Billboard is BACK

Comments

• PrennroPrennro Council Member
    New OEM lights look great. I thought the ebay ones were designed to use the water to help magnify the intensity and brightness!? Hmmmmm.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Prennro wrote: »
    New OEM lights look great. I thought the ebay ones were designed to use the water to help magnify the intensity and brightness!? Hmmmmm.

LOLS... yes they were designed as a water reserve? in the event you get stranded. You can just pop one of those foglights out and take a sip...
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote: »
    You can just pop one of those foglights out and take a sip...
    Hahahahaha
    updates: i have none... but I have pictures!

I kinda missed #wagonwednesday- I was busy doing life things. Being an adult is impossible.

here are some photos from wagon Thursday.
    318.jpg

I like this photo because it looks like it was taken in San Francisco (which is an awful place that smells like pee- never go there.) But this photo reminds me of there...
    319.jpg

320.jpg

Also as far as life goes. I lost my custom made wedding ring surfing in San Diego. I tried my hardest to get it back. I thought with some media coverage my chances would be better. Nope.
    321.jpg

its a Long story, but this guy, John Hughes from theringfinder.com contacted me and he was super rad; he spent a lot of time skimming the beaches for my ring. No luck... That story in itself it so extremely incredible in how it all unfolded, but best told in real life. Anyways. No ring. I contacted Dodson's Jewelers in Spokane this week. They have found the design information from 4 years ago and I think they are going to remake it... (although they said it was done in Auto-cad and aren't sure if they can find the Auto-cad file).. This is all made harder by the fact that I live in Denver. Anyways... the price of gold has gone down. So if there is one bright spot in this saga- its that gold prices have gone down since I originally purchased it.

The reason I mention this- is because you never know. I'm posting everywhere and maybe someday- somebody will see my ring and return it.
    if i dont party away my weekend.... I will install these...
    26.jpg

27.jpg
    Well I got started... Finished Driver side. Then ruined my outer tie rod end (on the passneger side- really the driverside should probably be replaced too) during the removal of the the OEM suspension. Anywho.. Went to Vato-zone and picked up a replacement this morning, but it looks a lot cheaper than OEM. May use it temporarily and order new OEM tie rod ends via the internets.

Now Im at work. I hate cars.
    65.jpg

O speaking of cars. I also went to a car show yesterday. It was probably the best show I've been to... I think? Most of the hondas were shit though. Well really there were a lot of shitty cars- not just hondas. This new trend of making your car look like shit, I don't get it... Especially when you see them grouped together. Like spray paint. Tape. Zip ties. roof racks. lowered children's wagons on top. fenders beat to fuck. wheels too wide. dirty. I dont know. I would say the majority of the cars were destroyed. I was just going through like "nope... nope... junk yard it... nope... nope... nice!... nope... nope... nope.... almost!... nope... nope... nope... sex!... nope... nope... nope..."
    You get the idea. The ratio of clean to haggard was all off. But to each their own. fuck em.... let them live their life... Still a fun show!

here are some pix of my pile of shit.
    66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

Free beer. I love you Denver.
    71.jpg
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    Wagon looks beautiful man, and I agree all too much on the current state of "show car" affairs.
    Project buckets are not "show cars".....nor do car people want to see your Ebay bedazzled, primered pile of shit next to legit quality cars.
    usdm420 wrote: »
    Wagon looks beautiful man, and I agree all too much on the current state of "show car" affairs.
    Project buckets are not "show cars".....nor do car people want to see your Ebay bedazzled, primered pile of shit next to legit quality cars.

lols. Exactly, I'm not saying "project buckets" aren't kind of neat in their own way, but its weird when the trash cars out number the nice/clean cars.
    Finished?. The front rides great. The rear is squeaky? I know the Passenger side rear strut is blown- it was before I decided to lower the Element. So I will be ordering new rear struts--- Any recommendations?

Pix.

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

105.jpg

104.jpg
  • Kyb shocks have never let me down
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    I have KYB and Koni on two diff cars, I like the Koni better, but KYB is still solid.
    Kyb shocks have never let me down
    Thanks, that's what i have found during my research. They are recommended by all!
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    I have KYB and Koni on two diff cars, I like the Koni better, but KYB is still solid.
    good to know, but i did end up going with KYB...

UPS so good! Haven't installed them yet. Haven't opened them yet either- but hopefully they are not damaged.
    175.jpg

176.jpg

Element hit 123456!
    181.jpg

177.jpg

O also in unrelated news. I went to A-Basin on Saturday! it was awesome. But our bus broke down a couple of times. I was totally annihilated by the time we made it to the mountain.
    178.jpg

the snow was awesome!
    179.jpg

180.jpg
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Drunk BillBoard is best billboard!
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    Drunk BillBoard is best billboard!

I blame the bus. Broken down on the side of the road for too long... All we had was beer. I live tweeted the event- because it was so random and hard to believe... i was tipsy tweeting... good stuff. I kid you not- the bus broke down, someone came on the bus and said "does anyone have a sports bra, we're trying to fix the bus".......un-be-leave-able!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    lols. Exactly, I'm not saying "project buckets" aren't kind of neat in their own way, but its weird when the trash cars out number the nice/clean cars.

