EE/EF/DA Interchangable parts (Please Add)

Comments

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    it will
  • awesome!
    thanks
  • ok, another question, will any ef m/t pedal assemblies fit in the wagon? or do they need to be wagon specific?
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    it will fit, but the wagon ones are slightly different (taller) then the hatchback or sedan.
  • would the front and rear spindles off a da convert over to a 4wd? and would you need to change or customize the axles?

btw: i have two speedometer wires, if anyone need one hit me up
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    ok, another question, will any ef m/t pedal assemblies fit in the wagon? or do they need to be wagon specific?

The pedal assemly IS wagon specific. You may be able to make the other ones work if you also use the different cable and leave out the HVAC ducts...
  • thanks for the info guys
  • what about my question
    jpoopoo wrote:
    would the front and rear spindles off a da convert over to a 4wd? and would you need to change or customize the axles?

btw: i have two speedometer wires, if anyone need one hit me up

Front- I'm not sure on a 4wd. Yes on a 2wd, but needs camber correction.
    Rear- No.
  • Front- I'm not sure on a 4wd. Yes on a 2wd, but needs camber correction.
    Rear- No.

would the axles need to be customized or the da ones work?
    Dseries axles for D
    Bseries for B (outer end is the same.)
  • EF wagonEF wagon Band Wagon
    ok this is NOOB question but is the wagon consided a more of a sedan or hatch?
  • I'm curious on a couple things here. 1 is the dash, what would I have to do to make a CRX dash fit in my wagon or a sedan dash for that matter? 2 What about the rear disc? Do I need CRX si rear disc setup or what?
    bam-bam wrote:
    ok, another question, will any ef m/t pedal assemblies fit in the wagon? or do they need to be wagon specific?

The pedal assemly IS wagon specific. You may be able to make the other ones work if you also use the different cable and leave out the HVAC ducts...[/quote:2458m0ph]this is incorrect bam, I just swapped my pedals out with some from a 91 CRX si. They bolted in with no problem and I used my cable and kept my A/C ducts in. I just did this 2 days ago.
  • udubrx7udubrx7 Senior Wagonist
    this is incorrect bam, I just swapped my pedals out with some from a 91 CRX si. They bolted in with no problem and I used my cable and kept my A/C ducts in. I just did this 2 days ago.

You may have successfully done that, but I'm going to go with Bam on this one. I replaced my pedals a few years ago after the clutch pivot broke, and I went through 3 different EF pedal sets until I found one that would work. Even then, I had to cut a bunch of bumpstop off the end of the clutch cable to get it to actuate properly. Changing the pedal set can lead you to have to use a different clutch cable! I also haven't been able to use the old AC duct. So let it be known that some will swap right in, and some just won't!
  • tapia831tapia831 New Wagonist
    probably dumb question but im swaping an ls n wondering if b series engine mounts n shift linkage for an ef would fit my wagon
  • udubrx7 wrote:
    this is incorrect bam, I just swapped my pedals out with some from a 91 CRX si. They bolted in with no problem and I used my cable and kept my A/C ducts in. I just did this 2 days ago.

