EE/EF/DA Interchangable parts (Please Add)

CAN'T KEEP UP WITH EVERYTHING, READ THROUGH ALL PAGES, YOU MAY FIND WHAT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR. IF YOU DON'T FEEL FREE TO ASK, RESPONSES COME PRETTY QUICK. :mrgreen:

trying to make a comprehensive listing...feel free to chime(yes and no), i'll do my best to keep it updated, mods feel free to help with updates. maybe we can get this to a sticky. lets see what you got.

dizzle quote "to add to the confusion i will simply put SH3 for hatchback and SH4 for sedan compatible parts with the wagon"

EXTERIOR
fenders - no
headlights - yes year specific
corner lights - no!
bumper lights - yes 88-89 will swap with any year wagon
bumpers - yes with mods
doors - no
window glass - no
side view mirrors - no
door hinges - SH4
exhaust - no
hood: no
tailgate: no..duh haha
rear bumper: no
rear fogs: SH3 and SH4
tailgate spoiler: no

INTERIOR
steering wheel - yes
dash - yes with mods
door cards - no
heater/ac setup - yes
main relay - yes
fuel pump - yes
power door locks: SH4 (stay year specific) as long as you use SH5 rods and stuff.
seats: mixed info, i believe as long as you stay year specific you can use SH4 directly..?? and if you use wagon pans SH3 will work as well.
center console: no
console between the seats: no (so they say)
seat belts: i believe yes SH4 as long as you stay year specific... but then again, not confirmed.
gauge cluster: SH3 and SH4
cluster cover: no
HVAC: SH3 and SH4
carpet: no

SUSPENSION
lca - yes, 88=88 & 89-91=89-91
shocks/springs/coils - yes, da will also work
strut tower bars - yes
cross brace - yes?
sway bars - yes
trailing arms - no, wagon arms are beefier
rear LCA: all Civic 1989-1995. these can also be swapped into an '88 if you use 89+ struts
front end suspension compents: SH3 and SH4
rear trailing arm: no

BRAKES
discs/drums - yes
rear discs - can be done, not easy, recommend kit available in marketplace

Comments

• L5thL5th Band Wagon
    I would like to know if the mirrors are interchangeable...
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    pretty sure they are not.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    L5th wrote:
    I would like to know if the mirrors are interchangeable...

Negatory.

http://www.hondacivicwagon.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3961
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    Haydz. instead of administrator, under your name it should say "link master supreme", LOL
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    updated

fenders - no
    headlights - yes year specific
    corner lights - no!
    bumper lights - yes 88-89 will swap with any year wagon
    bumpers - yes with mods
    doors - no
    window glass - no
    steering wheel - yes
    dash - yes with mods
    door cards - no
  • Anybody know about the hood hinges?
  • come on folks....i'm surprised on the lack of responses here, everything interchangeable...come on, lets compile THE list
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    here is mine added...
    to add to the confusion i will simply put SH3 for hatchback and SH4 for sedan compatible parts with the wagon

door hinges: SH4
    power door locks: SH4 (stay year specific) as long as you use SH5 rods and stuff.
    seats: mixed info, i believe as long as you stay year specific you can use SH4 directly..?? and if you use wagon pans SH3 will work as well.
    exhaust: no
    rear LCA: all Civic 1989-1995. these can also be swapped into an '88 if you use 89+ struts
    front end suspension compents: SH3 and SH4
    hood: no
    tailgate: no..duh haha
    center console: no
    console between the seats: no (so they say)
    seat belts: i believe yes SH4 as long as you stay year specific... but then again, not confirmed.
    gauge cluster: SH3 and SH4
    cluster cover: no
    HVAC: SH3 and SH4
    rear trailing arm: no
    rear bumper: no
    rear fogs: SH3 and SH4
    tailgate spoiler: no
    carpet: no

dunno what else there is for now.
  • thanks for the reply dizzle, now, after my previous post i tried to add a few things and re-organize, but had a problem and lost everything i was working on, i'll try again later...working on this laptop makes it kinda tough.