What bugs me worse than beaters is showroom fresh new cars. Hell, I can go to the dealer and see those. At the local cars n coffee last week there was a club with dozens of new chargers or challenger whatevers.
    bam-bam wrote: »
    What bugs me worse than beaters is showroom fresh new cars. Hell, I can go to the dealer and see those. At the local cars n coffee last week there was a club with dozens of new chargers or challenger whatevers.

Lols, yeah not very cool to see an all stock Charger, Challenger or Mustang...And then the people who own them think they are awesome!! Those cars do nothing for me.
  • Chris42192Chris42192 Band Wagon
    I just read this whole thread in 2 hours. :miserable: I have to say I am truly impressed with the changes this wagon has gone through. Its truly amazing.
    Chris42192 wrote: »
    I just read this whole thread in 2 hours. :miserable: I have to say I am truly impressed with the changes this wagon has gone through. Its truly amazing.

Thanks dude! thats awesome!

Reminds me 503wagon owes me 20 dollars... from page 1...

This weeks wagon challenge. Get your wagon filthy...
    [video=vimeo;127756271]
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    Kaya_n_Bane checking in from IG...winning this shit IF it rains lol
    I'll bury the bitch in a mud pool if I have to hahaha
    usdm420 wrote: »
    Kaya_n_Bane checking in from IG...winning this shit IF it rains lol
    I'll bury the bitch in a mud pool if I have to hahaha

Thats the spirit I'm looking for!!!!!!
    The Element is riding soooooo much better. New rear struts installed this weekend and they made a world of difference. Plan to take it in for an alignment soon.
    243.jpg

washed the cars last night.
    244.jpg

245.jpg

246.jpg

247.jpg

And Walter was in a mutts and models fundraiser this weekend... It was hilarious.
    248.jpg

he took a sit down at the end of the runway
    249.jpg

250.jpg

a star is born...
    251.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Your posts about Walter are awesome, he allways makes me laugh. ;):encouragement:

What suspension combo is that, not completely Eibach right?
    Vladi wrote: »
    Your posts about Walter are awesome, he allways makes me laugh. ;):encouragement:

What suspension combo is that, not completely Eibach right?

awesome, thanks!! Yeah Eibach springs come with the GroundControl coilovers.

No updates car wise (i did order some more suspension shit. rear sway bar bushings and some other things... More on that later), But went to A-BAE on Sunday and it was incredible!

405.jpg

Its the end of MAY! and the snow is awesome.
    406.jpg

Couple of pix on the way down the mountain.
    407.jpg

408.jpg

409.jpg
    I can't believe you're still riding...quite envious man. SoDak didn't get shit for snow this year and I only made it to Utah. Lucky duck.
    I can't believe you're still riding...quite envious man. SoDak didn't get shit for snow this year and I only made it to Utah. Lucky duck.

ya dude! just yesterday they announced they would be open till June 14th.... if not longer! how awesome is that!!!??
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    Cant believe youve still got one of those airblaster leg wrap things! Havent seen one of them in a few years haha. Sick your still riding theres nothing out here in cali
  • 388.jpg

You're inspiring me. I have a 1990 civic sedan lx with power windows, locks and mirrors. Wanting to swap into my 88 rt4wd.
    ya dude! just yesterday they announced they would be open till June 14th.... if not longer! how awesome is that!!!??

fuuuuuuuuuck. If we move to Steamboat, A-Bay better be open! I'd kill for a June ride!
    t9wagon wrote: »
    Cant believe youve still got one of those airblaster leg wrap things! Havent seen one of them in a few years haha
    Lols yeah- every time I go snowboarding people are like- what is that??
    You're inspiring me. I have a 1990 civic sedan lx with power windows, locks and mirrors. Wanting to swap into my 88 rt4wd.

yeah a bit of work for those mods, but it can and has been done. Allow me to point you in the right direction--->

Sedan power mirror swap: https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?11589-How-to-wagon-power-mirrors&highlight=power+mirror

Sedan Power window swap: https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?4313-Power-windows-and-locks-here-I-come!!!
    fuuuuuuuuuck. If we move to Steamboat, A-Bay better be open! I'd kill for a June ride!
    Lol yea! call me when you're ready to shred!!!
    Its officially official. If you don't already know; The wagon is sold. She is on her way to California.

When I bought the car, it had this old Polaroid pic in the glove box of an older couple in front of a civic wagon at the dealership, presumably in 1991. Anyways- I got out my Polaroid cam the other night and snapped a pic and put both Polaroids back in the car...

168.jpg

Bye lil wagon enjoy the Surf & Sunshine:
    169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

full disclosure: I almost cried.
    [video=vimeo;131014952]

I am currently on the hunt for a 84-87 Civic Wagon (preferably RT4wd). If you see one in your area or have one and want to sell it- please let me know...