You may have successfully done that, but I'm going to go with Bam on this one. I replaced my pedals a few years ago after the clutch pivot broke, and I went through 3 different EF pedal sets until I found one that would work. Even then, I had to cut a bunch of bumpstop off the end of the clutch cable to get it to actuate properly. Changing the pedal set can lead you to have to use a different clutch cable! I also haven't been able to use the old AC duct. So let it be known that some will swap right in, and some just won't!
    so are we gonna chalk it up to just maybe it will and maybe it won't? I guess I got lucky.
    That's what I would say, I had two from EF's that didn't work because the position of the clutch pedal pivot made it impossible to attach the cable. So maybe if you have the same model/trim level clutch cable and pedal assembly it would work?
  • what about a 4 door dash in a wagon? even with some modding.
    I know for a fact that the place where the door panels meet the dash is shaped differently. I put a sedan door panel in my wagon and I have to pull the door shut hard to get it to close all the way cause it smushes two pieces of interior together. It might go right in if you use the sedan front door panels also? Can anybody confirm this?
  • udubrx7 wrote:
    I know for a fact that the place where the door panels meet the dash is shaped differently. I put a sedan door panel in my wagon and I have to pull the door shut hard to get it to close all the way cause it smushes two pieces of interior together. It might go right in if you use the sedan front door panels also? Can anybody confirm this?
    what are you trying to tell me?
    You asked if a sedan dash would go into a wagon. I'm telling you that I put sedan door panels in my wagon, and they were not compatible with the wagon dash when the door closes they smush against each other. That means that if you put in a sedan dash, you would have weird gaps in between the wagon doors and sedan dash when the doors are closed. BUT I think if you use sedan door panels with the sedan dash, it should work seamlessly.
  • udubrx7 wrote:
    You asked if a sedan dash would go into a wagon. I'm telling you that I put sedan door panels in my wagon, and they were not compatible with the wagon dash when the door closes they smush against each other. That means that if you put in a sedan dash, you would have weird gaps in between the wagon doors and sedan dash when the doors are closed. BUT I think if you use sedan door panels with the sedan dash, it should work seamlessly.
    so the sedan door panels worked out okay? If thats the case I'm willing to try the dash. what about the rear panels? I know where there is a sedan with all the interior.
    They work fine except for the part that meets up with the wagon dashboard when the door is closed. You might also want to grab the lock button rod out of the sedan, I think you'll need it or else the wagons rod will make the button poke too far out of the panel even when locked. It makes it look unlocked even when its locked, not really a big deal though the lock mechanism still works normally.

Why do you want a sedan dash?
  • udubrx7 wrote:
    They work fine except for the part that meets up with the wagon dashboard when the door is closed. You might also want to grab the lock button rod out of the sedan, I think you'll need it or else the wagons rod will make the button poke too far out of the panel even when locked. It makes it look unlocked even when its locked, not really a big deal though the lock mechanism still works normally.

Why do you want a sedan dash?
    my dash is scarred, plus I'm thinking of when I do my power lock and window setup I can take the door panels as well. From there I'll adjust my interior. blue and tan does not go good together. maybe I'll just rethink this idea. blue and tan on the inside would not look good, but even worse with brown exterior and blue interior. oh well.
    Well you could always spray paint the interior. I'm gunna spray mine black pretty soon.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    ok my question is on the tail lights..??
    anything compatible or after market .. :?:
  • udubrx7 wrote:
    Well you could always spray paint the interior. I'm gunna spray mine black pretty soon.
    yeah but not sure how it would turn out.
  • I'm curious on a couple things here. 1 is the dash, what would I have to do to make a CRX dash fit in my wagon or a sedan dash for that matter? 2 What about the rear disc? Do I need CRX si rear disc setup or what?
    bam-bam wrote:

The pedal assemly IS wagon specific. You may be able to make the other ones work if you also use the different cable and leave out the HVAC ducts...
    this is incorrect bam, I just swapped my pedals out with some from a 91 CRX si. They bolted in with no problem and I used my cable and kept my A/C ducts in. I just did this 2 days ago.[/quote:3pawk94n]
    udubrx7 wrote:

I also sucessfully swaped non-wagon pedals into a wagon.
    As far as i know, the pedals were out of an SI CRX. we had to change the gas pedal but other than that they bolted right in. Also, we had to leave one mounting bolt out but after 5 days of driving, there has been no negative side-effects. A/C ducts and everything else were left in place, so i'm guessing Si cRX pedals will swap into a wagon if you change the gas pedal and if you leave one mouting bolt out. BTW it was a wagovan we swapped the pedals into
  • neckfaceneckface Wagonist
    I'm glad the sway bars are interchangeable, this means I can find some way to put on my free rear sway bar :D
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    3rd4ce wrote:
    ok my question is on the tail lights..??
    anything compatible or after market .. :?:

Nothing at all. :(

The two variations of tail lights available are USDM and then JDM/EDM.