(EE/EY/EF) Rear Sway Bar fabrication from stock parts

2»

Comments

• leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Wait can anyone confirm if the front DA swaybar fits the wagons? That was kinda confusing there.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    this is a discussion on "rear sway bar"....

i have a feeling that the front sway bar might* have been covered in the suspension quicklinks, atop this page..... although, i cant be sure...

leWolf wrote:
    Wait can anyone confirm if the front DA swaybar fits the wagons? That was kinda confusing there.
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote:
    this is a discussion on "rear sway bar"....

i have a feeling that the front sway bar might* have been covered in the suspension quicklinks, atop this page..... although, i cant be sure...

leWolf wrote:
    Hey don't blame me if I read the whole thread and the "front sway bar" had been brought up in the midst of it. But hey I guess were also "off topic".

Anyways this is a cool thread though. Nice that somebody finally put up a simple how to for us!
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    It seems like the links to the pictures are dead, is someone able to re-upload them?

Much appreciated.
  • minimini Band Wagon
    I will look for the original file and re-post when I find it.
  • Good day,

I recently found your post on a rear sway bar setup for the wagons. I decided to go for it and just got my sway bar with mounting brackets. As far as the end links are concerned, i cant find them anywhere. I went to a couple auto part stores asking for 87 accord rear links and the picture they show is all wrong. Am i asking for the wrong part?

ps this is a lowered 91 rt4wd im putting it on.

thanks
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    There is a user on this forum currently making a prototype rear diff bushing, polyurethane bushing insert into a custom mount. It will allow you to run a DA9 sway bar with the mounts as well with no clearance issues. Will keep you guys updated!

The issue is the sway bar hits the diff mount/damper but it clears the subframe.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    I dont know why everyone thinks this is hard....Just take the balancer off. ST bar clears just fine after you grind the mount down 1/8". If you install it, without grinding the 1/8" it will just touch the mount, but will still work.

I do believe the oem bars are smaller in diameter so maybe they will even clear without grinding. I grinded mine just to do it correctly....

Seriously, not hard..
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote: »
    I dont know why everyone thinks this is hard....Just take the balancer off. ST bar clears just fine after you grind the mount down 1/8". If you install it, without grinding the 1/8" it will just touch the mount, but will still work.

I do believe the oem bars are smaller in diameter so maybe they will even clear without grinding. I grinded mine just to do it correctly....

Seriously, not hard..

Problem is that being in Australia we can't really get our hands on a ST sway bar.

The OEM DA9 one fits with OEM mounts but it fouls on the diff bushing, I believe even after shaving it still fouls. Will keep you guys updated.