prennro's new wagon

Comments

• BrIaN_EE4BrIaN_EE4 Wagonist
    havent even taken pictures of the little things you got from me :disturbed: lol
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    BrIaN_EE4 wrote: »
    havent even taken pictures of the little things you got from me :disturbed: lol

There, there, I will as soon as i figure out how im going to finish them, i will post pics. Havent had time to wrench on the wagon in a while, but stay tuned!
  • BrIaN_EE4BrIaN_EE4 Wagonist
    oh you know im in for the long haul
  • Anything new for the wagon?
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I got excited because this thread was on top, but alas no updates???? I blame wagonguy909, you bastard!

lols I kid.
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    I got excited because this thread was on top, but alas no updates???? I blame wagonguy909, you bastard!

lols I kid.

Lol I'm hoping for some updates too!
    HA HA! You guys crack me up, but it is still good to know people are still following my build and in for updates! My life has hit warped speed since school has started back, so not many updates. But SINCEYOUWAS ASKIN, here is a sneak peak teaser:
    494.jpg
    Also in the mail is a double din ef crx console and a center arm rest with flip up top from an 89 sedan. Both are the wrong color and im not sure about fitment, but Im sure it will make a good foundation if i decide to break out the resin again...:devilish:once those are installed, I still plan to turn a matching ash ebrake handle..:encouragement:
    And since I cant find anyone to loan me thier EDM Roof Rack Caps for molding, I picked up this stuff in hopes to make my own.
    495.jpg
    I also need to finish the center caps I got from Brian, but still not sure what I want to do on them yet.
    Bill, still waiting on a lead for a matching light grained wheel!!!!
    Keep yall posted with pics and entries as I get things completed.
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    god I read that too quick.

I was wtf why is he making an ass brake.
    Aquired a few items:
    585.jpg
    Let the Fransteining begin.....Mwahahahah:devilish:
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Soo many cool ideas. Awesome.
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Awesome build thread so far! I've GOT to find one of those horn buttons for my '91 Momo in my wagon, so badass!
  • still <3 this build
    B-RYE, ur caps r getting a custom makeover this weekend, so stay tuned.
  • ive been staying tuned! LOL

cant wait to see what youre doing to them :encouragement:
    Started without any center caps on the Rota Slipstreams. After some research, it looked like some OEM Honda center caps may fit so pick up a set from BrIaN_EE4.

Before:
    21.jpg

With the stock silver caps in:
    22.jpg

Cut some custom Decals:
    23.jpg

I sanded the center caps down with 220 grit, then applied a few coats of Duplicolor Sante Fe Tan, applied the decals then a few coats of Duplicolor clear.

Final pic of them mounted up:
    24.jpg

Some final measurements:
    The OEM centercaps (OD is just shy of 2 3/4" and have honda part#44732-s87-a000) are a tight fit in the Slipstream center holes (~2 3/8") but do fit and work well! Thanks again to Brian for taking precise measurements and giving me a good deal. :encouragement::encouragement:
    Nice caps, wheels look better with them- like complete.

Those Willwood brakes arn't bad either ;)
    EF CRX Double Din Dash Console and Arm Rest Install
    (sorry in advance for the grainy cell pics. Working in the garage)
    After a test fit of mounting crx double din flush to wagon upper it did not fit flush. So after assessing the situation, I came up with a plan.
    Lining up and Hinging on the rear mounting holes (closest to the firewall) of both plastic pieces and rotating the rear of the new CRX piece down flush to center console, it fits perfect. Now just have to address the gap between the two.
    203.jpg

Got a pattern of the wedge-shaped gap using some wide masking tape:
    204.jpg

Then constructed some trim using some scrap ash, naturally! Test fitting before sanding and staining.
    205.jpg

Recovered the Arm rest with matching material, then prepped the CRX plastics for paint. First a plastic bonding primer. Then thinned down some of the custom satin brown and rolled on with a foam roller. Apply 2 thin coats and Bake in the 89 degree September GA sun for 2 hours!
    206.jpg
    Before on top, After on the bottom:
    207.jpg

Used some rivits and mounted the Arm Rest to the existing center console. Contours are damn near perfect:
    208.jpg
    209.jpg

Went with a new handmade shifter with the darker matching stain.
    210.jpg

All mounted up:
    211.jpg

Installed:
    212.jpg
    213.jpg
    214.jpg

Before and after Comparisons:
    215.jpg
    216.jpg

Still have to put in the extra double din and then will prob make a wooden piece to fill the lower gap below the 2nd din. Not exactly sure what to include in the space, but will come up with something to include a cig lighter, or just a USB plug or two for charging devices, etc. Not a priority, but I also will eventually pull out my rear decked floor, sand and restain with the darker color as I think the color goes better with the OEM wagon brown plastic.
  • OH MAI GAWD!! the caps look good man!! :love-struck:

i love how alot of the things on this car are one off.. i wish i had some fiberglass and wood turning skills lol
    Thx! Glad you likey. Matching e-brake handle is next on the turn list...
  • Great work, love the ideas and originality of some of the mods.
    At first I was like "im not sure how this dash lower console concept is going to look"... but wow! I think it turned out awesome!!
  • Prennro wrote: »
    Did a simple addition last night thanks to KNOTTY and his insight. Couldn't decide on which color so picked up some brown and cream.

323.jpg
    324.jpg

I really like this idea man!
    So I decided to pull the rear deck, sand it down to bare wood and restain it to match the new trim and shift knob.

All sanded down:
    276.jpg

After/Before
    277.jpg

After stain:
    278.jpg

Here is the final pieces together. Once I get the rear decking installed, I will add a final pic.
    279.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    What a combo! This wood work is just awesome. Keep it coming!
  • i still want you to turn me a knob and ebrake handle lol
    It can be done...pm me ur textable cell.
    Installed newly stained rear deck today. I like the darker stain look alot better than before!
    311.jpg

Reminder from pg9:
    539.jpg
    looking good in the hood! I would say even another coat of stain on the rear- get it a little darker?
    Thx bill! Thats 2 coats of stain and 3 of urathane clear. It is a tad darker, as cell pic doesnt do it justice, but regardless, Im not messing with it anymore. Gotta move on the next custom touch...:encouragement:
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Looks cool man! Did you rob a lumberjack?