urban slug mpfi! and goodies!

Hello everyone, New to the wagon thing, only because they are hard to find. Here is my new wagon, found on craigslist for 500 bucks. enjoy :D

Comments

• www.civicwagon.comwww.civicwagon.com[/img][/img][img][/img]civicwagon030.jpg[img][/img]civicwagon032.jpg267.jpg268.jpg269.jpg
  • The car was sitting for 3 years. Lots of broken stuff and stinks!!! I love the seat covers and the floor mats. jk.
  • I think that the fire and the leopard/tiger/cheetah/lion print give it a special touch... plus it was 500 lol. Good pick up man!
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Looks to be a good start.
    I think every 20 year old car needs cleaning, I know mine did.
    Congrats on the purchase. :D
  • The hood hinge is broken on the drivers side so I cant use the hood prop. The drivers window regulator is broken so the window will not roll up, and the rear hatch hinge is broken on the drivers side. :lol: And the list gets bigger.
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    It's all good. What did ou expect from a 20 year old car? Mine leaks from the driver door and the hatch. Rusted door hinge, interior had stuff growing on the floor and the wiring was a hack job. Just takes time and effort to get these awesome autos to look and run great. I tore mine apart a couple times already cleaning the carpet, interior and car in general.
  • good find. They are hard to come by and parts are even harder to find.
  • 278.jpg Worked on the drivers seat.279.jpg Washed the seat covers and went to the fabric store. Turned out ok, took 3 to 4 hours. i think I am going to do the sun visors and the shift boot, in the same stuff.
  • Also took the carpet out and steamed cleaned it at work, so much better smelling.280.jpg281.jpg Washed the floor pans, no rust at all.
  • Did some digging around work and found these old school civic rims, parts guy sold them to me for 10 $ a rim.282.jpg 283.jpgGirl friends little brother made me a key chain for the car, Had it for a while but no key to hang it on. (new key as well 1$) Helps when you work for Honda :wink:
  • The engine also has got a rebuild, I put new rings, main bearings, and rod bearings. New timing belt cam seal crank seal water pump and all the cooling hoses, t stat and the list goes on and on. The head got sent out for the works. Tags are up and the trip permit does not last forever. Did have fun smoking some people out. :shock:. But the motor done and running runs strong, and passed deq today. :D Here is a pick of the head. 284.jpg285.jpg
  • We have a dent guy( paint less dent removal) that is going to remove all the dents in my car in the morning for 100 bucks. :D I dont think he looked at my car :lol: 286.jpg287.jpg288.jpg289.jpg290.jpg
  • Welcome

Glad to see another Oregon wagon

Love the seat cover haha
  • Let us know how the paintless dent removal goes. I have tiny dents all over mine. figured I wouldnt worry about them but if someone would take them all out without a paint job for $100 I would be all in.
  • wyld kardz ee2wyld kardz ee2 Senior Wagonist
    Good progress.What size are the wheels?Any pics with them on the wagon?
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    what a steal... great looking wagon...
  • Thanks guys, The dent guy does great work he has taken some quarter sized dents out of my 07 fit, and its black, and you cant tell there was a dent after he was done. Had to take a pic of the cars together.341.jpg
  • Good progress.What size are the wheels?Any pics with them on the wagon?
    The wheels are 13 inch,342.jpg
  • Here is the before and after of the engine. Not all the way done yet some small stuff to do. :D 347.jpgbefore.348.jpgafter. :D
  • Got a used alpine from a friend, sounds ok for 2 speakers. Need the rear pods. :? 349.jpg
  • Nice find on the wagon man. That looks like the same Alpine deck I have in my DD EG coupe. Can't wait to see the "after" pics after your PDR friend is done with it.
  • Nice find! It's cleaning up nicely.

Awesome deal on the wheels. Honda usually intends for their swirlie styled wheels & hubcaps to twist/lean into the direction that the wheel rolls - which would be opposite of how you have them. They are two pairs, right? Check them for a L or R stamp.
  • jpciii wrote:
    Nice find! It's cleaning up nicely.

Awesome deal on the wheels. Honda usually intends for their swirlie styled wheels & hubcaps to twist/lean into the direction that the wheel rolls - which would be opposite of how you have them. They are two pairs, right? Check them for a L or R stamp.
    I think your right I do remember seeing left and right on them. Thanks.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    what kind of flaps do you have on your fit??? i kinda like them...
  • BillBoard wrote:
    what kind of flaps do you have on your fit??? i kinda like them...
    Ikea cutting boards :wink: cost 2 $ Was kind of going for the rally armor look, found a guy on a Subaru forum that did it. Was easy to do, but the colors are limited to teal, red/orange, and gray. Every one will stair at you in town. :shock: lol
  • I have been working a lot on the wagon pics coming soon.... U will like....
  • 714.jpg Cleaned the rear of the car of the rust spots. Also got some bumper paint. Do you like my hatch struts :D 715.jpg716.jpg717.jpg I may stencle something in the black stripe.718.jpg had the black paint cleaned up the wiper arms as well.
  • Taped off the sides and cleaned and sprayed the trim. 719.jpg720.jpg721.jpg722.jpg Got some civic sedan mud flaps for 10 bucks from a local wrecking yard. They dont fit very well but they work ok. In time i will paint them too, the rear bumper needs some work before then.
  • Has anyone done the volvo front lip, with cutting? I ended up cutting 2 lips to make it work. I have to take some pic of it on the car it turned out great. 723.jpg724.jpgHere it is on the car painted, Put the gaps on the sides, like the accord stile.725.jpg I dont know where i want to put my front plate.