The Monster's RT4WD Civic

Comments

• Nice work bro! Is that the 90-91 civic wagon front bumper support on the EF9 bumper? I'm Planning on doing that same mod, can you please fill me in on what you did to make it work? Thanks

man idk how I did it yet, I still got to get it to set right, and have the filler to set right. But as long as your have the ef9 bumper support it bolts right up.
  • Well Sophomore year of Mechanical Engineering has commenced. That being said, the build will slow down a little bit :(

Updates to what has been going on.

Well my friend passed out and totaled his car...soo I helped him out and traded my wagon plus $600 for a ef hatch.

57.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

So he is going to pay me back $2600 and I'm not losing a dime from both cars :) so all the parts from the wagon were free

Got the seatbelt bar installed, and got almost all the parts to fix my aunts car. And I got her radiator support all squared away.

60.jpg

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

Also my buddy and I found some bottle caps at the local pull n save. (that's the idiot that totaled his EG)

64.jpg

65.jpg

I even got the sir bumper fixed, and I snatched the passenger side light housing out a little because it was pushed in from the deer.

66.jpg

And now I am currently finishing the harness for the power window/locks should have it in this weekend

67.jpg

And I ordered some baller ass wheels :)! they should be here in November!!
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    That is a hell of a lot of good work right there.

I have the complete power window/ mirror conversion sitting in a box.

Just need to get round to it kind of thing.
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Looks good. What bike is that on your wagon? It looks old...
    Happy to see you'll be saving your buddy's hatch.
  • rbwdriven wrote: »
    That is a hell of a lot of good work right there.

I have the complete power window/ mirror conversion sitting in a box.

Just need to get round to it kind of thing.

Thanks man, I hope it all works!
    Chaife wrote: »
    Looks good. What bike is that on your wagon? It looks old...
    Happy to see you'll be saving your buddy's hatch.

It is a Mirraco, and sadly the hatch he crashed is totaled :(
  • Well I FINALLY got my power windows and locks installed!

I broke one of the handles when I first took these off the ef sedan, so I had to swap handles from my wagon.

118.jpg

119.jpg

And I noticed that the holes for the power locks where already drilled on the lock mechanism for the wagon, so I just swapped that from the sedan lock mechanism.

120.jpg

121.jpg

And here is a video of it working

http://s874.photobucket.com/user/jarodnesss/media/AC2C06C1-D5B8-47CD-84D7-3F377E907524-15663-00000B956DEC85D9_zpsda4bbf47.mp4.html

The back passenger side needs a new regulator, but they all work :D...now for the power locks...they aren't working, so whenever I get time I gotta go back and try and figure that out. I'm going to use those RHD door cards in the wagon to take away the crank window holes :D just going to switch the inserts to make it LHD.

Also got my aunts car almost all put together, going to drive it to my work and let them paint match the hood and bumper, and it'll be ready to go!

122.jpg

Also wanted to add that her car is a one owner with 400xxx+ miles!!!

123.jpg
  • Hats off to you Sir!! Build is looking great!!
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Hats off to you Sir!! Build is looking great!!

Thank you sir!!
  • Well I have been busy as fuck with school and work...getting this Engineering degree is really kicking my ass. But if y'all can remember when I traded that wagon for the hatch and sold it to my buddy...well my ex-buddy backed out and fucked me over on the payments..so that is one reason why nothing has been posted lately lol..finally the hatch a couple days ago, so the wagon build is back on.

I noticed my passenger side inner rear cv boot was ripped, so I decided to replace the inner and outer boot.

463.jpg

Was a pretty simple job.

I finally got the rhd bottom door panels fused with my lhd top door panels. And I got them trimmed out to fit the power switches. Now I am on the hunt for the door handle covers..because I can't find the ones I took off my parts sedan..I'll get some better pictures once everything is done.

465.jpg

Also finally got time to put the newer sir bumper on, and been having trouble to get it to line up good..also this time I sprayed it myself, and it was pretty exciting!

467.jpg

469.jpg

Also brakes where needing to be done, so decided to go all out. New rotor, pads, shoes, drums, caliper, wheel cylinder, and hardware. It getting colder here, so figured I'd fire up our little furnace.

471.jpg

473.jpg

And I got a flat tire the other day because I been trying to miss out on buying tires...because I got new rims order (they should be here in november) but oh well...