things still haven't been mention: brakes, sway bars, cross braces, strut tower bars, a/c&heater units......
    genedaddy wrote:
    things still haven't been mention: a/c&heater units......

i mentioned that :P

-brakes are all the same, just not for the Standard hatchback.
    -front sway bar im positive is the same for all EF
    -strut tower bars will also work, front and rear
  • updated and categorized

anyone got more? :D
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    We should actually combine Integra parts in this list. I use way more Integra crap on my cars than Civic stuff.
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Are the window regulators interchangeable?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Revmaynard wrote:
    Are the window regulators interchangeable?
    sort of. They can be made to work (from sedan) but won't roll all the way down.
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Is it hard to find specific ones new? I've looked in a few places and came up with nothing.
  • bring on the da parts as well, anything else that work can be thrown in as well, just specify
    -DA front lip can be modded to fit. also can be modded into a rear lip.
    -DA spindles/brakes can be used for a simple bigger-brake upgrade. also the M/C and Booster can be used (together though)
    -CB accord front lips can be modded into rear lips.
    -CB accord wagon cargo cover can be installed into a civic wagon, just not the absolute nicest fit, though its still may be better then nothing :P
  • jarmersonjarmerson New Wagonist
    I spent the whole day messing around.

I accomplished bolting on a 91 CRX front bumper and cover with no mods. There was some pushing and pulling, but it bolted right up. The hood latches just below the upper lip and to make it look perfect I will have to probably mod the old upper lip which removes to fill in minor cosmetic gap.

Everything looked aligned alright from what I could see (dark).

I can also confirm the the swapping out the seats from the crx worked.

I took the seat foam and swapped them, the seat back swapped out no problem.
  • in the brakes dept. 4wd wagon rotors are differant than the 2wd wagon rotors, i found this out the hard way.
    the parts store gave me rotors and they rubbed the outer side of the caliper bracket real bad and i went back to get new ones and i found out that they gave me 2wd rotors and not 4wd rotors. so i believe that any 2wd rotors will not work on 4wd wagons.
  • White&NerdyWhite&Nerdy Senior Wagonist
    Good to know about the brakes. The FWD wagons are basically DX trim. The RT4WD wagons do have bigger brakes. Somebody please double check me on this, but I *think* the RT4WD front brakes also came on the 90-91 Si models - NOT 88-89. (Actually someday I can stare 'n' compare my 89 wagon brakes vs. my gf's 88 CRX Si brakes. :) ) It's like they wanted a parts bin upgrade to the Si brakes, so they put RT4WD wagon brakes on.
  • IMG00126r.jpg
    Are the black trim piece under the window and the plastic cover on the bottom of the windshield interchange between our wagons and EF's?
    oh and also the mid trim pieces on the doors?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    under the window? No.
    mid-door? No.
    Base of windshield? I doubt it. Probably not.
  • Those are called belt moldings and I think the "hood" you are referring to would be the cowl.
    Not the same...
  • didnt see this posted, the front t brace where the hood latch and relase is, its the same on a 90 crx si and a 91 usdm rt4wd wagon
  • chadwickchadwick Band Wagon
    May be a stupid question but i can interchange any wagon fenders from the 88-91 bodystyle..? Just making sure dont want buy the wrong parts.
    yes you can
  • chadwickchadwick Band Wagon
    Also i keep calling around to yards looking for rear quarters they keep telling me there is a difference in the 4wd and the 2wd is there? It doesnt seem like there is...
    rear quarter panels? no difference. they may be getting confused with the sedan or hatchback which IS different.
  • efguyefguy Band Wagon
    the black trim that goes under the front window is interchangeable with the ef, i have an ef one on mine and it fits perfect.
  • shift knob? yes
    wheels? yes
    light bulbs? yes