Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Grats man, have a lot of save miles and keep the shiny wagon side up!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Vladi wrote: »
    Grats man, have a lot of save miles and keep the shiny wagon side up!
    Thanks Vladi! I'm having a blast driving the wag even though it's an auto.

Got more stickers from Mr.StickerMasterPrennro. Big thanks to him for hooking me up with some awesome stickers.
    577.jpg
    578.jpg
    579.jpg
    So in auto body class I've been learning the basics of welding. I gotta say it's pretty cool! But these welding skills will definetly help me get the ugly rust exterminated ASAP. The instructor told us that we could work on our own cars in the shop in July of next year so that awesome news.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    wago is looking pretty good... I would love to do some body work to my wagon as well, just no space honestly... But it sounds like you got the line up with your welding class! Are you also taking an Automotive Paint class?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    BillBoard wrote: »
    wago is looking pretty good... I would love to do some body work to my wagon as well, just no space honestly... But it sounds like you got the line up with your welding class! Are you also taking an Automotive Paint class?
    Thanks man. I wish my wagon was in great condition like yours but yeah you gotta have a nice amount of space for prep work and storing materials etc. I'm not a pro at welding or anything yet haha but it's definitely going to help with the progress with the wag when I'm experienced and confident enough to work on the wag. The welding is part of the course actually. We're going to learn everything about auto body collision, repair, and refinishing. Lots of on hand stuff. Also, they have like 3 paint booths and a whole bunch of other cool tools and stuff....
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Wheres the pic of tha switch!?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Prennro wrote: »
    Wheres the pic of tha switch!?
    My bad yo! Prennro strikes again!
    33.jpg
    I've been working on my steering wheel these past couple days. It's looking a lot better than before. I'll post pics when it's all finished up.
  • So funny I have a minion drift charm on my wagon. LOL
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    So funny I have a minion drift charm on my wagon. LOL
    Haha sweet! I have a Tampa Bay Rays ice cream cup from the game on my wago lol.

Found this pic of my wagon.
    53.jpg
    Finished up the wheel today! Took this quick pic before the camera died.
    54.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Mounted:
    68.jpg
    69.jpg
    70.jpg
  • Looks good!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    666DAN wrote: »
    Looks good!
    Thank you but the results weren't that good but it looks better then before.

Nothing really going on with the wagon but new stickers haha. Only new update is that my brother came down from NYC. He told me he was cleaning a building out and he found four wheels by a garbage can. Since he has no car up there he is going to give the wheels to me. I just have to pay for shipping. All I know about the wheels is that they are vaults and have almost brand new toyo proxes. Anybody heard of these wheels?
    280.jpg
  • Hey Swagon, Is this your first semester of school? I just graduated from the auto collision repair course here in Georgia, If you need any help let me know...
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Hey Swagon, Is this your first semester of school? I just graduated from the auto collision repair course here in Georgia, If you need any help let me know...
    Yes sir. That's awesome man. You find a job yet in the field? I'll PM you for sure when I need help.
  • TrevorTKTrevorTK Band Wagon
    Hey man love the thread and your build! I just picked up my first wagon and your thread got me pumped to go back home and work on it. Also its nice to see that I am not the only one struggling to find the time to work on their wagon.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    TrevorTK wrote: »
    Hey man love the thread and your build! I just picked up my first wagon and your thread got me pumped to go back home and work on it. Also its nice to see that I am not the only one struggling to find the time to work on their wagon.
    Thanks man! Glad to hear that this build thread was a motivation for you to get back at your wagon. Flipping through these old pages does motivate me as well to keep on working on the wago. But yeah no time like I had during the summer anymore :/ Get working on the wagon, make a build thread and get pics rolling yo!

Well nothing much has been going on with the wago just the vacuuming and washing procedure. But I maybe purchasing a sub and amp along with installation for a really good price...
    Sorry about your Rays. Still have the valvecover too...Holla!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Sorry about your Rays. Still have the valvecover too...Holla!
    Don't even mention it haha we're probably trading Price away we'll see how that goes but yeah after I get this sound system I'll let you know for sure.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Well, I was in an alley and hit a pot hole I didn't see and this happened. Going to fix it ASAP.
    457.jpg
    Also, I got a sub! It sounds awesome. Only con with it is that the sub is to tall for my cargo cover to fit properly. :/
    459.jpg
    461.jpg
  • I Love you build..and hey what is the model number on that yakima rack, I really like that one and stalked their website and I cant find one that looks even close to it! :disturbed:
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man appreciate it. I believe Yakima does not produce the Q-towers and wind fairing I have please correct me if I'm wrong. eBay usually has some around that are used you can check that out. Also, keep an eye on the parts for sale thread they pop up every once in a while.

Wagons alternator belt popped so bought a new one and got it in with the help of the mechanics on the other side of auto body collision were I'm at. They replace stuff for free just gotta buy the parts.
    139.jpg
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    I Love you build..and hey what is the model number on that yakima rack, I really like that one and stalked their website and I cant find one that looks even close to it! :disturbed:

What you're looking at is Yakima SST Towers with Y-17 clps. I believe and old school fairing. It looks to be the same setup as my rack, and yes, you are correct. No longer made. The SST towers are available on Ebay from time to time, but Y-17 Clips are almost impossible to find.

Here is mine to compare

140.jpg
    Glad your able to get stuff fixed and are still rollin. Put that sub in ur spare tire bay and put your spare donut on a rack on tha roof. All the cool kids are doin it...HA!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    What you're looking at is Yakima SST Towers with Y-17 clps. I believe and old school fairing. It looks to be the same setup as my rack, and yes, you are correct. No longer made. The SST towers are available on Ebay from time to time, but Y-17 Clips are almost impossible to find.
    Look at all of that info! Nice to know thanks simplyhonda.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Glad your able to get stuff fixed and are still rollin. Put that sub in ur spare tire bay and put your spare donut on a rack on tha roof. All the cool kids are doin it...HA!
    I wanna be a cool kid! No but really I want my trunk space and cargo cover back haha. I'm definitely considering this.
    Never used them, but we have these Pioneer underseat subwoofer things in Europe and even Pioneer subwoofers wich can be mounted inside a spare wheel. Maybe an option?
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Vladi wrote: »
    Never used them, but we have these Pioneer underseat subwoofer things in Europe and even Pioneer subwoofers wich can be mounted inside a spare wheel. Maybe an option?
    Sounds like a good idea. So your speaking of this?
    210.jpg
    Yeeeeeeeeep!
  • SPW wrote: »
    Well, I was in an alley and hit a pot hole I didn't see and this happened. Going to fix it ASAP.
    451.jpg

That same exact thing happen to my last week!..ugh!
  • where did you get your struts? I need them badly....
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    That same exact thing happen to my last week!..ugh!
    Haha man it sucked it jacked up my bull bar a bit :/