urban slug mpfi! and goodies!

Comments

• nsticenstice Wagonist
    driftin90 wrote:
    hey thanks for the recommendation on oiling my bov. finally took it all apart and lubed it, and guess what? it works again. forgot how loud it was too.
    I had a buddy with a evo, had the same problem. :D How was the cruise? I had to work. :(
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    So I have a friend with a d 16 vtec head, ecu and the engine harness, Should I pic it up? Will the d16 lower end bolt up to the d15 tranny? Or vtec head on the d15 bottom end? How much is this worth?
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    it was fun! we were saying the next one should be on a sunday so the guys that work on saturday can come. even nick had to work and it was his idea. i posted up some pics in the thread. and thanks again. wait till you hear it.
    yes get it. it will bolt up. either way, head on motor, or motor to trans. you should know that. just get the jumper harness
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    driftin90 wrote:
    yes get it. it will bolt up. either way, head on motor, or motor to trans. you should know that. just get the jumper harness
    I was thinking of a turbo set up in the long run that's why I am asking d15 or d16 bottom end? There is more power with the d16 bottom end right? stronger?
    there's no replacement for displacement. but for a daily, boost sure does. it gets better if you include displacement as well.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    nstice wrote:
    driftin90 wrote:
    I was thinking of a turbo set up in the long run that's why I am asking d15 or d16 bottom end? There is more power with the d16 bottom end right? stronger?

do a bit of searching on this point...i can tell you for a fact there are not very many aftermarket rods/pistons for the D15's....but you have tons of options for the D16's.

if you match the 1.6 head with the 1.5 block you're also going to bump up the compression. Which you may or may not want when you decide to turbo in the future.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Well I got the complete head,dizzy, engine wire harness and the ecu for 150. I get it Monday and the madness will start.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Ok so here are the parts I have. d16y8 head vtec, full engine harness, ob2 dizzy, intake manifold plus the injectors, p2p-a12 ecu.

What else am I going to need? I know a bottom end :D any one have one? And what do I need for the obd0 to obd2? Jumper? or go to a different dizzy for obd1?
  • JayTeeJayTee Wagonist
    Pretty sure you can convert the dizzy to obd1. Id also look for a obd1 ecu, then have it chipped.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    JayTee wrote:
    Pretty sure you can convert the dizzy to obd1. Id also look for a obd1 ecu, then have it chipped.
    I was wondering about that. I almost think it would be easier to do the multipoint swap. Then do the jumpers. I was looking at it today and the main wire loom that comes through the firewall feeds the fuse box. I think it would be more trouble to use the 2000 ex wire harness.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    So my distributor is the only thing leaking on my engine. It has been driving me crazy. So I pulled a old dizzy apart at work, and got the number off the seal that leaks in the inside of the housing. Searched ebay and found one for 12 bucks. 623.jpg So out came the dizzy, what a mess. Inside and out was caked in oil and all the rubber is gone or swollen.624.jpg625.jpg626.jpgThis is the old seal, no wonder it was pouring oil.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    So I have been looking to do a d16 swap into the civic. Found that it is going to take more money then I would like to spend. So I am going to do the multipoint swap first. Here is the manifold I picked up.627.jpg
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    I also got a goody from ebay. My mascot DOMO628.jpg629.jpg
  • CIVEILCIVEIL New Wagonist
    nstice wrote:
    Taped off the sides and cleaned and sprayed the trim. 719.jpg720.jpg721.jpg722.jpg Got some civic sedan mud flaps for 10 bucks from a local wrecking yard. They dont fit very well but they work ok. In time i will paint them too, the rear bumper needs some work before then.

How is the bumper coating holding up on your car? My moldings and bumper are in desperate need of something like this.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    There holding up great, I used duplicolor bumper coating, Its 6 or 7 bucks a can, works great. Use a scotch bright pad that is soft and rub all the bumpers and side moldings down. I did this last summer and it still looks new.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Got something new!782.jpg783.jpgThe varnish is coming off, and there is some cracks in it. So I striped it. 784.jpgWhat it looks like now. I got it from a junk yard I used to work at. Was in a rv. :lol:
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Remember this. The car has come along ways from august of last year.341.jpg785.jpg
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    I picked up a new camera so I had to get some pics of the car after a wash.786.jpg787.jpg788.jpg789.jpg
  • skitsoskitso Wagonist
    Looking damn good. :)

What kind of camera did you get?
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    skitso wrote:
    Looking damn good. :)

What kind of camera did you get?
    Sony nex 5.
  • skitsoskitso Wagonist
    Hadn't heard of a Nex 5 so I googled it. Pretty badass little camera. The pics you took with it came out really well too. If you get the chance, I'd love to see some outdoor shots with it.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    skitso wrote:
    Hadn't heard of a Nex 5 so I googled it. Pretty badass little camera. The pics you took with it came out really well too. If you get the chance, I'd love to see some outdoor shots with it.
    When ever the liquid sunshine stops there will be some pics I promise you that :wink:
  • jpciiijpciii familEE
    looking good. I like the new wheels.

That looks like an OEM rear swaybar from an Integra or Si hatch. How much different does the car feel now?
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    jpciii wrote:
    looking good. I like the new wheels.

That looks like an OEM rear swaybar from an Integra or Si hatch. How much different does the car feel now?
    Night and day, The rear does not float out in corners. Rear tires stick better too. Best mod so far.
  • LayspeedLayspeed Wagonist
    Wagon is looking fresh! Nice camera too. Good thing you use photobucket because it allows me to check the Exif data of your photos so I know what camera/settings you shot them with haha. The sway bar is OEM? Did you just paint it blue? I will look through your thread to find some more info on it, but is it just a pretty straight forward install once you had the right parts? Thanks!

I really like the steering wheel too! Looks like an old Nardi perhaps?
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Layspeed wrote:
    Wagon is looking fresh! Nice camera too. Good thing you use photobucket because it allows me to check the Exif data of your photos so I know what camera/settings you shot them with haha. The sway bar is OEM? Did you just paint it blue? I will look through your thread to find some more info on it, but is it just a pretty straight forward install once you had the right parts? Thanks!

I really like the steering wheel too! Looks like an old Nardi perhaps?
    Thanks and Thanks.Yes it is oem painted, it is easy to install. Its a 91 da sway bar 4 door. You will need 1 inch spacers where it bolts to the lower arms.
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    Snow in march?858.jpg859.jpg
  • CIVEILCIVEIL New Wagonist
    nstice wrote:
    There holding up great, I used duplicolor bumper coating, Its 6 or 7 bucks a can, works great. Use a scotch bright pad that is soft and rub all the bumpers and side moldings down. I did this last summer and it still looks new.

I appreciate the instructions. This is the first project I am going to do when it warms up here in Reno! You should put this in a DIY forum, thanks!
  • nsticenstice Wagonist
    CIVEIL wrote:
    nstice wrote:

I appreciate the instructions. This is the first project I am going to do when it warms up here in Reno! You should put this in a DIY forum, thanks!
    Your welcome :D