EE/EF/DA Interchangable parts (Please Add)

Comments

• ok. ived done it. and its a fact:
    rack and pinion= YES!
  • what about AWD system onto a 2WD chassis?
  • moebiius wrote:
    what about AWD system onto a 2WD chassis?

oh, i didnt thought about that. but it might be. just not sure cuz i have a 2wd.
  • Front rotors are different - 2wd vs. 91 RTawd.

The shop got the 2wd rotors from Advance Auto - they rubbed the saddle that holds the pads.

Advance Auto took the wrong rotors back and sent over the RTawd specific rotors over - they work perfectly.

The 2wd rotors are a bit thicker than the RTawd front rotors.

Advance Auto also told my shop guy to bill them for the time it took to change them!... wow.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i feel fuckin retarded i been looking for wagon headlights and all this time i just needed the same year from a sedan or hatchback! AGHH wonders of searching..
  • will the center dash vent part (with the clock) fit from other cars or were they wagon specific? sorry if thats been answered here
  • Mandalore88Mandalore88 Senior Wagonist
    My driver front window regulator finally broke. I greased it up but the handle just spins free.

I got a 4 door regulator and took the topmost part from the wagon (the section that actually bolts to the window) and swapped it on, this took some custom hammering.

If anyone has one for a wagon for sale let me know btw.
  • will the center dash vent part (with the clock) fit from other cars or were they wagon specific? sorry if thats been answered here
    i believe not. i tried it fitting one from a 4door but its more angled bit more than the wagons.
  • Very helpful list!
  • Wagon carpets are interchangeable? RT carpets seem a little different than the Wagovan? some one correct if I am wrong and they are fully interchangeable, year specific of course (e.g. passive belts compared to non passive)
  • Mandalore88Mandalore88 Senior Wagonist
    moebiius wrote:
    Wagon carpets are interchangeable? RT carpets seem a little different than the Wagovan? some one correct if I am wrong and they are fully interchangeable, year specific of course (e.g. passive belts compared to non passive)

I can't say for sure but I don't see why they wouldnt fit. Carpet is one of those things you can flex and pull to make it work.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The RT mats have a triangular piece chopped out of them.
  • civic_b20civic_b20 Band Wagon
    are the corner lights interchangable? if not do you know where i can get some
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    civic_b20 wrote:
    are the corner lights interchangable? if not do you know where i can get some

Read the thread, dont just ask. That question has been answered
  • so will 90 da sway bars fit a 89 2wd wagon, front and rear?
  • TheGmanTheGman Wagonist
    fishsticks wrote:
    so will 90 da sway bars fit a 89 2wd wagon, front and rear?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1311

Reading will set you free. :wink:
  • nujpereznujperez New Wagonist
    very informative! now time to go to the junk yard! :lol:
  • moebiius wrote:
    anybody know this one? i would love to have a RT4wd.

all i found searching was the RT4wd tranny mount has to welded into the 2WD chassis. what about out back?
  • Gumby29Gumby29 Band Wagon
    wow this is one great thread... good to know what is interchangeable between three models. props to you guys for the hard work and the trial and error works...
  • byrne_06byrne_06 New Wagonist
    This was mentioned but not really answered.

Are hood hinges interchangeable and also are hatch hinges interchangeable ? i got one of each that are broken
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Not sure if this has been covered yet. Haven't seen it but the hood hinges are wagon specific. Sedan, crx and/or hatch will not work with the wagons.
    It's not in the title but the "EG" or 92-95 civics outer tie rods are interchangeable with the wagons. I am running the outer tie rods from a 92 coupe on my wagon right now with no problems.
    Hope this helps.
    anyone know anything about interchangabliity on gas tanks mines dented to hell
  • mayamaya Band Wagon
    what can i use to replace the lock cylinders?
    ^ any lock cylinders that you have keys to from our generation eg and ek might work too / da/dc ect im sure thy aare all same dimensions
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    Ok ive read through this thread and didnt see anything about the gas cover release cable. Will one from a sedan work? The one on my 91 wagon is broke and I have a complete lx sedan that I can pull parts from. Oh and before anyone asks,Ive already gotten the stuff for power locks and windows. Thanks in advance. They are all the same...Thanks Bam.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    klum wrote:
    anyone know anything about interchangabliity on gas tanks mines dented to hell

wagon specific.
    H_civic66 wrote:
    Ok ive read through this thread and didnt see anything about the gas cover release cable. Will one from a sedan work? The one on my 91 wagon is broke and I have a complete lx sedan that I can pull parts from.

since you have the sedan to pull it from, find out! if you dont feel like it, check out hondapartsdeals.com and see if the part numbers are the same for the sedan and wagon.
  • ef_mcluvenef_mcluven Band Wagon
    Parts hard getting so hard to find
  • moebiius wrote:
    anybody know this one? i would love to have a RT4wd.

all i found searching was the RT4wd tranny mount has to welded into the 2WD chassis. what about out back?
    more searching found that you have to use the RT shifter set up... make or drill? mounts for the rear diff... and a center driveshaft support(?) has to be welded up but i don't see the point in doing that on a ~100hp car that wont have enough torque to snap the driveshaft. unless it's there for some other reason
  • jchen360jchen360 Wagonist
    Does anyone know or have tried using sedan or hatch window channels?
  • moebiiusmoebiius Wagonist
    ^^^that should work, I had the sAme idea, just haven't done it yet. On another note, antenna's are different from 88-89 and 90-91, 90-91 ones are wider, same mounting holes but wider as well as longer for the 88-89 compared to the much shorter 90-91 antenna