tucked the loom for the headlights and all that as well, pretty easy to do once the bumper is off
    I got it off mike (Doot Doot on NZH). I don't think the full size rad will have a problem wit the b18c but time will tell, I'd go full size if I could
    Here are some pics of my other intrac. I'm trying to sort out the pics of the prelude brakes and will get them up soon
    I had a play around with the prelude master cylinder and found the booster was 90 degrees out. I went to the wrecker this morning and found a booster out of a accord that fitted the master cylinder, test fitted it in a shuttle there and it went in ok. I also found a mint parcel tray so I got that. Only problem is that it is brown and my interior is grey. Meh.

Started pulling the old hubs off so Ican put the DA hubs in. Ill put pics up when I find my camera
    Fcuk!! was not the CV that was broken, the splines on the driveshaft have completely been demolished. So now I have to find a new driveshaft. I took the one out of my auto 2wd and its the same length but smaller diameter so cant be used :(

Bugger
  • I have a pair of 2WD Manual ones sitting at my parents place if they would work? Pay for shipping and they are yours
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    I have a pair of 2WD Manual ones sitting at my parents place if they would work? Pay for shipping and they are yours

Sounds good!!
    What type is the inner CV? Is it the y shape or the ball and cup?