prennro's new wagon

Comments

• PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Minus the side markers and wheels, they are both really close. Muy Bueno!
    Major updates coming this month. Got a confirmation the wagon is to be featured in the Dec issue of Ohana Luxury Magazine so I will be trying to do a few upgrades and figure out how to get some pics in time for the feature deadline this month. Stay Tuned.
    57.jpg
    Also check The FOX Designs Etc page in the Vendors Section to see a few of my turned shift knobs
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    Damn dude you are a busy little camper.

Only upgrade I've done to mine lately is new/used weather stripping on drivers door.

got tired of the Artic blast though the window.
    rbwdriven wrote: »
    Damn dude you are a busy little camper.

Only upgrade I've done to mine lately is new/used weather stripping on drivers door.

got tired of the Artic blast though the window.

I need to replace the drivers side track in mine as window doesnt roll all the way up evenly, but not a priority atm.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Awesome as allways man.

Too bad the magazine isnt available here in the Netherlands, they should make a Centerfold poster from your wagon!
    A teenie tiny sneak peak from today. Sorting thru the 260+ images this week. Vladi, ive been promised a few extra issues, so if I get them as promised, Ill send you one

150.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thats awesome. Definetly going to have to get a copy of that mag.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    That would be cool man!
    Its going down. Take a look, as the bay will look a little different next time you see it.
    I also checked for those interested, you can get a one or two year OHANA subscription, or you can just order an individual issue. Was told it ships Worldwide! CLICK HERE FOR INFO.
    Yearly subscriptions are mid page, and the individual issues are at the bottom. Tell them Prennro sent ya!

15.png
  • I love checking back in this thread, you car has got a lot of cool individual touches!
  • Prennro wrote: »
    605.jpg
    606.jpg

I hope you don't mind me stealing your idea on this battery location :O keep up the awesome build!
    Not at all. Thanks for the credit. Post a pic when ur done
    Supercharger Install and Engine Bay upgrades

As I mentioned a while ago I was approached to have the wagon featured in Ohana Luxury Magazine.
    Then I learned that I would also be featured in the same issue as Tyrese along side of his customized
    Sprinter van. Pretty honored. Originally, the issue was supposed to go out before the new year, but should be out before the end of Jan.

I wasnt really planning on it, but this feature motivated me to expedite my plans and make the attempt to actually install the supercharger in the wagon in time for the feature. Those that follow me on IG, have seen the updates, but I have since neglected my build thread.
    I didnt take the time to take many pics throughout, but here's the few updated pics/progress.

Originally I was going to pull the motor to do the install, as I had aquired alot of dress up/aftermarket goodies to include/upgrade, but didnt. If I was to do it again, I would def take the extra time to pull the motor for the install. Would have saved a lot of time and aggrevation in the end.

First major issue was the previous room made by a BFH for the b series alternator pulley during the swap was not enough for Jackson double ribbed pulley mounted to the alternator relocation bracket that comes with the kit. After an air hammer, grinder, bondo and some paint, plenty of room for pulley and any future belt replacements.
    234.jpg

Next issue was fitting the blower/intake manifold to the head. Traditional directions have you bolt up intake manifold, then blower. There is not room to do this so I had to loosly attach blower to manifold and shoehorn both pieces together and align on intake manifold studs from the head, all while not tearing the IM to Blower gasket. After alot of cussing, tounge curling, and head stands, I finally got her lined up and tighted down against the HONDATA intake gasket.

With the blower and intake snugged up, there is not much room between the blower pulley and the brake master cylinder. I shimmed one side of the MC and carefully massaged a few of the brake hard lines to give a little bit more room. Still tight, but should work.
    235.jpg

I also had a small setback with mounting the AEM fpr to the AEM rail. In order to do so with the JR intake manifold, you must rotate the AEM FPR 90 degrees to clear. Thanks to my awesome followers on IG, I picked up a streetrays 90degree FPR adapter. Worked perfectly.

Next hurdle I ran into was the due to the extended intake neck of the JRacing manifold, which places the throttle body a bit closer to the passenger fender. With this limited space, I decided it was best to convert my fuel lines over to braid with -6AN fittings in order to give a tad more room. I also fabricated a lower block off plate to eliminate the extra coolant lines to the bottom of my new edlebrock throttle body. With the reloaction of the map sensor, I also made a block off plate for the OEM location on the top of the throttle body.
    5.png

Also dressed things up with some touch up paint, and installed some flat fender and valve cover washers.
    236.jpg
    237.jpg

It was a lot of work, especially considering the unforseen setbacks, and doing it all solo during any free time and late nights before, during and after family activities had subsided, especially considering the holidays. In the end, I met my deadlines I had set, and I hope it will all be worth it when Im driving it on the daily again.

