prennro's new wagon

Comments

• PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Thx Vladi! Got a long way to go into order to get in the same category as your wagon. Didnt rob a lumberjack, but got plenty of stockpiled grain in the garage that ive been saving for a while.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    This is not a competition man! But thanks, Really appreciate it.
    Oh i def agree, no competition here at all. Just stating the facts. Ha. I appreciate the complement and can appreciate the passion, hard work and attention to detail you put into your ride as well. Keep it up, as i will continue to do the same with mine.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Prennro
    im really not into but really liking the matching wood color ....

i might have another idea how to get more wood into your wagon .....
    Bill, I can stop whenever I want, *seriously* but I scored this gem online. Description stated "light wood steering wheel with a few cracks." Only a pic of the front, but took a chance, made a lowball offer and was accepted. Got it in the mail today and boy did my gamble pay off. It is almost 15" in diameter. The finger grips in the back were a total surprise and fits my 6 hole hub! So now have a new refirb project that I plan to fix, strip, and stain to match in order to keep as my final wheel.
    385.jpg

Wanted to start on it this weekend, but driving into the driveway last night, got a small shimmy in the right front.
    Pulled into the garage and then found this:
    2013-09-28_16-45-55_273_zpsef92bb24.jpg

Gotta not only replace the broken stud, but prob the other 3 as well as threads look damaged and prob wont agree with the aluminum Rays lugnuts too well.
    Therefore, the wheel refirb will be put on hold for the higher priority wheel lug replacements...
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Prennro wrote: »
    Bill, I can stop whenever I want, *seriously*
    LOL! I am familiar with that game. BUY ALL THE WHEELS!
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    I have the same wheel! way cool, I have never seen another one!384.jpg
    Another Wheel Refirbish

Started with an original EBAY diamond in the ruff that I got on the cheap. Turned out to be an Italian Nuova Raid 15" wheel with grips all the way around the underside. Had some cracking and minor blemishes that I wanted to fix, and while I was at it, wanted to try and darken the finish some in order to match my other stained grained pieces.
    385.jpg

Stripping and Sanding was very time consuming, but this CitriStrip Stripping Gel worked pretty well, especially considering it is safe to the touch and smells like citrus, therefore can be done inside. Still a lot of finger and elbow grease with a ton of sanding!
    285.jpg
    286.jpg

Detailed Sanding grips with delicate procedure
    287.jpg

After full stripping and sanding
    288.jpg

After Stain and Clear
    289.jpg

Final
    290.jpg
    291.jpg

Installed
    292.jpg

Comparison of Original and after fully stripped and Sanded
    293.jpg

Comparison of Original and Final after restoration
    3.png

I def will be keeping this wheel for good, so now I have the previous Personal wheel I restored, and the original wooden wheel that came on the wagon when I bought it. I will be placing them both on my yard sale page in the Marketplace Parts section.
    nstice wrote: »
    I have the same wheel! way cool, I have never seen another one!

Def a really sweet wheel. I was really surprised what arrived in the mail, and had not ever seen a simple, wooden wheel that was 15" and would work with the wagon hubs. One of my favorite upgrades, especially since it was one hell of a deal and a pleasant surprise! Like your horn button as well. Havent seen an OEM one like that yet.
  • OMG thats a beautiful wheel . came out amazing. great job
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    Dude that is beautiful.

Where did you get the citrus strip?

I've been using aircraft stripper, I guess I'm so used to it. The burn of the fingers that is.

Plus I wear gloves.

I use aircraft stripper for my bmx bikes. But have to hold my breath the whole time.
    RBW, Your local Lowes or Home Depot.
    RBW, Your local Lowes or Home Depot.

Greatly appreciate it.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Def a really sweet wheel. I was really surprised what arrived in the mail, and had not ever seen a simple, wooden wheel that was 15" and would work with the wagon hubs. One of my favorite upgrades, especially since it was one hell of a deal and a pleasant surprise! Like your horn button as well. Havent seen an OEM one like that yet.
    Its the same wheel but I was looking at the holes for the hub and there different. I like the black, looks good. The horn button is off a 78 accord cvcc. I had to shave it down to work inside the aftermarket one. I stumbled upon the wheel in a junk yard I used to work at. It was in a RV, I think that's why it was still there.
  • Yo nstice i want to do the same horn man can ya help a brotha out lol? Well after i get a wood wheel of course.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Turned out real nice! Good job!
    CW.COM, I NEED YOUR OPINIONS...
    Its been a while, but I have plans over the holiday break to *hopefully* do some more custom mods and get the wagon back up and running as a reliable daily. First step is to get rid of running spacers with the slipstreams, as they seem to be stressing the lugstuds too much and causing them to break off at the wheel/lug mating point. Was going to resort to running extended studs, but decided to keep my set of Enkeis. A test fit today and the offset clears the Wilwoods with no spacer. So the plan is to pull the knuckle, pull hub to replace the broken studs and replace the hub bearing in the process. Naturally, will do the drivers bearings as well.

Big question is, what color wheel should I run? Leave the silver, black, or matching cream? Im considering black, but may run the existing silver for now.

ANY INPUT FROM THE CW.COM COMMUNITY IS WELCOME

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg
    I like the matching cream personally. Everyone is running silver or black. If you go black, you should have cream accents on it such as a cream lip or something. Just my thoughts.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    You know opinions; everyone's got one. I never really liked the cream wheels. I don't know what to suggest though.
    I like silver. or tiffany blue maybe... where's photoshop when I need it??? I don't have photoshop at work anymore- has really made me much more productive- its the worst.
    Thx for the input so far...bill, ill prob put my amatuer ps skilz to the test b4 doing any mods. Gotta get my wagon wed entry for this week done first. Stay tuned...
    I'd say cream spoke silver rim.

everybody is doing black (too much black with tire as well) or silver.

I like the silver tends to make it a little different.

If you keep silver go with cream center caps.
    im ready for some updates????
    BillBoard wrote: »
    im ready for some updates????

He's busy making us stickers :)
    Yeah, im ready for some updates too! Got mucho poquito plans in the works. Had plans tonite to lay some fiberglass and didnt have any hardner to mix with resin. Will stock up tomorrow on a few things. Ill post some pics soon enough. Been busy with decals and wagon wednesday designs....all priorities. Ha
  • Definitely cream!
    Or black. You could always get a can of black Plasti Dip to try one wheel out first.
    Just a quick update for those of you that dont follow me on IG, 2 weeks ago and thanks to a 3"piece of broken off sign post, I now have a oilpan with a gaping hole in it.
    Thanks to 3rd4ce and the Florida Network, I should have a replacement pan here this week.

In the meantime, Ive been back working on the center console and got lots of updates I want to get done and included on/in the wagon this month.
    Ill post updates as things get completed.

Oilpan Canopener Incident
    40.jpg
    369.jpg

Center Console Work
    A little fiberglass mold, a thin piece of ash, some warm water, and clamps:
    370.jpg
    371.jpg
    10.png

Other Wagon Goodies that need to get installed
    372.jpg
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Awe-some! I can't wait to see what you do! That's a tough shape to mod / build.
    Holy shit dude.

any other issue after the split in the oil pan?