(EE/EY/EF) Rear Sway Bar fabrication from stock parts

2»

Comments

• leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Wait can anyone confirm if the front DA swaybar fits the wagons? That was kinda confusing there.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    this is a discussion on "rear sway bar"....

i have a feeling that the front sway bar might* have been covered in the suspension quicklinks, atop this page..... although, i cant be sure...

leWolf wrote:
    Wait can anyone confirm if the front DA swaybar fits the wagons? That was kinda confusing there.
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote:
    this is a discussion on "rear sway bar"....

i have a feeling that the front sway bar might* have been covered in the suspension quicklinks, atop this page..... although, i cant be sure...

leWolf wrote:
    Hey don't blame me if I read the whole thread and the "front sway bar" had been brought up in the midst of it. But hey I guess were also "off topic".

Anyways this is a cool thread though. Nice that somebody finally put up a simple how to for us!
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    It seems like the links to the pictures are dead, is someone able to re-upload them?

Much appreciated.
  • minimini Band Wagon
    I will look for the original file and re-post when I find it.
  • Good day,

I recently found your post on a rear sway bar setup for the wagons. I decided to go for it and just got my sway bar with mounting brackets. As far as the end links are concerned, i cant find them anywhere. I went to a couple auto part stores asking for 87 accord rear links and the picture they show is all wrong. Am i asking for the wrong part?

ps this is a lowered 91 rt4wd im putting it on.

thanks
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    There is a user on this forum currently making a prototype rear diff bushing, polyurethane bushing insert into a custom mount. It will allow you to run a DA9 sway bar with the mounts as well with no clearance issues. Will keep you guys updated!

The issue is the sway bar hits the diff mount/damper but it clears the subframe.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    I dont know why everyone thinks this is hard....Just take the balancer off. ST bar clears just fine after you grind the mount down 1/8". If you install it, without grinding the 1/8" it will just touch the mount, but will still work.

I do believe the oem bars are smaller in diameter so maybe they will even clear without grinding. I grinded mine just to do it correctly....

Seriously, not hard..
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote: »
    I dont know why everyone thinks this is hard....Just take the balancer off. ST bar clears just fine after you grind the mount down 1/8". If you install it, without grinding the 1/8" it will just touch the mount, but will still work.

I do believe the oem bars are smaller in diameter so maybe they will even clear without grinding. I grinded mine just to do it correctly....

Seriously, not hard..

Problem is that being in Australia we can't really get our hands on a ST sway bar.

The OEM DA9 one fits with OEM mounts but it fouls on the diff bushing, I believe even after shaving it still fouls. Will keep you guys updated.
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist

i didn't take pictures when i did this long ago... too bad these pictures are gone... need them for double check the work again haha...

• unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist

how they look like if your trying to find them at the junk yard guys... so the 1st pic. on top u'll need to get the bottom piece of the bolt facing you... so u'll need to cut and reweld to make this work for ur stock crx/integra sway bar...