477.jpg

The plan now is, once the wheels get her, get them fitted just right. Then body work and paint job :) i got a freshly built d16z6 I sourced out for on the low...i'm lurking on it until the right moment :)
  • Small updates for now…after doing my brakes I noticed my passenger rear wheel cylinder was leaking, so I decided I'd replace both of them…very simple job. Next brake job will be disc brakes….and that's a promise!

93.jpg

94.jpg

Also got my new EURO Outer tails installed, and damn they look gorgeous!! Sorry for the shitty picture..

95.jpg

Also picked up a d16z6 and is/has: Milled, comp cam 59300, comp titanium springs 912-16, comp titanium retainers 753-16, brand new oem valves, brand new oem locks, stock ports on intake and exhaust side for $500 :))) I'm pretty excited! Looking for a d16z6 block to build, put it in the wagon, and then soon boost :victorious:

96.jpg

And my tires got here from Onlinetires.com but still waiting on my rims ugh! I'm soo ready to get them on the wagon!!

97.jpg
  • Well after 4 long months of waiting…I finally got confirmation that my wheels will be shipping next week!!! :) So once those get here, then body work will commence! While I have been waiting, I finally found a z6 block for the turbo build! :cool: and I finally got my passenger side almost completely lined up correctly from where I hit that deer.

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

126.jpg

While I wait on my wheels to finally arrive, I plan to take my headlights apart and clean the insides of the lenses and get them recleared. School starts on the 16th….wish the wheels would hurry before everything get crazy again..
  • My wheels finally came in a month or so ago!

308.jpg

I tried fitting them on, and realized that I need extended wheel studs :/

309.jpg

I started with the rear first, because I figured it would give me the most trouble...which it did. I got the hub pressed out at my work. I ended up replacing the rear bearings also. Got it all pressed back together.

310.jpg

311.jpg

I got the front studs in pretty easily by just grinding one of the sides down and slipping it in. But one stud stripped out my hub, so I'm going to get the front hubs pressed out and re-due the front studs to be safe and also to replace the front bearings while I'm there.

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

316.jpg
  • Rims looking sick.
  • Rims looking sick.

Appreciate it!!
  • Dig the wheels; in my opinion they would look better with bigger tires at that ride height. Front end is looking great as well.
  • Lookin fresh! I have the same cam in my car
  • Dig the wheels; in my opinion they would look better with bigger tires at that ride height. Front end is looking great as well.

I'm waiting to do the front hubs again, before I mess with the ride height. I'm going to go just a little bit lower.
    drfink wrote: »
    Lookin fresh! I have the same cam in my car

does it hold up pretty good?
  • 80.jpg

Well the other day I noticed my driver side side marker wasn't turned on, i took it out and noticed the whole thing has dry rotted..so got one of those ordered from Moe

81.jpg

Next up...I was on my way to work and my battery light turns on..soo replaced the alternator.

82.jpg

83.jpg

84.jpg

I took the master cylinder off the brake booster to get the alternator out...well my master cylinder was fused to the brake booster...after some prying it finally came off lol..

85.jpg

It was gorgeous outside last Saturday, so I decided I'd finally clean up my wiring from the power window/lock conversion and my system wiring.

86.jpg

87.jpg

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

91.jpg

And finally!

92.jpg

Time to revamp the front suspension. Inner/outer tie rods, lower ball joints, wheel bearings, and some Volk Racing lugs. Stuff that I forgot to throw in the picture is the new/used hub for my driver front and 2 sets of extended wheel studs so I can re-due them the right way when the hubs are out.

To come! Spring break is in a week soo HOPEFULLY I'll be getting it ready for paint!!
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    Looks great! I love the wheels, but next time if you remove the lower bracket off the block, that holds the alternator, the alternator will come out the bottom of the car.
  • Looks great! I love the wheels, but next time if you remove the lower bracket off the block, that holds the alternator, the alternator will come out the bottom of the car.

:hopelessness: damn it lol..totally didn't think about that!
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    monster d wrote: »
    :hopelessness: damn it lol..totally didn't think about that!

Its okay! I only know because I You Tubed it before I changed mine a few weeks ago.
  • So I found out that I gobbed up my threads on almost all my threads when I pulled them through with a lug nut...not knowing I needed a couple washers under the lug. So I went ahead and re-threaded all of them.