Hopefully I can get a final ECU tune in a week or so. If all goes well and it doesnt grenade during the final tuning process, I plan to post up a few vids of it.

• slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Danggg!! That looks good! I didn't realized the Jackson was that tight of a fit. But looks like you got around all the small issues.

In for videos!!!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Bueno. Muy bueno.
  • Looks so good man!
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    This is great! Good work sir! Very nice write up as well. Clean.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    duuuuude, I bet that added a little pep in you wagons step!

in for video!
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    WOW!!! I have absolutely LOVED reading this thread...AMAZING creativity and skills. DEFINITELY a wagon to aspire to...CANNOT say enough, how awesome everything you've done is...Ill surely stay tuned on this build. In the mean time, I'll just be tryin to keep my jaw off the floor.
    Thx mike for the kind word and encouragment. Ready to get to stopping point and just enjoy it. Hopefully soon. Updates are coming as well so stay tuned
    FINAL TUNE UPDATE
    Its been a while since I updated my build thread, but I have been using every free moment working on the wagon and trying to get it running as optimal as possible after the supercharger install.
    After it was all said and done, it included upgraded Deatschwerks 550 injectors and intank fuel DW200 fuel pump, fabricating a Kamikaze-style header (after learning they were out of business) and modifying (as nothing bolts up to the wagon) a EF hatch SI HKS exhaust to fit the wagon, after 2 people with greddy SP1 exhausts would not ship.

Unlike RC injectors, DW uses thier own clips and had to be spliced into the harness. A small task considering the improved and efficient spray pattern that was evident after my final tune. I then learned that I would have to drop the tank in order to install The DW200 fuel pump. A pain in the ass but pretty straight forward. Just took a little longer doing it solo.
    Enough of my ranting, now on to the pics:
    383.jpg
    384.jpg

With plans of using a Kamikaze header to take advantage of thier short primary to 2.5" collector design, which is ideal for supercharged applications, I soon realized they have been out of business for a while and no one had one for sale. With the roots-style market dead, there is no other companies with a similiar design in the current NA or turbo market, so I just decided to attempt to make my own.
    I picked up a stainless racing header for a GSR application on ebay with plenty of material. I used the Kamikaze header off of my eg hatch as a reference. After discovering the stainless is strong as hell and even with tons of heat, will not bend very easily. So with my father in laws help, we pieced out the header I had bought and designed one from scratch. Due to the necessary bends, and collector alignment, we had to keep the primaries a few inches longer than I had originally wanted.
    Here is the build and the two for comparison side by side:
    385.jpg
    386.jpg
    After some VHT header paint:
    387.jpg

With the header made, next was the exhuast. The 3 inch exhaust the previous owner had on the wagon was ideal until the boosted exhaust at WOT was forced through. WAAAAAY too loud and ricey for my taste and I would not enjoy driving it to say the least. (I will put it up for sale if anyone is interested)
    After some research, I found an HKS si exhaust for a EF Hatch that I got with the obvious plans to modify with the least amount of fabrication possible.
    Had to make 2 cuts and 1 weld of the HKS piping and had to weld some additional hangers, but was able to run 2.5" piping from the header collector, all the way back behind the rear seats to a 2.25" reducer down to meet the HKS resonator and the rest the exhaust. Thought it may be a small limitation, but really glad it didnt seem to rob much HP, if any.
    I didnt take pics of what the angles looked like before, only alignment after.
    388.jpg
    392.jpg389.jpg

I also welded a flange to meet the downpipe.
    390.jpg

With the exhaust buttoned up, and bigger injectors installed, I set up a time with the tuner. Heres the final pull and numbers. Click on link to see vid:
    http://s1073.photobucket.com/user/prennro/media/General/20150316_145549_7_zpsztqibmuo.mp4.html

After fixing the idle, the first pull is in blue. The Final pull (video at link above) #s in Red: 241.70 hp with 170.83 ft lbs of torque
    391.jpg

Really only expecting 230hp tops, so excited for the #s. Now just looking forward to driving the wagon again and gaining some confidence in the overall build. Ill be adding some more small details in hopes my busy schedule allows me to get an opportunity to go to Import Alliance at the end of the month.
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    WOW!! That whine sounds so awesome! Helluva pull, man! Good stuff. Very impressive header build!

Thanks,
    Victor
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    Very nice numbers, but hearing that charger sound every day... I think I could not hold it for long :D
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    Honda should've done this from the start...nice work!
  • sohawksohawk Wagonist
    Hell yeah, let's hear it rip!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    This wagon has always been a huge inspiration for me. Keep up the great work.
    Thanks Abi! Glad to hear. You keep up your #WagonWork as well.
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    Doesn't look very fast, You need to make one more video with speedo ;)