prennro's new wagon

Comments

• PrennroPrennro Council Member
    rbwdriven wrote: »
    Any other issue after the split in the oil pan?

Not as of yet, but she is still up on jackstands awaiting a new pan.
  • Hope that pan gets in soon.

Totally looking forward to seeing the completed lower center console mod.

Oh, and super jealous of the window visors.
    Got my pan. It will be in sometime today! Then back to the custom upgrades.
    435.jpg
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Cool :encouragement: Can't wait to see some of this stuff installed..
    Well its been a long 4 weeks since an official update here on the forum. For those that follow me on Instagram (@prennro1), this will be a review.

When I last left the forum, I had FUBAR'd my oilpain.
    Thanks to 3rd4ce, I got a new one installed.

Next on the list was to finish this damn spoiler. A little more fiberglass, bondo and lots more sanding!! Final coat using duplicolor trim paint. It obviously wasnt done by a pro body shop, but will suffice.
    6.png

I also took the time to get some YR-88 Almond Creme mixed up in order to paint match my new Enkeis.
    Decided to try and paint with the tires still mounted on the rim for fear that remounting the tires on fresh paint, would have messed up the fresh coat.
    Scuffed them up with 320 paper, cleaned with alcohol, primered with Duplicolor self etching primer.
    Deflated all of the air out of the tires. Inserted 3.5 x 5 index cards between the rim and tire (overlapping each at the top)
    Added about 10 lbs of pressure back in each tire and then ran tape around the tops of the cards taping them all together.
    Mixed paint, reducer and hardner and sprayed about 8+ light coats with spray gun. Not too bad for an amatuer.
    7.png

After wheels and spoiler:
    635.jpg
    636.jpg

Something was still missing... Cut some custom decals to give it the "from the factory" look.
    8.png

Last but not least, detailed the bay with some cleaner, elbow grease and some shiny shine stuff in order to justify installing my grainy valve cover I have had for a while now.
    I still want to repaint some brackets and such, but makes me feel better about it being more presentable and reputable of my style.
    637.jpg

Next to finish some of the interior bits and install some of the hand-turned wooden goodies I have done over the past month or so.
    9.png

Also still need to finish my center dash pieces and change out my front seat upholstery fabric and install my underseat tray (Thanks BILLBOARD!)

For now, just daily driving her again to regain some confidence in the reliability department.
    This is awesome. Well played. I cannot believe how cool that VTEC solenoid cover is...
  • Always dig your style. Looks great!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Amazing cream
    Much wood
    So wagon
    1.jpeg

Love it man!
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    LOOKIN DOPE MAN! keep up the good work! thats crazy how the oil pan looked like it had a can opener taken to it
  • drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    I like your Wilwood calipers. Looks mean
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    Prennro wrote: »

Other Wagon Goodies that need to get installed
    372.jpg

From what car are the sun visors ? I am looking now for them, want to buy.
    They are from a jdm wagon. Tried to clean them up and remove old double sided tape by putting them in the Sun to warm up, uusing lift off adhesive remover, and rubbing the old tape off gently with my thumb and despite my gentle approach and care, managed to crack the right rear one with minimal pressure so i stopped. The things are so brittle I just put them back in the box. May eventually use them to mold if I can find someone to make a set. Definitely considering the price and hassle they're not worth it especially if they're going to crack and break installed on the car.
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    What kind of jdm wagon? So I can search them up..
    They are the same like in this picture?
    805.jpg
    Yes. I think they were an option on international civic wagon shuttle models. They may be an option on other wagon models as well but you will have to search. Good luck!
  • Aww that stinks that they are so brittle. Glad you got the oil pan fixed, that was crazy! I love the brakes and fine details such as the rims decals you made. Also the valve cover is DOPE! Can't wait to see more.
  • HeadBangerHeadBanger Band Wagon
    The photo of the car on the grass makes me think of an inverted Oreo for whatever reason lol
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    great handy work on all the custom dodads
    MANY UPDATES:
    Been living life lotsa other side projects so working on the wagon when I can.

