The Monster's RT4WD Civic

123457»

Comments

• AbideAbide Council Member
    i went the first week of this month in the wagon and had a blast. I always enjoy the skyway more than the dragon though.
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Abide wrote: »
    i went the first week of this month in the wagon and had a blast. I always enjoy the skyway more than the dragon though.
    We will def have to go sometime than dude!!
    Okie Dokie, had some other stuff going on like drift events and what not so I didn't have much time to update this. But I put a little time into this past weekend.

So here is how she sits right now...

92.jpg

93.jpg

I was redoing the wiring in the engine before I quit working on this thing. I ended up find a rywire tuck harness for pretty cheap so I grabbed that.

94.jpg

95.jpg

And I am do the engine bay harness in techflex stuff similar to the rywire sleeving.

96.jpg

97.jpg

Hoping this comes out nicely...just very tedious and annoying to do.
    Well I am very annoyed with myself right now. I thought I had finished the passenger side harness...I quickly found out that I didn't pull enough wire out to be sleeved...so everything is a little to short lol..

So next plan of action is to take all my crappy work off, remove the old tower plugs off the harness since they are not utilized anymore, and methodically put as much sleeving on each group of wires as I can.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

At least it still looks like it's going to turn out pretty nice once I fix my fuck up....
  • YUP I suck..this wagon is still not finished...BUT I haven't sold it. So new goal...I get married next March and my fiancee said the wagon has to be done and out of the garage before that date...soooo last night I bought a part wagon and it's all hands on deck this winter to get this SOB finished!!! UPDATES soon!
  • Alright...soo I was deathly sick last weekend so I didn't get to post my updates...but here ladies and gents we start again.

Here is some odds and end pictures of me finishing up the wiring and starting to install stuff back inside the car.

zBknEuq.jpg

sBnU2iM.jpg

43r4dcY.jpg

IRVdLgQ.jpg

7FDwSpR.jpg

bTWQtAL.jpg

qJGoj2J.jpg

gj57m7z.jpg

WhmQHNA.jpg

dpKaz0k.jpg

O9KWqwA.jpg

9eTDNNa.jpg

kt3WqsL.jpg

isP7GDp.jpg

And here is the terd I bought to hopefully get the main wagon running!

i9zLXdc.jpg

uh...lol

D2ZmenH.jpg

zPObNjh.jpg

TTPPMLQ.jpg

gg5djXv.jpg

I was going to try and get it running...but found this yesterday lol

https://i.imgur.com/SLMGgSv.mp4
    SLMGgSv.mp4
    SLMGgSv.mp4

Alright, so after bringing some life to this thread...lets keep it going ! Woot!

So I'm debating on trashing the whole air ride stuff...but idk yet...
  • SWEET! I am IN for the air ride, I hope you do not dump it!!!
  • Speaking from experience, the women who marry Wagoneers are very patient, understanding creatures :D

Good that you're back on the project, will be great to follow progress!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Been waiting for this thread to comeback alive for a while. Nice progress!
  • SWEET! I am IN for the air ride, I hope you do not dump it!!!

We will see ;)

andreas542 wrote: »
    Speaking from experience, the women who marry Wagoneers are very patient, understanding creatures :D

Good that you're back on the project, will be great to follow progress!

hahah yes..she definitely is 😂😂

SPW wrote: »
    Been waiting for this thread to comeback alive for a while. Nice progress!

🤗🤗🤗 slowly coming :)
  • So been working late and weekend and haven’t had time to go out and mess with this thing. So I decided to buy LED lights for the garage so I can do shit in the garage at night :cool: Just waiting on amazon to find my package so I can get them installed. Was planning on having them in yesterday. For reference this is my current lighting in my garage.

FppsvPs.jpg

ZUuRcbs.jpg

Also...this happened yesterday on my first weekend off lol...the drift car decided to snap a timing belt :nightmare:

DQlqLJp.jpg
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Good job on having the enthusiasm to get the car rolling again! I myself count on post like these to move forward with my project.
  • Well my free LED lights are in! Thanks to amazon for loosing my package...I got these bad boys free of charge ;)

r4b3pS9.jpg

TleWP5k.jpg

O5G1J0b.jpg

https://imgur.com/1woGeCp
    1woGeCp.mp4
    1woGeCp.mp4

Now I gotta get this Miata fixed before the next event then it's time to get this fucking wagon out of my garage!!
  • Looks great. I need to do that upgrade. Amazon is awesome like that!
  • ricards2ricards2 Band Wagon
    So nice to see new updates regarding your project. Keep us posted.
    edited January 2021

Hello!! I'm BACK!

OKAY!! Soo two years later and this car still isn't done. SHOCKER!? But this is the damn year this car gets done! SO life updates: I'm married now..wife and I are getting comfortable into our careers and we pulled the trigger on our 'forever' home last august. We finally found one and moved in last October. It's a gnarly 4 bed/3bath on 5 acres and.... IT HAS A 3 car detached garage! So now I have NO excuse to not finishing this car. A couple months before we decided to move I ran my Miata into a wall at the track. So I decided to retire that shell and swap to another..in the process of doing that I also decided upgrade to a forged bottom end 1.8 engine. This was going on before and after we moved and I FINISHED IT and got it all back together and running a couple weeks ago. I told the wife that I would start on the Civic once the Miata was running and a certified ripper..and it is and here we are! :)

SO game plan! I am regretting extending my strut towers. For one, I hate how they did the cup for me and it also rubbed on the bag. Two, I didn't like how cheap and non adjustable the airlift air struts were. Three, now there are a couple companies that make adjustable air struts that work on the wagon without frame mods. I haven't decided if I'll stay air or not, but that's one reason why I am okay with going back to stock location for the strut tower. I would really like to find someone with a junk wagon shell that is willing to cut their rear struts towers out so I could possibly spot weld the whole strut tower metal section in like factory...but I haven't had good luck with that so far. In the mean time I'm going to try to salvage my modified strut towers and see if I can make it work. And this is where I am now with it.

ALSO: the motor is pulled out of the wagon now..dash and harness is out again as well. We will get to that soon though.

Here is where I am at with the wagon.

And snip it of the shop! (The s13 and sr20 shit is a buddies..I'm not that lame ;P )

• Hello, congratulation on the marriage and new home ?️. 5 arces with a 3 car garage i wish sounds G R E A T, oh damn did you get injured when you hit the wall? you can probable find someone on facebook thats parting out a wagon i know i seen some

• It wasn’t too fast of a crash. But the whole front end of the crash got pushed and tweaked.

I have found a few people willing to cut me the part that I need and I also found someone in North Carolina willing to sell my a shell. The shell would be more ideal since I can take my time and cut what I need. Just waiting to hear back from him before I pull the trigger on anything.

• Picking up a shell this weekend to cut the rear struts out! Noice. Also picking up wagon manual pedals, shift linkage, and a 5 speed d series trans. All this will be for the grey wagon I picked up awhile back..going to get that converted and running for the wife hopefully.

edited February 2021

Well after 15 hours of driving..I got the shell back from South Carolina. I also picked up a cable d series manual transmission and MPFI parts for my brown wagon which I think the wife and I are going to get back up and running together. I think I'll make another thread on that. Anyyways! Here is a photo dump of the adventure and where it sits in the shop atm.

I need to go buy a sawzall and also order some spotweld bits. But I'm pretty excited to get this show on the road.

• drove 15hrs round trip for a shell wow must of been a deal, your garage/shop are goals for me, this is what i want

• For everything I got, it was $600. So not too bad!

Thanks man! If only I had a 2 pole lift..then I would would know that I have finally made it lol.