EE/EF/DA Interchangable parts (Please Add)

Comments

• 90RT4WD90RT4WD Band Wagon
    EF front mud flaps fit wagon? They look very similar. I have yet to test them though. Figured I'd ask before wasting my time.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Front should fit, rears are Wagon specific.
  • 90RT4WD90RT4WD Band Wagon
    I figured they would. Wanted to ask around before wasting my time.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Can we get a change on the brakes. The RT4WD calipers are NOT the same. Cost me $100 to realize that its wrong.

Are not the same as what?
  • I think he is saying rt4wd calipers are different to fwd models
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    The RT4WD should have the same calipers as the Civic Si and CRX Si.

Also, there is a split between the 88-89 and 90-91 front calipers.
  • FreekFreek Wagonist
    Another steering rack question? Is a Wagon rack same as other crx hatch sedan?
  • Freek wrote: »
    Another steering rack question? Is a Wagon rack same as other crx hatch sedan?

It is covered in this thread, but yes.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    my new wagon had been hit in the hatch and wouldn't close. I assumed it would once i got a new hatch that was aligned better. Not the case. The latch mechanism on the chassis was damaged in the impact. It would latch, but you had to slam it really really hard. New EF HB latch did the trick. I roamed the honda section of the yard. They had a wagon, but some a-hole had already taken that one.

89 - 91 Civic HB hatch latch (on the chassis) = 89 - 91 wagon latch mechanism. (I can't verify 88') Exactly the same part.

EF Sedan - not even close, built into the trunk lid, not on chassis.
    Integra - again, no go, don't even try.
    CRX - Not sure. unverified.
  • 1987wagon1987wagon Band Wagon
    I have a 1987 wagon with the carbed motor.what motor will fit in the easiest? Any how to links?
  • Low_LyfeLow_Lyfe Wagonist
    I see a post asking if awd wagon gas tank works with the fwd, but are the civic hatch sedan and crx tanks the same?
  • quarters wrote: »
    my new wagon had been hit in the hatch and wouldn't close. I assumed it would once i got a new hatch that was aligned better. Not the case. The latch mechanism on the chassis was damaged in the impact. It would latch, but you had to slam it really really hard. New EF HB latch did the trick. I roamed the honda section of the yard. They had a wagon, but some a-hole had already taken that one.

89 - 91 Civic HB hatch latch (on the chassis) = 89 - 91 wagon latch mechanism. (I can't verify 88') Exactly the same part.

EF Sedan - not even close, built into the trunk lid, not on chassis.
    Integra - again, no go, don't even try.
    CRX - Not sure. unverified.
    Mine was the same, had to slam it. Got a bottle jack and a couple of bits of timber and pushed the inside of the trunk panel out. Works perfect now
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    can I use a hood hinge from a hatch on mt RT?
  • gtride05gtride05 Band Wagon
    So im in need of buying brand new calipers so while doing so I am replacing rotors pads and SS brake lines. From what I have read it seems I can buy all these parts from the hatch or sedan and it will all swap right over...this is correct? just need a solid yes or no. Ill go buy the calipers right this moment at the local autopart store (AutoZone)
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    gtride05 wrote: »
    So im in need of buying brand new calipers so while doing so I am replacing rotors pads and SS brake lines. From what I have read it seems I can buy all these parts from the hatch or sedan and it will all swap right over...this is correct? just need a solid yes or no. Ill go buy the calipers right this moment at the local autopart store (AutoZone)

Solid no.

In this instance there is no reason to guess as they should know wagon specific. Not to mention it depends on the model of your wagon, as there is at least two different brake setups, possibly three.

The only problem I've had with brake parts from parts stores, is they will sometimes sell you the 180mm drum pieces for the rear. The wagon is 200mm, and the same with all wagon models.
    Charb wrote: »
    Solid no.

In this instance there is no reason to guess as they should know wagon specific. Not to mention it depends on the model of your wagon, as there is at least two different brake setups, possibly three.

The only problem I've had with brake parts from parts stores, is they will sometimes sell you the 180mm drum pieces for the rear. The wagon is 200mm, and the same with all wagon models.

Mine is a 1989. It says on that 1st page that it is all interchangeable. My local autozone has much steeper prices on the wago compared to he other EF models. This is because everything they offer is not in stock n is s special order
    Also i am only replacing front brakes at this time. Not worried about drums yet.
    cricket cricket. I could really use some help here. Id like to replace my brakes tomorrow.
  • Just order the damn things. It's autozone they will return it if it's the wrong thing and it's only a day turn around between parts
  • FreemanananaFreemananana Band Wagon
    How about the front crossmember? I have an Innovative Traction bar for EF/CRX that I would like to put on a Wagon.
  • Had an accident at work. Laid my strut forks out in the bays and they Accidentally got ran over by a fire engine. Needless to say I need new ones. Are interchangeable with anything?
  • Had an accident at work. Laid my strut forks out in the bays and they Accidentally got ran over by a fire engine. Needless to say I need new ones. Are interchangeable with anything?

Didn't see a single 88-91 with the same forks as the wagon. Mine were designated with a VR and VL on them and where much thicker than the others. Just out of curiosity I check a 95 sudan and it had the same forks as the wagon. The EF's would probably bolt up but were significantly skinnier.
  • Hi I have a 90 Rt4wd, I think I can use crx si front rotors and pads. But the crx had discs front and back brakes are the back brakes same as front? Thanks any help would be grate.
  • debrisdebris Wagonist
    I have no head rests on the rear seat of my '88 RT4WD. Can I use anything from another Honda?
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    im sure youll find 2 rear head rests for your wagon in a heartbeat.
  • datdadoedatdadoe Band Wagon
    was curious if anyone knew if any ef manual window regulators would work in a da ??
  • RHD ed/ef sedan and hatchback clutch cables can be used on rt4wd wagons**
    Did this on my rhd wagon, sedan/hatch cable is 1" shorter but still operates perfectly on the wagon.
  • Hey guys, I need help! My windscreen on my 91 wagon just cracked, I found here: http://www.honda208.com/showthread.php?2427-88-91-civic-model-interchangibility-guide-(crx-hatch-sedan-amp-wagon) that wagon and sedan are interchangable? Did anyone try?
  • MLT2WDMLT2WD Band Wagon
    so the civic saloon has the same front brakes? ( i've gone through a 500ml bottle of hydraulic in a month.) need to know asap plz. VRT's in Dec and it can't be doing any good to my tire.
  • Buster_gtBuster_gt Band Wagon
    anybody know if sedan window guts will fit in a wagon door? i.e. regulator and crank