The Monster's RT4WD Civic

Comments

• drfinkdrfink Wagonist
    Yeah, it's great, but if you want to Rev higher than like 7300 rpm it might not be for you, that's when the cam stopped making power for me
  • monster d wrote: »
    I'm waiting to do the front hubs again, before I mess with the ride height. I'm going to go just a little bit lower.

does it hold up pretty good?

what kind of coilovers do you have on it? i need to buy some for mine and not sure what to get.
  • Damn some serious work going on in here. Cant wait to see it pay off
  • So I found a one owner 1994 Honda Civic LX 5 speed for $900. All it needed was a fuel pump and main relay to run. I got it running, titled, and insured. Then the work on the wagon took off.

209.jpg

So first thing we did the quarter panel. (FYI that's not me lol)

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

213.jpg

214.jpg

Then I got the door all clean up to get them ready to do body work, re-seamseal, and cut them in.

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg

Bumpers and rocker moldings off.

221.jpg

222.jpg

Trying to clean up this gross as hood, re-foam, and re-seamseal it also.

223.jpg
    224.jpg

More to COME :)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    holy shit. Putting in some serious work! I love it!

So excite for paint!!!
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    holy shit. Putting in some serious work! I love it!

So excite for paint!!!

me tooo!!!!
  • Well I'd like to start this post off with giving my self credit to the jam front end I did on my buddies Integra and I wanted to show off my nice time capsule of a Honda Civic.

225.jpg

But anyways on to the good stuff :) here the stuff going in the booth to get cut in.

226.jpg

Here is everything with sealer on it.

227.jpg

228.jpg

Base coat laid down.

229.jpg

230.jpg

231.jpg

And the clear coat laid down :)

232.jpg

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

This is how the the wagon sits, had to drive it down to my own shop so I can pull the engine.

236.jpg

And now she waits for me to work on her.

237.jpg

Stay tuned :)
  • GriftyGrifty Wagonist
    Looking good! What color is that?
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    been following on DSO, you're really putting some attention into it.
  • chaoschaos New Wagonist
    That is some serious dedication man! Nice work. It's going to look sooo fine when all done.
  • Grifty wrote: »
    Looking good! What color is that?

It's Suzuka Blue ! :)
    Abide wrote: »
    been following on DSO, you're really putting some attention into it.

Thanks man! I love this car!
    chaos wrote: »
    That is some serious dedication man! Nice work. It's going to look sooo fine when all done.

I HOPE!!! :D
  • Well I started taking the engine out earlier this week, but I forgot to upload the pictures! Sorry!

289.jpg

290.jpg

291.jpg

292.jpg

Getting the drive shafted disconnected.

293.jpg

294.jpg

The Crew helping me

295.jpg

296.jpg

297.jpg

298.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

Me in the engine bay

301.jpg

302.jpg

And me modeling in the bay

303.jpg
  • mr_sp33mr_sp33 Wagonist
    lol...........
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    stop it, my eyes. ;)
  • More like stop it my b*ner.
  • Well this semester is finally coming to an end, so I finally had sometime to fuck with the wagon. Also I have been slacking on the updates sorry :(

I have removed almost everything in the engine bay and I pressure washed the shit out of it.

369.jpg
    C221C68C-33F7-42A7-832E-94E106A1178B_zpstj3qzqqk.jpg

Next I gutted the interior, later going to pressure was it and but some sound deadener in it.

370.jpg

371.jpg

372.jpg

And then.....this started...

373.jpg

374.jpg

375.jpg

376.jpg

More shall come :)
  • Are you going to use a spray or pad type sound deadening?
  • bigdzysays wrote: »
    Are you going to use a spray or pad type sound deadening?

I'm not sure yet, I haven't looked into it much yet. Do you suggest anything?
  • I will be using a spray type so that I can get coverage on everything but I have not used it yet so I couldn't say how well it will work lol
    I will be using a spray type so that I can get coverage on everything but I have not used it yet so I couldn't say how well it will work lol

Is it a cheaper alternative?
  • Sound deadening is a great choice. I did that to my wagon and it makes a huge difference, much more quiet.
  • monster d wrote: »
    Is it a cheaper alternative?
    I think that depends, I know lizard skin sells a kit but you need a special spray gun for it.
    I think that depends, I know lizard skin sells a kit but you need a special spray gun for it.

I work at a body shop, so special spray guns is no problem for me :)
  • Semester is finally over....soo it's balls to the wall to finish this car before next semester starts...

I had to trim the upper control arm to clear the air struts in the front..

210.jpg

211.jpg

212.jpg

213.jpg

Painted the bare metal

214.jpg

Also I had to cut the top hats like I did for the rear but forgot to take pictures of that :(

215.jpg

Next I had to grind off this little hump on the back of the spindle. Sprayed the bare metal also.

216.jpg

217.jpg

218.jpg

219.jpg

And finally...it's all installed ready to be air'd up..

220.jpg

221.jpg

So I tried to do a mock up the management just to see how low these struts are actually going to go...but the management is giving me a error code...so I decided to called it a night.

222.jpg
  • I finally got it to work! :) but sadly it is not low enough, so I am going to have to extend the strut towers in the rear and the front to get it to go low enough.

5.mp4

6.mp4

7.mp4
  • Thats the only problem I worry about in this setups, best air bags would be with additional adjustable coils, like this for subaru:

http://bagriders.com/modlab/product_images/j/378/AirLift_08_Subaru-Impreza_rear2__65924_std.jpg

But I haven't found that kind of setup for old Hondas, oldest one is FN civic :(
  • snowbrd wrote: »
    Thats the only problem I worry about in this setups, best air bags would be with additional adjustable coils, like this for subaru:

http://bagriders.com/modlab/product_images/j/378/AirLift_08_Subaru-Impreza_rear2__65924_std.jpg

But I haven't found that kind of setup for old Hondas, oldest one is FN civic :(

well D2 and Ksport make some airstrut with adjustable height but it is way to fucking expensive. So I figured I'd rather extend my strut towers then pay the extra $1,500
  • At least they are allowed in USA.. :( I can't even legally drive with them here in Latvia :(
  • snowbrd wrote: »
    At least they are allowed in USA.. :( I can't even legally drive with them here in Latvia :(

aww that sucks :( at least y'all get beagles right?
  • Soo got to cutting on sunday and all of this happened...

331.jpg

332.jpg

333.jpg

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

Going to the metal place tomorrow to hopefully find the "u" part of a pipe to use to extend these towers.