BTBAMMERS 1989 FWD BUILD

Comments

• Get the bumpers painted too, it looks sick white! Wish i had the free time to get gnar stuff like painting done :(
  • Smells like updawg in here.

Cleeeean fender!

981.jpg

Also did a lil something >=]

982.jpg
    983.jpg
    984.jpg

Still a long ways to go and plenty of touch ups. Either way, it looks good :)I still gotta do the bumpers and door jams.

Couple lightspots, runs etc. All in all a success. Can't wait to cut and buff!
  • Im also going to redo the satin black hood, roof and hatch in high gloss. I think it'll look better.

This weekend ill be installing the clean fender and painting the rest of the other side.

Gotta have it done before nov. 5th!!
  • are you using a spray paint or a gun?
  • Rattle can. Primer/paint/clear.

Hard to tell which aye? Haha.
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    Damn dude, looking good.
  • Thanks!

I may do my door handles as well. What do you think?
    Thats up to you. I have white handles to install, gotthem when I got all my power stuff. I personally like the white handles but will have black as well to change if i want. Go get 2 and do those and see if you like it. Sedan handles fit.
  • Didn't know that. Hmm.. good info, thanks mang.
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    I think it looks good with the black handles but it's your choice. Car came out clean though either way.
  • epicbeatsepicbeats Band Wagon
    What type of spray paint are you using?and color?looks great
  • i used the same rattle can stuff on my circuit 8's comes out pretty good once it cures. i just gotta clear coat em.
    wagons looking good man.
  • epicbeats wrote:
    What type of spray paint are you using?and color?looks great

Thanks, its rustoluem high high gloss enamel. $3.77 a can at walmart :)I and crystal clear, clear coat.
    JDMWago666 wrote:
    I think it looks good with the black handles but it's your choice. Car came out clean though either way.

Thanks jdm, yeah, if you take your time spray cans can turn out nice. (As we both know) ;)

I have a decision to make
    1. white handles w/ black bumpers.
    2. Black handles w/ white bumpers.

We shall see...

Arrrgh the choices.. um.. luckily I have plenty of time to decide haha.
  • wago_90 wrote:
    i used the same rattle can stuff on my circuit 8's comes out pretty good once it cures. i just gotta clear coat em.
    wagons looking good man.

Where's your build thread? I posted on a thread you made years ago and didn't notice till after the fact :-/ I wanna see your car!
    and crystal clear, clear coat.

I have a decision to make
    1. white handles w/ black bumpers.
    2. Black handles w/ white bumpers.

We shall see...

Hey man, is called just crystal clear, or crystal clear clear coat? Ive been trying to figure out what people use for clear coat. Got a pic of it? White handles black bumpers...hmmm thats a hard one really.
  • Its called "rustoleum crystal clear coat"

Ill post up a pic in a bit.

And I know its a tuffy! Hmm..

Ill just leave it as a surprise I suppose :)
  • btbammer wrote:
    wago_90 wrote:
    i used the same rattle can stuff on my circuit 8's comes out pretty good once it cures. i just gotta clear coat em.
    wagons looking good man.

Where's your build thread? I posted on a thread you made years ago and didn't notice till after the fact :-/ I wanna see your car!

yeah i dunno what hapened to the rest of my pics but only the ones when i first got it are there. i have been through bootcamp and living overseas in guam but finally my father in law offered to drive it from CO to texas to ship it here so in dec ill have new ones but i dunno if ill have my konigs or circuits on it. right now its on crx phone dials. but ill let you know once its here and pics are up.
  • Duuude, painted bumpers and black handles.
    Stance nation civic wagons (you saw that thread right?!) He's got the bumper painted all the way down including the small lip. But i'd only say paint em all the way down if you have the lip on.
    /2cents
    Thats how my bumper is minus the lip, I really need a lip, Anyway no matter what you do im sure it'll look good. In all honesty it's really hard to make a wagon look bad. Ive seen them but very few. Remember this too No matter what it's probably been done already so dont really worry about that. Im taking stuff from all the wagons/sedans I like and mixing it all together, I have/had the idea of what I wanted. Your car looks dope and do what you really like. Hell, you can change it fairly easy by the looks of it already. Keep it up man.
  • OH BOI I DID IT..

1029.jpg
    1030.jpg

Whatch think!?
    comments encouraged :)
  • deee39deee39 New Wagonist
    looking good...how many cans of spray paint did you use?
    Nice.....I almost have a twin.
  • epicbeatsepicbeats Band Wagon
    Should have kept the lip and grill black in my opinion
  • BOBBOYBOBBOY Wagonist
    wagon looks great, nice lip. did you get the rear lip? need to fill and move the lic plate. Just my opinion. See it on the 5th. hope Steve put in for sunshine.
  • H_civic66 wrote:
    Nice.....I almost have a twin.
    Haha yep :)
    deee39 wrote:
    looking good...how many cans of spray paint did you use?

I used 4or cans of primer 2 of clear and six cans of gloss white. I still have plenty to do so probably about 2-3the more cans till its finished.
    epicbeats wrote:
    Should have kept the lip and grill black in my opinion
    I figured since I painted my side skirts I should do my lip the same so it flowed better. Still have the back bumper to paint as well. As for the grill I still may make it black, we'll see.
    BOBBOY wrote:
    wagon looks great, nice lip. did you get the rear lip? need to fill and move the lic plate. Just my opinion. See it on the 5th. hope Steve put in for sunshine.

Naw the dude that was supposed to get it to me didn't yet, but ill see him Tuesday so hopefully I ll have it done before the fifth.

I dunno how to fill the holes. And I don't have a press brake to mount my plate :(As I agree though it need to be mounted somewhere else.
    There is a diy on here about filling the holes. Cant remember where or who though. I agree do the grill black, Then it'll flow really good and have contrast. Nice work.
  • lols do you guys get pulled over for no front license plate?
    I took mine off the day i put the title in my name and i haven't been pulled over since.

On a ligher note, dude, legit job on the rattle can paint job! Shit's getting real ;-)
  • Ill have to search that DIY cause it needs to get done. Also im gonna try and just find a plate relocator.
    Ill probably do the grill soon, I still have work to do paint wise. Its about 2/3rds finished. Quite the project I've started haha. But it does look so good IMO. Im loving it.

And yeah the plate thing is a pretty fast way to draw bad voodoo from the cops here in eugene. They'll pull you over if you have one of tour license plate lights out, they'll bust ya. Pretty lame.

But thanks alot guys, im glad it's getting good reviews, the wagon has came along way.

Things to come:
    Rear Volvo lip/paint bumper
    Tint (done by me)
    Repaint hood/hatch/roof
    HIDs/fog lights

Interior.

Never ending list haha. But I love it :)
  • I want to try the saab side marker light thing, I went and checked them out. But im super protective over my fenders now. Lol and for good reason. Cutting into them doesn't really sit well with me.

I also want to find a Yakima rack setup but everytime I find one im unclear on if it'll fir my car I need to figure out which clips and towers fit. That's my main dillema on that subject.
  • btbammer wrote:
    Never ending list haha. But I love it :)

Dude i'm totally in the same boat! Its always a never ending list of stuff i want to do.
    (not gunna go into details in your thread)

Hopefully you can get rid of that b2 thing so you can pop the hood ;-)