BTBAMMERS 1989 FWD BUILD

1235»

Comments

• AGREED! Im focusing so much attention lately for that very reason. I want to get all the interior exterior done asap so I can start saving and get a LEGIT setup powerplant wise. And done right.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    btbammer wrote:
    I also want to find a Yakima rack setup but everytime I find one im unclear on if it'll fir my car I need to figure out which clips and towers fit. That's my main dillema on that subject.
    Have you tried the online tools @ www.yakima.com ? That should tell you what clips and towers you need / want. It may be simpler to buy the clips and towers specifically for your wagon. Once you have those pretty much anything else should bolt up, right? (As long as you get the right width cross bars.)
  • Selling my SI's

Getting deez!
    177.jpg
  • ddxxeddxxe Band Wagon
    dude this is sweet build, i live in corvallis, i wana see this thing in person haha.
  • Hey thanks man :-) hopefully once the $ sucking season is over ill be able to do more.
    Not much of an update, moved last month, finally have my own garage! But now with the move/xmas/birthdays $ is non existent haha.

Once the craziness has ceased ill be able to get to a nw meet or two :-) with hopefully more updates!
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    Wow, its been awhile since ive been on here. Yea I saw the saab lights at work one day and was like those look just like the jdm ones. Maybe pay someonw to do it. Looking forward to more.
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    stupid phone..Double post sorry
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    Hey everyone , its been quite a few months since ive posted. Just checking in to say hello and update a bit. I wish it eas a good update but still no $$i and the eagpn has given me quite a few headaches..

It got to a piint where i almosy threw in the towel. But im not giving up!

In the past 4 months, ive had to clean and reinstall the iavc cause my throttle was going nutz! It helped quite a bit.
    The timing belt went out on me do had a family friend fix it. Luckily it didnt ruin my head.

I have a TERRIBLE leak. My hatch constantly has water in the spare tire well..i need to align my hatch and i need new weather stripping..
    So my car smells funky now and the windows are always wet inside the can 24/7. :-(i its really disheartening.
    And with the moisture inside its gotten into my headlught switcj so now my headlights wont turn off so i have to disconnect my battery constantly.. hopefully the weather gets better and i get some free $$to to finish some stuff..

To be honest im really unhappy with how my wagon has gone down hill :-(i but its my own fault.

But once those 3-4 things fixed all will be good.

Then its tint and paint!!!
    And new wheels.. ive done so much to this thing so far. Im not about to give up.

Thanks for reading. Wish i had more of an update.
  • BOBBOYBOBBOY Wagonist
    Good to hear your still hangin. The weather is getting better and the sun makes everything look better. would like to see new pics? Hope to see you soon.
  • BudmotaBudmota Band Wagon
    I have a TERRIBLE leak. My hatch constantly has water in the spare tire well..

Did u try drilling a hole where most of the water builds up?
  • mosdefbeemosdefbee New Wagonist
    Looks good. I need to get some extended top hats lol. Did you do any prep work like sanding? i needa repaint my driver side doors
    I just need to align my hatch and replace the weather stripping. Maybe drill a hole...

yeah I prepped. Sanded it all down, primered, painted, sanded, painted, clear coated, sanded, painted.

The tophats help so much. And theyre made the tallest possible before hitting the hood, paid $75 for the set of four.
    Bob, have made a build thread yet??
  • The wagon looks great , like the cut out for the front camber adjustment never even thought about doin that .
    Thanks man. I've had it for 9 months. And its been quite the journey so far. Once summer hits this thing is gonna get A LOT of much needed attention.
  • Update finally!! XD

So its been too long since I touched the wagon, in a good way..
    But finally after months I got around to giving it the attention it deserved.
    I decided to go all white. looks cleaner IMO.

Tomorrow ill clear coat and is weekend im planning in redoing my trim blk again

Tomorrow I'm also going to try to find a volvo lip for the rear and color match the bumper.

I forgot how much I live working on her!! XD feels good.

467.jpg
  • Looks good keep the pics coming.