EDM/JDM Roof Rack Bolt Caps
    Finally got a set of original EDM/JDM caps from Evan (a ton of thanks for the temp loan)
    I added some temporary tabs and mounted them in a cardboard form.
    Poured in rubber mold mix in order to make a negative mold.
    4.png

With the mold complete, mixed up the 2part plastic and filled the rubber mold.
    This took a few tries, but the 3rd time was a charm (set on the bottom)
    271.jpg

after some sanding, a test fit before painting:
    272.jpg

painted:
    5.png

Collapsable VW Jetta cupholder In-Dash Install
    Wagon center vent on top, cupholder underneath
    273.jpg

after dozens of test fits, trims, and shims:
    6.png

fabbed up a custom fiberglass tray for extra support and attached it to the wagon vent
    7.png

cut, stained, and cleared a matching ash grain cover and filler piece:
    8.png

Had to trim a little bit of the inside dash air vent on the left side to clear the left side of the fiberglass tray, but patched it all up and functions fine:
    274.jpg

Civic Wagon Concession Stand!
    275.jpg

Aviation Fasten Seatbelt / No Smoking Sign
    Had this for a little while, but after making my wooden sunvisors to work and clear the sign, I decided to install this as well.
    First a touch of grain:
    276.jpg

Made a bracket to work off of the rear view mirror mount, and after a lot of testing, found the correct wires from dash. Then ran wires up the drivers side A pillar, across the front headliner seam and wired her all up.
    9.png

Im still trying to finish up my lower center console.
    I have the wood molded, stained, cleared and installed. Doing the final layout some of the flushmount accessories (cig lighter, USB charge ports, OEM Clock?). Not sure what will be included, but will be finished soon.
    277.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Dude I love everything, but my favorite has to be that wood Lower console situation! So awesome!
  • Awesome stuff. Love the lower console but since I work in aviation mostly I gotta love the signs more.
  • Always awesome to see updates on this build! Good stuff man.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Great work! Great mods!
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    classy stuff
    Dude! I love the seat belt light. This thing is so awesome after all the changes you've made.
    Thanks all for the kind word of appreciation. Glad to see folks are still on the forum and still subscribed to my build. Anyway, I always have things on the "realiatic" to-do list, so happy to get things done, even if it has taken months to do it and post.
    I had a few upgrades completed that were not included in my recent WOTM feature, so adding them here since it has been a while since I updated my build page.

Lower EDM Console
    Finally finished adding some grain to my lower EDM console. I added a dual port USB, an audio input, and relocated the stock clock and cig lighter

Parts Collection:
    f9a5a2c6-6fab-4bd3-b558-1a96831eda3f_zpsf4d9d0b1.jpg

Templates made for fitment arrangement:
    189.jpg

Holes Cut:
    190.jpg

Mounted:
    191.jpg
    192.jpg

Civic EG Harness Bar Install
    I also had a harness bar laying around that I used in my EG on track days. After some measurements, looks like it would fit and using it for asthetics only, I could continue to use the stock seatbelts with some custom brackets.

Making brackets:
    193.jpg

Test fit:
    194.jpg

Paint matched and installed. TIGHT FIT!
    195.jpg
    196.jpg

Under Tray Install
    Finally, while seat was out, installed the undertray that I have had for a while using 4 self tapping screws.
    197.jpg

Next upgrades will be some more power, bay and engine dress up, addition of full AC system and Master Cylinder upgrade so stay tuned....
  • Awesomeness ensues! Great stuff Pennro!
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    RAFAU!

Yup yup
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    I can appreciate all the custom wood accents....:encouragement:
  • [IMG][/img]1907802_10202314697819555_9131217326621907852_n_zpsdd68ce5b.jpg

i like your wagon, this is mine, from tijuana :cool: