1996 RD1 Honda CRV now 1998 Manual CRV

Well I couldnt resist, was a $1 reserve auction on trademe (NZ's version of eBay essentially) on this CRV. Ive sort of been looking for one for a while now but always wanted a Manual facelift one.
This is a PFL Auto.

Plus side is it only has 121,000kms and is otherwise pretty good condition. Also it is a JDM model rather than a NZDM which means it comes with:
-factory Privacy glass (darker tint that legal in NZ, but let off because its part of the glass)
-Little bit more power
-Nice bullbar with PIAA spot lights
-Factory Navigation (doesnt work) with CD and a TAPE PLAYER!!!! which I will replace if I keep it

At this stage I am considering fixing the damage and selling it again to make some money then buy a Manual one. Or I may just keep it as its quite a nice car, also has a tow bar which is useful.

103.jpg
104.jpg
Tape Player!! :lol:
105.jpg
106.jpg
107.jpg
108.jpg

So now I have 3 Hondas........ :lol: its actually nice having a non lowered car, pics from offroad expedition tomorrow

Comments

• Mr GMr G Wagonist
    Nice find, Now you just need to vtec swap it and youre set to go. :D
  • Wouldnt bother since its Automatic. If I end up trading it on a Manual one then perhaps.
    Plus I already have a Type R Integra and a VTEC Shuttle, dont really need the trifecta :lol:
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Nice score! Looks cool. I like your JDM options we don't have here. My wife & I have put 230,000 on our CRV in 12 years. Great cars. The wagon's big brother. That nav system is sweet!
  • Im actually really enjoying it! Didnt think I would with it being Auto but it doesnt bother me at all. Went offroading this morning which was fun.

SatNav doesnt work sadly, needs the disc and even then will only work in Japan. Also the CD player doesnt work, wont read any CD's. What I did find is that the bottons next to the sat nav pop off and can be used as a remote control for the stereo by anyone in the car, random!
    Will be removing it an replacing with a Non-Satnav equipped dash/stereo peice so I can it a aftermarket CD player.

Heres some pics for today's little adventure:
    126.jpg
    127.jpg
    128.jpg
    Track was like this for about 10-15kms, mostly hard sand with a few soft spots
    129.jpg
    130.jpg
    131.jpg
    132.jpg
    Then went up into the hills and got muddy:
    133.jpg
  • Good to see it being used like it should, looks good dirty!
  • Still learning its limits, didnt want to get it stuck on the first outing :lol: felt the 4wd kick in a few times in the sand and certainly notice it on gravel roads, very stable.
    Tyres are fairly worn so not much tread, if I end up keeping this one I will put some new ones on, currently has 205/70/15 so may go to 215/70 or maybe 215/75 if they will fit.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Well....

again...

You NZers... Are really out to make me want to move down there...

& You SUCK!!! J/K.

GREAT Find.. NICE Ride..

Enjoy it..

:D
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    you guys in nz get all the cool cars and trucks. i want a hilux. the commercials are funny
  • Do it, you wont regret it!

Wasnt really a "find" there are millions of CRV here, like go for a drive into town and you will see at least 3. Was more just a good price.

Have a Mugen Grill and Muffler sorted for this/a manual CRV. Also might get some Bilstein shocks, they are currently in a CRV that is lowered 60mm which I dont want, so If I can use them and retain OEM ride height then I will get them.
    Also getting new boot carpet as this one is stained and a couple other trim peices which are damaged.

Basically will be fixing the dents and advertising it for $6250, if it sells it sells if it doesnt I will keep it
  • Was just giving this a clean and having a good look over it and on top of the OEM picnic table in the boot that I knew about I also found that the seats fold flat into a bed! How cool is that!
    146.jpg
    Im starting to like this car more and more.
  • Old SkoolOld Skool Council Member
    Looking good.. I grabbed some parts from Chris for my buddies crv.. Red hazard, clock with temp sensor, monsoon guards, pwr folding mirrors and the interior grab bars :)
    I like how u have the type r and shuttle in the pic :)
  • Im grabbing a some Mugen bits off him, you may have seen a Dark Blue CRV at Strongs with the Grill and Muffler.
    Might be keen on one of those clocks, will send him an email on Monday asking about one.

Haha yea its my collection, also behind it is my soon to be ex flatmates Accord SIR-T. Out the front is the Caldina and a Hyundai Work van. 6 cars for 3 people, soon to be just me and my GF though so will be down to 4
    4.. That's not that bad.. I cut down a little...only 11 now :lol:
  • One of my Dads friends has a few commercial buildings and an orchard. He has 42 at last count :lol:
    If I had a bigger property/shed I would have more.

You enjoying your NZ trip? Was going to say i you head down Bay Of Plenty way at any time send me a PM.
  • i wish we had trails like that here around my town....looks like so much fun!
  • We have lots of trails but most are a bit more extreme. This one is about 10mins from my house.
    This pic shows the area a bit better:
    147.jpg
    Basically beach on the right, Airport and farmland on the left.

This is what some of my friends get up too, somehow dont think a CRV will manage :lol:
    155535_178797305466483_100000086431814_646221_2647258_n.jpg
  • i'd totally try that in the wagon...totally
  • It was over the bonnet of that Hilux and it got stuck.
    Its got a body lift and suspension lift, 33" tyres and a N/A 2JZ, makes good noises.
    In a wagon I suggest you hit it at pace :mrgreen:
  • NZ-DB8R wrote:
    It was over the bonnet of that Hilux and it got stuck.
    Its got a body lift and suspension lift, 33" tyres and a N/A 2JZ, makes good noises.
    In a wagon I suggest you hit it at pace :mrgreen:

haha. 55mph here i go!
    NZ-DB8R wrote:
    One of my Dads friends has a few commercial buildings and an orchard. He has 42 at last count :lol:
    If I had a bigger property/shed I would have more.

You enjoying your NZ trip? Was going to say i you head down Bay Of Plenty way at any time send me a PM.
    The trip is over :( got back home yesterday. Now I'm waiting for my crates of goodies from strong :)
  • Next time then^
    I went and checked, my one already has the clock with temp display. Hadnt even noticed :lol:
  • Took this for a drive up the Forrest today with my Girlfriend to a Place called Lake Tarawera then followed by Tarawera Falls (with a few detours to test the 4wd)
    395.jpg
    396.jpg
    397.jpg
    Picnic at the lake:
    398.jpg
    Got the CD player working too:
    399.jpg
    Looks like fun :)? Didn't pull out the picnic table :)
  • I wanted to but apparently it was "freezing" so in the back out of the wind it was :lol:

Have a few little trips planned with this, while the weather is still warm so Im sure there will be an oppurtunity
  • Looks like this is now sold :( Have someone coming down next weekend to have a look.

But that means I can now find a Manual one like I had planned all along :mrgreen:
  • igorigor Band Wagon
    Nawww. :( Fingers crossed you find a Manual one. :)

Lake Tarawera is a really nice place. Need to get back there sometime. :)
  • New Zealand looks like a ridiculously amazing place to live. These pics have me jealous.

Hate to see such a clean CRV go, but I'm sure your manual one will be just as nice. Good luck on the search.
  • There are Manual ones for sale right now, just not in either a colour I want or a condition I would accept.
    Im in no hurry and they are out there as I missed out on a perfect Black 98 one a few weeks ago, couldnt afford it at the time.

New Zealand is a great place, like anywhere it has its problems but thats the world we live in
  • You know my wife and I were both hating the fact ours was an automatic, but 3 years later she loves it even more. Been trying to get her to buy something new for the longest time but it isn't happening. The automatic is even better when you have a crazy three old in the back driving you nuts.
  • Haha I personally dont mind the Auto but would prefer a Manual as I have a few parts stashed away that I feel would be wasted on an Auto (performance parts)

Plus my girlfriend is keen to learn Manual a bit better but isnt confident in either the Shuttle or Integra (due to ride heights and seating heights), thankfully dont have a child to be bouncing around in the back :lol:

But it is nice to get into after a long day at work, throw it in D and away you go