What kind of love did you give your wagon today

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up. I am assuming you bought those brown pods (that I passed up and mentioned you for)? I think I am going to make something myself. I bet it would be perty easy to do a 5spd swap if you found a donor car (like the pristine 91' in my local yard).
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    pebbleswagon:
    oil change
    new coolant hoses for the IACV
    Adjusted exhaust so muffler stops hitting the floor :?
    clutch adjustment

getting it ready for the 1600 mile round trip to Texas!

in the next couple of days I'll adjust the valves and remove the roof racks.
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Replaced a headlight adjuster, put my lip on, and pressure washed my carpet. (Out of the car, that is LOL) Also changed the oil in the blue wagon and found the ac belt had shredded. (It was whining about two weeks ago and then randomly stopped, well randomly at the time.)
  • White&NerdyWhite&Nerdy Senior Wagonist
    noahrexion wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up. I am assuming you bought those brown pods (that I passed up and mentioned you for)? I think I am going to make something myself. I bet it would be perty easy to do a 5spd swap if you found a donor car (like the pristine 91' in my local yard).

Yep, those are the pods. Thanks for putting in a good word for me! I was also going to make something myself - like some generic pod style speakers mounted in the stock location. But when you passed it up, I took it - especially since I already have a pair of speakers that should fit.

A 5spd swap wouldn't be easy at all, because RT4WD models are 6spd. :lol: But yeah, with a donor car to source parts from it could be done over the summer, while I have the other rides to get around in. The hard part would be convincing my gf to park a donor car in the driveway - that would bring us up to 5 cars (and 2 bikes). :lol:
  • picked up a new set of wheels for the wagon tonight.
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3812&p=54555#p54555
    Not feelin' the wheels man. But do whatcha do.
  • Revmaynard wrote:
    Not feelin' the wheels man. But do whatcha do.

really the only thing i don't like about them is the chrome.
    For now, I don't know if I truly don't like the rim or if the chrome just makes it too much for me. lol I'll throw my opinion out again once you change it up. I'd work on lowering that rear some first! lol
  • i have some adjustable springs but i need to pick up some rear struts for them to work. I don't really like the chrome but the price was good. I'm gonna work on prepping and painting the wheels.
  • ordered rubbery front engine mount...
    brake shoes ...
    genuine ofcuz ...

grrr...

: )
    Got speaker pods. 8) Discovered the Kenwood speakers I've been saving won't fit them. :( They came from my previous Miata, not a Civic, so no hard feelings there. My gf says if the Kenwoods fit her CRX (rear location is already drilled a few different ways, so it's likely) I can take her Sony speakers for the wagon. I know those will fit because I'm running the same speakers in the front. May start taking the back of my wagon apart after work today if weather cooperates. If I don't finish I can still drive it with the rear interior in pieces until I finish. :lol:
  • decision to keep it for another year

: )
    One pod in, fully operational. :twisted: Then I ran out of daylight. I'll do the other one tomorrow after work, and drive to work with no rear interior. :lol:
    I only have two seats in my car, no carpet, or anything. Lol
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    Haydz wrote:
    I'm pretty sure i saw you drive along Terry Street today at around 6.30PM. :)

You would of man I go down that road every day too and from work
  • Put my GSR rims back on with some new rubber :D :D :D
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    rti intrac wrote:
    Haydz wrote:

I was gonna flag you down but you went through the S bend before i could jump in my car. :o
    Speaker pods in. Fully functional. Interior reassembled. Car on jackstands. PB Blast sprayed on exhaust bolts. Sat overnight. After my coffee is done I'm going downstairs to disassemble.
    Done!!! Actually done a few hours ago. The two muffler bolts came off OK. Had to cut the 3 at the cat. Installation was not quite the opposite of removal - it took less time and no cutting was involved. :)
  • installed an oem thermostat. autozone thermostats ftl

gettin' into it!
    350.jpg
  • i replaced my 12 inch subs with a 10 inch jl subs in a box. i will soon have some clearance issues as soon as i put in my backboard cover. i am doing it one at a time coz the weather if freakin cold to work outside.
    jpciii wrote:
    installed an oem thermostat. autozone thermostats ftl

gettin' into it!
    350.jpg

That's the ''I've almost got it'' look. lol
  • Picked up an OEM roof rack, two interior plastic covers for the rear suspension, a Grant-looking steering wheel and a pair of OEM front strut assemblies. More importantly is getting 1 OEM clutch cables sinced the one ordered from Japan never made it to the shop. I'll try to get some pics up Sunday.
    Revmaynard wrote:
    That's the ''I've almost got it'' look. lol

Yes, it is. I did my thermostat a couple of months ago, and probably had a similar expression - at least, just before the still pressurized system sprayed coolant everywhere... :lol:
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    thermostats are a bitch... especially when the bolts are so tight you end up stripping them (like i did on my integra..)
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    Haydz wrote:
    rti intrac wrote:
    Haydz wrote:

I was gonna flag you down but you went through the S bend before i could jump in my car. :o

Give me a beep or something next time?
    That s bend is a bit dogy some days :S

OT
    I gave my wagon a honda radiator cap and its no longer overheating :)
    And its getting some new shocks and springs soon
  • got a lip off an old 87 integra i'm gonna custom fit it on there :wink: and found the rubber ring that goes around the rear key hole for the hatch. 8)
    I have the same lip sitting on my shelf. lol
  • It was a good week for my wagon. Got some free Teg seats, made two into a good drivers seat. Installed front and rear strut bars and also the c-pillar bar. Course last week put my fat fives on with some new rubber :D She is super sexy now!!! 8) 8)
  • gave my wagon a bath and finally fixed the power seatbelts :!: :!: :D