239.jpg

240.jpg

Then it came to the wheel bearings, ball joints, inner out tie rods, and new/used hub with new extended studs. Everything was going pretty smooth..

Donut to get the axle nut off...no risk with the new wheels

241.jpg

242.jpg

Stripped hub out with 2 wacks

243.jpg

Stripped clean of the teeth...and you can see the spot welds to so we could get the lug nut off.

244.jpg

245.jpg

And this is where the smooth ride became an off road adventure in a Prius..dumb mistake on my part...and rushing...I went ahead took the blox extended studs that my local supplier had instead of waiting for some ARP studs...and apparently the teeth were to big or something and it didn't even make it throw the hub until it stripped out..fml right.

246.jpg

Well after letting out some rage..I decide to finish the other stuff and wait till another used/new hub comes in and arp studs. Ended up doing the tie rods first.

247.jpg

248.jpg

Then the ball joints..

249.jpg

And finally the wheel bearings

250.jpg

251.jpg

ARP studs came today, hopefully the hub will be here before Friday..I can't to drive my wagon with all the new parts :)!
  • The ARP's finally came in and so did the other new/used hub. And of course the ARP's went in great and didn't strip anything. So I finally got it all put together (by that time it was midnight) and I took it for a ride...and something was horribly wrong. My car was dragging from something. It was late so I waited till the next day to figure it out.

If you can see the wheel is cock-eye even though my steering wheel was straight. This was an awesome find for me...because I thought I totally FUBAR'd my bearings or something. Both sides looked like this, so I got under the car and fixed the Toe? and went and got an alignment.

419.jpg

Also we finally got some gravel to make the shop "low car" friendly

420.jpg

And it's finally back on the road! The steering is such much more improved now, and the ride is a lot firmer.

421.jpg

Next goals are:

Body work
    Revamped A/C
    Clean up the engine bay ( wire tuck, degreaser, etc)
    Window Tint
    Misc. other stuff
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Finally some updates! And boy these are some big updates :))

First off...body work has finally begun! Everyone at my shop is helping me with it.

150.jpg

151.jpg

Putty coat the whole hood

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

Round #2 on blocking the hood

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

Then we started on the fenders...god it pisses me off that someone fucked these JDM fenders up...ugh

162.jpg

163.jpg

But after a trying to straighten the fenders out...we decided to try and find some better condition fenders, and while I was at it to also find straighter doors, because my doors look like someone hit them with a sack of potatoes. And lucky someone right down the road was parting out a wagon with everything I needed!

The Fenders

164.jpg

and the doors...

165.jpg

Then I drove 3 hours to pick up a rust free driver side quarter for my wagon.

166.jpg

And today they cut out part of the quarter that we are going to use.

167.jpg

And a this is also happening to the wagon....;)

168.jpg

169.jpg

Oh yeah ladies and gentlemen...we will be riding on air soon :) more coming soon! Hope to have it painted and on air in a month or so!! SO EXCITED!
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    Very nice! Want see how low and high You will get with those air's! How much did they cost and where did You buy them if not a secret :D
    snowbrd wrote: »
    Very nice! Want see how low and high You will get with those air's! How much did they cost and where did You buy them if not a secret :D

If you bought my management new, plus the struts, probably run you about 2,500-3k. They should go low with some modification for sure!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Love how your wag sits. It's going to look sick when you spray it. What was up with your current quarter panel?
  • drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    I have like the same setup in my head except oem retainers. Good shit!
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    monster d wrote: »
    If you bought my management new, plus the struts, probably run you about 2,500-3k. They should go low with some modification for sure!
    That's expensive! I am looking for this one, but maybe with a digital control..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AIRLIFT-AIR-LIFT-77730-Analog-Combo-Kit-INTEGRA-CIVIC-CRX-DEL-SOL-/271016251714?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f19d3d142&vxp=mtr
    SPW wrote: »
    Love how your wag sits. It's going to look sick when you spray it. What was up with your current quarter panel?

It's rusted in the fenders, so we are going to section it in.
    drfink wrote: »
    I have like the same setup in my head except oem retainers. Good shit!

YOU LIKE IT?!
    snowbrd wrote: »

Yeah, but I got a pretty good deal. It all came out to about 2kish.