My little gold wagon! :)

Hey guys, I just joined this forum and am excited to chat about wagons with everyone! I finally found my 1991 2WD Gold Wagon after searching on craigslist for about 6 months. She is not perfect by any means, but she was definitely worth $800 in my opinion. I am a total newb when it comes to forums so I was wondering how you add pictures to a post such as this?? I would love to show you guys my wagon and what I have done to it! :)

Comments

• look at the quick reply box. you will see a tool bar of sorts. there is a picture of what look like a painting canvas. click it and you should be able to post a pic of ur liking via url. so u gotta upload it to an image hosting site first. im not sure if you can directly upload it. i havent done it myself in a while but i think im right?
  • Oh okay, I just didn't know I had to upload it to a hosting site first. Thanks man, I appreciate it!
  • Okay, here are a few pictures of my wagon the day after I got her.... this was after a quick wash too btw. Let me know what you think.
    well I guess I am still having trouble uploading pics!!wtf! I posted the url from tinychat and nothing shows up.
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Use Flickr, they have the best resolution and it is very easy to post pictures from there.
  • jongsr wrote: »
    Use Flickr, they have the best resolution and it is very easy to post pictures from there.
    I will give it a try, I am pretty frustrated lol.
  • Okay!!! Finally figured out how to do the pictures.... here are a few I snapped with my cell phone the day I brought it home:
    583.jpg
    584.jpg
    585.jpg
    586.jpg
    587.jpg
    588.jpg
  • Here are a few more...
    591.jpg
    592.jpg
    593.jpg
    594.jpg
  • Wow awesome find! Just need to crank that front bumper off and give it some attention.
  • Wow awesome find! Just need to crank that front bumper off and give it some attention.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. And yes, the bumper definitely needs mad TLC. I am good at fixing mechanical problems, but body work is not my cup of tea. I have no idea about how to tackle it. Any suggestions on the bumper?
  • Depends on how owned it is I guess. You could sand all the marks off a hit it with some Satin Black (that's what I did to mine)
  • Depends on how owned it is I guess. You could sand all the marks off a hit it with some Satin Black (that's what I did to mine)
    What is the best way to go about fixing a small crack in it (about 2-3 inches long)?
  • Hey guys, I wanted to post a few pics of my driver seat after I patched up the rips.

Driver seat before:
    625.jpg
    Sewing a Honda patch onto a camo iron on patch:
    626.jpg
    Finished patches ready for install:
    627.jpg
    Driver seat after:
    628.jpg
  • Those patches are awesome. Re: bumper. I've never needed to fix a cracked bumper, but I think (someone correct me if they see this) you can use a soldering iron to basically weld in up.
  • Those patches are awesome. Re: bumper. I've never needed to fix a cracked bumper, but I think (someone correct me if they see this) you can use a soldering iron to basically weld in up.
    Thanks man, appreciate it. And yeah I could do that... I went to a junkyard today and scored a very good condition front bumper from a 91 wagon :)
  • Well there we go, just swap it over :)
  • Well there we go, just swap it over :)
    Yes, I was very happy to find it.
  • Nice, wish mine was that clean and had that few miles. I think I actually saw that one on craigslist here actually. I just couldn't do the automatic ever again after my last vehicle. Though automatics in these you could probably replace four of them rebuilt for what it cost me to get a used one in my previous car. Either way, hope to hang soon, yay local wagons!
  • Thanks man, I appreciate it. I wish it was manual but oh well. And yes hope to be able to chill soon.
  • Okay here is a quick update. I picked up some fresh steelies and a bunch of genuine Honda fluids from a guy on Craigslist:

653.jpg
    654.jpg

Also got a set of Honda wheel locks and 2 blank Honda key blanks:

655.jpg
    656.jpg

New air filter, spark plugs and front brake pads and rotors:

657.jpg
    658.jpg
    659.jpg

Gave her a quick bath:
    660.jpg
  • drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    That thing is actually in fantastic shape for $800. Any plans for the build?
  • Thanks man! Nothing crazy, I am a big stock/oem fan....I don't really want to lower it either because I like hauling ass over things lol. I plan to do some body work and make everything straight, fix one small rust spot and then give it a fresh paint job... I have already added a rear cargo cover and I have a cup holder I need to install. Eventually I will put some speakers in the hatch area as well. I go to school full time so funds and time are limited. Trying to ball on a budget isn't always easy haha.
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    Welcome! Glad to see you finally made registered here! @b20 wagovan from IG

Wagon looks good!!
  • Thanks man! Glad to be here. Can't wait to do more to it.
  • Ridge911Ridge911 New Wagonist
    Those Bosch spark plugs may give you issues. Idle, MPG, etc issues. Just maybe. All the Hondas I've worked on always seem to prefer stock ignition components. Car looks great anyway.
  • I havent installed them, but thanks for the heads up.
  • drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    I always run copper plugs.
  • What brand?
  • Alright so since my last post I installed my new front brakes, a cup holder and my rear cargo cover! Let me know what you guys think.

Rear Cargo Cover:

828.jpg
    829.jpg

Front Brakes Before:

830.jpg

New Pads vs. Old Pads:

831.jpg

New Rotor:

832.jpg

Finished Brakes (passenger side):

833.jpg

Brown foldable cup holder I bought on Ebay (Thanks SPW for the idea):

834.jpg

Cup Holder installed- folded up:

835.jpg

Cup Holder installed- folded down:

836.jpg

Future plans:

Restore this CB7 armrest. Paint plastic components tan and recover with brown leather or spare wagon material. Thought?? Tips??

837.jpg

Also, restore this front bumper to replace my janky one.

838.jpg
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    Take a piece of your interior plastics to home depot and have them try and paint match it. Or you can dye it too.

If you can find a jacked upwagon seat and cut it some upholstery off it that works. Its what cody and billdirect did on thiers.

Get that bumper on !