1996 RD1 Honda CRV now 1998 Manual CRV

Comments

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Beautiful spot! Wow...
    Mugen grille is ok, i think it flows well with that brush guard you have.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Yea it does due to the way I modified it. I had to trim a strip off the Chrome part of the guard to allow the grill to fit, they now sit flush with each other.

Yep it was a perfect day, not a cloud in the sky and the sea was flat (can sometime be decent surf at that beach)
    Just another beach shot from this weekend

323.jpg
    P1020555 by db8.typer, on Flickr
    Its time to get into some real mud!
    wagodizzle wrote: »
    Its time to get into some real mud!

Its summer time, mud is scarce around here right now!
  • avjoeavjoe Band Wagon
    You still planning on installing those springs Andrew?
    Which ones? I have a couple sets.

Going to see which way I decide to go with wheels/tyres before I decide on suspension
  • avjoeavjoe Band Wagon
    But you're defiantly raising it right? Just saw the set you got late last year which you were looking for 1.5" lift with the blitzens?

Got any further thoughts for wheels? Loved the white ones (can't remember the details lol) you had on nzh
    Maybe, like I say Im yet to decide. Any higher and it would be more difficult to load the Kayaks/Bike.

Beauty of CR-V's is that parts are so cheap as there is less demand for them so you can pick and choose what you want
  • avjoeavjoe Band Wagon
    id love one like yours. but theres no way thats happening :(
    Haha its nothing special! My first one was only $3900, wont get a facelift manual one for that though
  • Have been playing with suspension, rear is done but front is waiting as one of the spring seats had snapped. I have a new one on the way thanks to a friend so hopefully will sort the front out next week.

I have played around with some other stuff. I recently ordered some LED interior lights off eBay with the intention of replacing the incandecent center lights in my ITR and CR-V.
    But I decided to test out an idea, I pulled apart a spare map light and installed the LED in there like so:

Pulled light apart and removed the lamp cover and installed the LED
    155.jpg
    With the cover on
    156.jpg
    Installed
    157.jpg
    And going, much better
    158.jpg

They are just jammed in there, perfect size that they press in and dont move around once assembled

This is OEM rear next to Bilstein with RS*R lowering spring
    159.jpg
    This is OEM rear next to Bilstein with Cobra Lift spring
    160.jpg
  • Suspension and tyres are sorted:
    446.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    spectacular! looks incredible! *golf clap
  • Thanks Bill! Its just embarrassing to show the rear with its silly little OEM wheel/tyre on there!
    Sadly the OEM hardcover's zip is broken so I cant put that on either :( I have the 5th tyre in the garage waiting for a rim to put it on though

Im heading to town shortly to get the rear exhaust section replaced as its rusty, after that I can install my Mugen Muffler finally
    looks awesome man!
    i just got a $30 ebay vinyl spare tire cover that looks OEM. maybe you could do the same?
  • Might have too, I have a spare tyre (bought 5) but would really like a 5th wheel.
    I paid for one and everything then 3weeks later when I ask how far away it is he replies with "enkei says they are a custom size and require 40 wheel order to produce them, we will have to refund you" :(

But I am searching as there must be one in stock somewhere

In other news my Mugen muffler is fitted, Mugen sure knows how to make a good sounding exhaust.
    Also have had two people offer to buy my wheels in the hour I was in town getting the exhaust flange replaced
  • Went for a 500km drive today to the otherside of the country and back (New Zealand is pretty narrow) to a place called Raglan which is a well known surf spot. No waves today though
    585.jpg
    CR-V at Raglan by db8.typer, on Flickr
  • Here is a before and after

Before:
    589.jpg
    After:
    590.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    love the tail light with clear sections and exhaust looks good from that angle .....

looks like you removed the chrome fog lights.....

i installed that same crv map light in my RA1... did a single led replacement but like the way yours turned out better ...
  • I will get a better pic of the exhaust when I clean it, still has a lot of carbon build up from previous owner and I got excited about putting it on and didnt clean it (didnt have any metal polish left either).

Yea the driving lights are gone, I didnt like them sitting on top. I will get some smaller ones and mount them either side of the numberplate at some stage.

I havnt driven the CR-V at night since I did the install so I havnt had a chance to use them but it should be much better. They are cheap off eBay too for those SMD LED, I got three with the intention of doing center lights in my two cars and my Girlfriends car but her one missed out when I decided to do this
    This V turned out so awesome. If only i could catch up to you :P
  • Ha its nothing too different from yours, just different style wheels that set them apart really.
    Its the spoiler and roof rails i'm really jealous of. And that yours is manual, and... runs.... ha!
  • Spoiler are easy enough to source arnt they? Roof rails I just take for granted, most JDM wagons have them.

Manual is the hard bit to find anywhere I think, took me quite a while to find this one
  • r8edmr8edm Wagonist
    Looks great at the new height and wheels looks spot on :encouragement:
  • Thanks Dieter, I feel it still needs some 15mm wheel spacers but for now I'm happy. My 5th wheel is on its way from Japan currently so I should have that in 2weeks.

Next big (expensive) part will be panel and paint, fixing all the dents from the previous owner. I am also probably going to get the bumpers partly painted like so:
    679.jpg
  • Fitted my Honda Access Cargo net today, still havnt worked out all the configurations as there are hooks on the back of the rear seats and also up behind the tail lights
    761.jpg
    Finally got the CR-V a bit dirty, its been hard as we have a drought across most of New Zealand at the moment, hasnt rained in a Couple months:
    262.jpg
    P1020698 by db8.typer, on Flickr
    You can see the Mugen Twinloop Muffler here, spare wheel is a 98spec one until the 5th Enkei Arrives:
    263.jpg
    P1020700 by db8.typer, on Flickr
  • avjoeavjoe Band Wagon
    How was it off road compared to the other wheels and tyres?